[ROM][DAILY] Unofficial CM 7 Nightlies [Android 2.3.7/GWK74]

Search This thread

lutanica

Jul 9, 2008
I really hope, that someone takes the time to fix the issues remaining with CM7:

- Bluetooth AD2P issues with some apps like PowerAMP (disconnecting when screen goes off)
- Corrupt CRT off-screen animation
- Android Market freezing (something happened with this last build. I had problems installing anything in market. The downloading bar kept going and going without installing the apps) (tried 2 times with 2 comeplete flashes)

Ok_Kaleidoscope5109

Dec 29, 2009
where do we report issues so someone will take a look at them?

I really hope, that someone takes the time to fix the issues remaining with CM7:

- Bluetooth AD2P issues with some apps like PowerAMP (disconnecting when screen goes off)
- Corrupt CRT off-screen animation
- Android Market freezing (something happened with this last build. I had problems installing anything in market. The downloading bar kept going and going without installing the apps) (tried 2 times with 2 comeplete flashes)

I'm using Euroskank nightly 2/26 and the CRT off-screen is fixed apparently.

Last edited:

rommy667

Nov 7, 2011
Ireland
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Just want to say arif-ali if the build bot returns big thanks for all the nightlies ive used them from 20120101 and they were great never had any probs or fcs or reboots and got great enjoyment from the nightly updates im now a flashaholic :)

ivangs1

Feb 21, 2011
Sofia
Just want to say arif-ali if the build bot returns big thanks for all the nightlies ive used them from 20120101 and they were great never had any probs or fcs or reboots and got great enjoyment from the nightly updates im now a flashaholic :)

I also want to say big thank you to arif-ali about his perfect builds.
I personally think that they are better than CM nightlies.

Reactions: rommy667

lutanica

Jul 9, 2008
You sure that you wanna hear this? :p

Go to your market, and my apps and go into the description (install page) of any of your installed apps. Then scroll up and down for 5 to 10 secs without lifting your finger. There you will have the infamous market freeze.

market freezing? how come i haven't seen my market freeze yet (knock on wood). I've been using CM7 kangs from last week. My SGS2 is only 1 week old.

Last edited:

arif-ali

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 14, 2007
Sheffield
blog.arif-ali.co.uk
Sad to see this nightly stop :(
Thanks for the great work! Hope to see the CM buildbot rise from the dead soon.

I don't see the point of duplicating work. My server may continue to crunch out the nightlies, But I don't want to step on codeworkx, atinm, teamhacksung toes. Plus all my server was doing was doing the nightlies

* Did I have any input in any of the source code? NO
* Did I do any constructive development for SGSII? NO
* All I have done is added sgs2 to my buildbot, and it built all the nightlies (Anyone can do that Check out my scripts at https://github.com/arif-ali/android-scripts)

ivangs1 said:
I also want to say big thank you to arif-ali about his perfect builds.
I personally think that they are better than CM nightlies.

I don't think they were perfect. How do you know that this was the cause of the CM code starting to be better? i.e. it could be that lets say CM had their nightlies, their's may have been also stable as the ones that my server has been building.

Thanks for your appreciation either way.

ivangs1

Feb 21, 2011
Sofia
I don't think they were perfect. How do you know that this was the cause of the CM code starting to be better? i.e. it could be that lets say CM had their nightlies, their's may have been also stable as the ones that my server has been building.

Thanks for your appreciation either way.

You are right - this is result form the work of whole CM team.
Hope they will continue improve CM ICS for galaxy S2.

Just wanted to say thank you for your job.

GJ123

Jan 6, 2011
Mmm even after gapps flash I have no market:(
All other apps are there but te most important not:confused:

wallywalnut64

Jun 11, 2010
Hmm I've been using these nightlies for about a month now, kinda hesitant to go back to official nightlies as I've had so much success with this one.

ivangs1

Feb 21, 2011
Sofia
Incoming call volume problem

Does anyone have the same problem as me?

After i get an incoming call the volume suddenly increases i should adjust the volume with volume buttons to return to normal volume.

The volume does not show that it was increased it show 2 , but i have to decrease to 1 and the to increase to 2 to get the default behavior.

I have tried to reset profiles(settings->profile-> Reset all) as i have read that it has solved the problem to some users but without result.

Thank you in advance for your help.

wallywalnut64

Jun 11, 2010
Anyone know if the market freezing issue is still there with the official nightly? If no one has tried it I will once I get some more download allowance. Not for a few days at least. Cheers :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction

Welcome to the Unofficial CyanogenMod Nightlies for the Samsung Galaxy S II

The build is compiled from the latest cyanogen/github repos using the slightly tweaked device and c1-common files.

Notes

This build is Unofficial work, not related to teamhacksung or CyanogenMod nightlies. Please do not report bugs to teamhacksung or CyanogenMod for anything that is provided as part of this thread. I created this so that we all can updates to anything that CyanogenMod updates, bug fixes or enhancements. If at any time teamhacksung or CyanogenMod re-start their nightlies I may be requested by them to bring this thread down.

Use this at your own risk. I will not be accountable if this causes you phone to fail, or you lose your data. The backup of your data is your responsibility.

General Info

The releases will co-inside and the build start time is at 01:01 GMT, and by 02:00 GMT the builds should be uploaded. If at anytime the builds are not there, then there was a problem building the ROM, and I will have a look at it ASAP.

I use this as my daily driver, so I will know if it didn't compile; so please don't add another post to mention the fact it isn't compiled.

Below You will find Download Links for Each Build and Instructions on how to install it.

Download

ROM: download (Download the lastest zip for galaxys2 from the list)
    GAPPS: Google Apps

Known Issues:

* You Tell Me

Addition added by me

* Tablet tweaks

Pre-requisites

* Rooted phone
    * CWM (This build will automaticllay upgrade to latest one available at the time)
    (Download this zImage, and flash with Odin or Heimdall)

ChangeLog

* http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,status:merged+branch:gingerbread,n,z
    * http://github.com/arif-ali/android_device_samsung_galaxys2
    * http://github.com/arif-ali/android_device_samsung_c1-common

Thanks/Credits

• teamhacksung - All the device files on github
    • CyanogenMod - For starting this great project
    • Google - This wouldn't have happened without the releases of Android from you

All comments/suggestions are welcome
    I will try to put an update tonight, in my usual place

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    OK, my server is now in place, and the latest one is now compiled and uploaded.

Hopefully, the nightlies will continue from now on.

enjoy ;) :p
    arif-ali is possible when a new rom is compiled you post the latest change according to http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=galaxys2?

It will be done automatically

Infact it is probably going to start compiling in 10 mins

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk