[Q] WIFI timer not working since 4.3 update

Search This thread

james_lpool

Apr 25, 2012
Liverpool
When i was using 4.2.2 the wifi timer worked fine, i had it set to come on at a certain time and off, and it worked fine

Since updating to 4.3 i have set the same timer again (as i done a clean install of 4.3) and now every time it gets to the on time, i get a notification saying the wifi timer has started but the wifi it's self doesn't come on, when i look at my short cut tabs at the top the wifi one if off, even after the wifi timer says its started.

is this a known issue?

James

maanz "L"

Sep 12, 2010
singapore
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
When i was using 4.2.2 the wifi timer worked fine, i had it set to come on at a certain time and off, and it worked fine

Since updating to 4.3 i have set the same timer again (as i done a clean install of 4.3) and now every time it gets to the on time, i get a notification saying the wifi timer has started but the wifi it's self doesn't come on, when i look at my short cut tabs at the top the wifi one if off, even after the wifi timer says its started.

is this a known issue?

James

Hi.
I don't think this a known issue.
I'm using it myself and it works good in 4.2 and 4.3.
Does yr WIFI on yr device working without the timer?

james_lpool

Apr 25, 2012
Liverpool
Yes the Wi-Fi is working fine when I put it in myself, the timer just doesn't seem to be working in my phone, when it gets to the on time, I get a notification saying that the timer has come on but when I bring the notification bar down the Wi-Fi isn't turned on.

maanz "L"

Sep 12, 2010
singapore
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Yes the Wi-Fi is working fine when I put it in myself, the timer just doesn't seem to be working in my phone, when it gets to the on time, I get a notification saying that the timer has come on but when I bring the notification bar down the Wi-Fi isn't turned on.

Strange..
U might want to re-install the firmware again.
Make sure to do clean wipe, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache before reinstalling.
Other that that, some 3rd party apps u had installed might have prevented the WIFI timer to be activated (some apps are poorly made by the developers).
This is all I can I think of.
Hope that this may help u.

james_lpool

Apr 25, 2012
Liverpool
Strange..
U might want to re-install the firmware again.
Make sure to do clean wipe, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache before reinstalling.
Other that that, some 3rd party apps u had installed might have prevented the WIFI timer to be activated (some apps are poorly made by the developers).
This is all I can I think of.
Hope that this may help u.

thanks for your replies, ive done a bit more testing with it and have found that if i have my phone on when the timer comes on then the wifi does connect, its when the flip case is closed and the phone screen is off it doesnt seem to come on.

also i have also found that everytime the timer comes on i get a security message saying an application attempted to access system on your device, this has been blocked..

the wifi timer is the built in one though and not a 3rd part app, so not sure why thats saying that.

maanz "L"

Sep 12, 2010
singapore
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
thanks for your replies, ive done a bit more testing with it and have found that if i have my phone on when the timer comes on then the wifi does connect, its when the flip case is closed and the phone screen is off it doesnt seem to come on.

also i have also found that everytime the timer comes on i get a security message saying an application attempted to access system on your device, this has been blocked..

the wifi timer is the built in one though and not a 3rd part app, so not sure why thats saying that.

Ok, that is normal when the screen is off, mate.. ;)

I read somewhere here that the security message is kinda bug by Samsung...
btw, are u using the original firmware?
If so, u will get that message.

james_lpool

Apr 25, 2012
Liverpool
Yes I'm using the original non rooted Rom, when I was 4.2.2 my Wi-Fi would also come on by timer even if the screen was off, that's why I was confused by it not coming on in 4.3

When in 4.2 I was using a rooted version, but decided to go official with 4.3

sten_amund

Aug 26, 2012
Same with brand new i9506

Hi!
I'm seing the exact same with a brand new GT-I9506, 4.3 pre-installed (XXUBML6), completely stock, no root, no odd 3rd party app. Anybody else seing the same for this specific model?

Rgds,
sten_amund