HTC One X Desktop Cradle with Speaker CR S650

Search This thread

biggdaniell

May 18, 2010
I won't buy the phone until someone releases a Desktop Cradle with pogo pins charging.
Did anyone found something like this? (except the expensive official cradle with speaker)

BigladUK

Dec 6, 2010
Looks like this is going to be a little while longer

This is a message from King of Gadgets

Dear biglad_uk,

Hi There

unfortunately not. HTC have contacted us today to announce that it has been put back to the 16th.
We are in the process of notifying customers today.

Kind Regards

Linda

- kingofgadgets-uk

Gulioth

Nov 27, 2007
Hey guys, anyone know what's going on with this? Seems to be delayed further as can't find availability anywhere.

jonnypedantic

Jul 11, 2008
Hey guys, anyone know what's going on with this? Seems to be delayed further as can't find availability anywhere.

It seems like no one knows what's going on. Expansys lists June 21 as the date it will be available, but I remain skeptical that this date is based on anything concrete. Something similar happened with the Galaxy Nexus pogo-pin dock: Expansys posted a date and pushed it back over and over again. Three months after the phone came out, the dock eventually was available for a mere $90 on Samsung's website and quickly sold out. I don't even know if Expansys or any other retailer actually got any stock, because I stopped paying attention after I threw my $90, plus shipping, at Samsung and begged them to send me a hunk of plastic with pogo pins. This CR S650 is rapidly turning into a fiasco of similar proportions. These pogo-pin docks seem to be cursed. Also, I seem to have some kind of weakness for pogo pins.

Feb 2, 2011
Brisbane
Bahhh! I ordered this over a month ago and have yet to see anything, am thinking of just cancelling and getting el cheapo micro usb docking station. I blame HTC. Seems like they just haven't got enough stock and aren't telling the retailers when to expect stock. VERY frustrating!

audiobookman

Aug 1, 2007
yep i also got a email from amazon saying its YET again delayed, ive had it on pre order for about 7 weeks now and sick to death of htc putting the date back. Im now leaving it to the 1st and then cancelling it for good.
HTC done this last year with the sensation, before that the desire hd, and now the one x, you would have thought they would have learned from thier mistakes and got the accessorys in place at the same time as the phone was released.
Im sure generic docks will be around soon, and i wont have to spend any more money with htc....

knoxploration

Apr 23, 2011
Already says out of stock. Be interesting to see if it was ever really in stock.

I'm really hoping HTC aren't going to pull an Asus on this. Asus announced a dock for the Transformer TF101 tablet, showed the design, even gave it a UPC code and list price, so it appeared as a real product on sites all over the web... and then it vanished. No sign of them ever selling a single unit, anywhere in the world. Pathetic.

Gulioth

Nov 27, 2007
What's all the hype with the pogo connectors etc. and why is it advantageous over micro-USB in relation to docking?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

biggdaniell

May 18, 2010
You just put down the phone and that's it. You can do that just as easily in complete darkness (you know...when everyone sleeps and can't turn on the light - actually this happens to me every single day, I mean night).

With microusb docks you need light (lots of it) and you full attention not to scratch the phone (and there's 99% chance you WILL scratch it). There are some better ones which lower that risk but still it's cumbersome to use them.

BigladUK

Dec 6, 2010
For me it's simple convenience, just like wireless charging, no two handed fiddly docking onto a tight usb connector.

Si

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

audiobookman

Aug 1, 2007
Already says out of stock. Be interesting to see if it was ever really in stock.

I'm really hoping HTC aren't going to pull an Asus on this. Asus announced a dock for the Transformer TF101 tablet, showed the design, even gave it a UPC code and list price, so it appeared as a real product on sites all over the web... and then it vanished. No sign of them ever selling a single unit, anywhere in the world. Pathetic.

im tending to think the same as you now mate, its vapourware!, its not like its a challenge to make a dock but yet HTC seems to make it a challenge,
im given it 24hrs then cancelling the order and getting the cheap dock that has been shown on here and its not vapourware..

joe_the_man

Mar 19, 2011
Does it cause problems to leave the phone charging overnight? Like, do battery issues develop over time and what about having the screen on all the time?

biggdaniell

May 18, 2010
Does it cause problems to leave the phone charging overnight? Like, do battery issues develop over time and what about having the screen on all the time?

There are a lot of good reading you can find on this forum regarding this matter but the most important things you should keep in mind for a healthy (Li-ion/Li-po) battery are:

- do NOT keep the screen ON while charging (so an always on night clock is a bad idea)
- charge the phone when it reaches 40-50% and never let it get close to 0% (it's better to charge the phone 3 times/day than once every two days if by doing so it gets close to 0%)
- charge the batteries to 40-70% if plan to store them (don't fully charge a battery if you plan to store it for more than a week or so)
- avoid overheating (obviously)

In an ideal world you should not charge the phone overnight either but this an non-issue really because most phones switch to battery (and even laptops) when the charge is complete and restart charging after a 1-3% drop (your battery will degrade with 1-2% in like 2 years or so because of this compared to up 60% in the same period if you let it "die" on a daily basis).

The way I' using my (almost perfect) T3 HOX (with light to moderate use), it rarely drops bellow 40% after an 16h day (with everything ON), so I'm pretty happy with it.

Have fun!

MagicMan3311

Sep 30, 2009

yes, it was never available. ;-) so my order got cancelled.
I never believed that they had one of the dock available. but it was a nice try

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK a quick round up from me,

The dock it's self is nice with a good quality feel, the inlay/filler ( used when the phone isn't in a case ) is cheap and not moulded brilliantly so it doesn't sit perfectly flat slightly obstructing the + and - volumes buttons...but not the end of the world.

The speaker is fine as already said but won't set your world on fire.

The real interesting thing ( as you can see from the quick video ) is that as soon as it enters the dock the whole launcher/lock screen turned horizontal....shame it doesn't act like this all the time.

Any pictures and video attached https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v2krql5c7d0jkjv/8PijCb68jW

Si

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

Oh my phone is total stock BTW

Si
    I swear I live in a reverse universe from most people on this forum. I have an early HT23 with zero issues, my Media Link works great at home and in hotels, and the CR 650 docks I finally got today are great too.

- There's no buzzing of any kind as some have reported. There's some distortion at max volume but it's too loud to listen to that way anyway. It's not a Jambox and not priced that way so I don't know what people are expecting. You should always have the phone at max output and cut the volume back with the auxiliary device rather than the other way around. You'll always get better sound and less distortion that way as the phone’s the superior output device. Having the phone at half volume and boosting it via the dock won’t sound nearly as well.

- I've been using it at my desk for a couple of hours and it hasn't overheated. I like the live weather wallpaper; it's soothing to look at.

- As for the phone's behavior in the dock you have three choices: 1) the preset HTC dock screen, 2) an app of your choice, or 3) nothing which means the home screen is always horizontal and would behave the same way it would if it were on a regular AC charger; meaning the screen will time out based on your specified setting. In dock mode it automatically dims itself based on the time you specify.

- Here's the dock menu

There are some pretty flexible options and the ability to automatically connect to a specified BT device is pretty cool. Speaking of which, the dock plays audio via the pogo connectors not BT which means you can use a BT pendent to output audio to your usual headphones. That's a way to overcome the headphone jack being blocked that people were complaining about earlier. I already have the HTC aptX StereoClip so with a coupler I'll get fantastic lossless sound wirelessly while the phone's docked. Pretty slick.

- As for the quality of the dock, it's solid and well built. I agree the supplementary tray's a little odd but once the phone's docked it really doesn't matter. Because the connection between the pins on the dock and receivers on the phone are so tight, moving the phone around can cause it to lose connection. Not so much from touching the phone but using the volume buttons since it can move the tray. I'm just more careful when pressing them and it hasn't happened since.

Lastly, what do you guys expect for the equivalent of $70 USD? It's a wireless charger that outputs audio and acts as a speakerphone. It also adds some cool s/w functions via dock mode. A Jambox is $150 for just speakers so I personally didn't expect the same sound quality. HTC's pushing BT and aptX so I kind of get why there's no audio out on the dock. To me, it seems like a fair value and serves my primary need which is wireless charging to always keep my phone topped up and avoid wear-and-tear on the USB port.

Here's Samsung's wireless charging solution. It looks goofy, requires the back of the phone be replaced, and does nothing but charge the phone. I'm willing to bet you it's no less than what HTC's charging for the CR-S650 and likely more.

samsung_gsiii_wireless_charging_sg_1-580x411.jpg

P.S. - To the person with the brightness as an alarm problem. Did you ever think of dimming the phone before putting it in the dock? At lower brightness settings on the phone itself the dock further dims the display to the point you almost can't see it. Sometimes asking a question rather than making a proclamation will get you the answers you're seeking.

P.S.S - You can change the wallpaper. Long press on the display when it's in dock mode and the wallpaper picker app pops up.

There are a lot of good reading you can find on this forum regarding this matter but the most important things you should keep in mind for a healthy (Li-ion/Li-po) battery are:

- do NOT keep the screen ON while charging (so an always on night clock is a bad idea)
    - charge the phone when it reaches 40-50% and never let it get close to 0% (it's better to charge the phone 3 times/day than once every two days if by doing so it gets close to 0%)
    - charge the batteries to 40-70% if plan to store them (don't fully charge a battery if you plan to store it for more than a week or so)
    - avoid overheating (obviously)

In an ideal world you should not charge the phone overnight either but this an non-issue really because most phones switch to battery (and even laptops) when the charge is complete and restart charging after a 1-3% drop (your battery will degrade with 1-2% in like 2 years or so because of this compared to up 60% in the same period if you let it "die" on a daily basis).

The way I' using my (almost perfect) T3 HOX (with light to moderate use), it rarely drops bellow 40% after an 16h day (with everything ON), so I'm pretty happy with it.

Have fun!
    Afaik the utterly useless Beats only works on headphones, so it is expected behavior not to work on the dock.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Anyone have any info if/when a US version of this will be available? I only see an EU model...

May 6th probably, close to that date.