Fake Samsung S2 Galaxy i9100

Search This thread

XOXOTech

My mom got a secondhand phone from one of her customers... It was given to me (Im in Malaysia).

The box was ceramic white original Samsung i9100g cover, but the phone was black and i noticed there were second sim card slot (was taped in black to hide it, didnt realize this till just recently)
The battery was long lithium and not the ones i saw on google original Samsung S2 i9100.

When i start up the phone, it looks identical to Samsung galaxy s2 i9100 screen.
But when i wanted to install apps, because there were no "Applications" in settings. infact, many options were limited.

Being a noob in android, i thought its the OS problem without having any doubt it was fake i went on the hunt for odin and kies to upgrade the firmware, but i failed
Because, even though the storage mode can be connected to the pc, but kies/odin/adb cant recognize it despite, i've tried many drivers from samsung-htc-androidusb- pdanet...
Yes... USB Debugging might be the problem (Thats what i thought too). But i cant access the "application" in settings and i dint find any "usb mode" in the phone. (Explored it)

I kept reading on trying to fix it since i dont have the luxury to send the phone to town for repair... then again the phone is not broken to repair lol, just cant install and uninstall anything. No Markets on the android at all.

I tried to boot on recovery, vol up + power not working, vol down + power not working, vol up and down + power not working, vol down + menu + power not working, vol up + power + menu not working, vol up n down + menu + power also not working! This phone must be LOCKED COMPLETELY as everytime i do so, a 2 second of blank screen appears and the normal Samsung Galaxy i9100 screen shows up. NO Recovery Boot!

So finally my conclusion... its a fake samsung i9100 phone, so i googled on for the phone details, found htc 9100 and star 9100 but... Only to be more confused with what this phone is really.

Oh yes, ONLY *#06# code works and imei seem to be valid checked on a site for validating imei. However it is not the same as the back of the battery :(
I tried both Samsung codes and china codes to check the sofware version and hardware version, but nothing happens after typing in those codes... Went through even HTC and motorola codes and non work except the imei and the change language codes.

The Network by default is Ais/dtac/tru which are thailand operators, but the "other network" setting have china based operators, had to change them all to malaysian network operators to be able to use wap and gprs net. The back of the battery says :
its made in korea,
model gt - i9100
ssn : - i9100gsmh
fcc id, imei and sn which the imei dont match with *#06# imei.

I've done that "restore settings" and nothing changed.

here is some, screenshot below... sorry for the extreme poor quality.

Here is the front picture :

4.bp.blogspot.com/-Ob525jqP6So/T7k20FuJLlI/AAAAAAAAAtE/BSOp8-3TTck/s1600/210520122734.jpg

Here is the back picture without cover :

3.bp.blogspot.com/-TGhDiO_9bBA/T7k2u2L0eiI/AAAAAAAAAss/hyfSILK3zzo/s1600/210520122730.jpg

Here is the Setting buttons :

4.bp.blogspot.com/-J2mWNfFgvr8/T6UWVJw2HZI/AAAAAAAAAp0/NBaMxl8Owpo/s1600/050520122721.jpg

Here is the First Menu i see when i click settings :

2.bp.blogspot.com/-YiTLBqXhkaw/T6UWeyT_bYI/AAAAAAAAAp8/91sOsG-wCO8/s1600/050520122726.jpg

Okay.................. So is it fake samsung s2 or real?? if its fake, what it is actually so i could get that USB mode working just so i can root it and install some apps or atleast android market? (is there android market in . jar format? haaa googled, and none... need to convert apk to jar... omg im straying too far from my purpose with more probs then solutions)

There is JAVA in it with JBed, but NO android market, i wonder how did it have some "fruit ninja" game and unwanted sexy apps when cant even copy the apk to the memory card to install?

Sorry for the super long question, Hope someone could help at least identify what this phone as a start to one of the solutions.

Last edited:

Chef_Tony

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 8, 2008
that is a 100% fake phone. you can clearly see on the 2nd photo that it looks nothing like a sgs2, yours appears to be a dual sim phone and also the rest of the insides bare no similarity to the sgs2. sorry to say, but you have a cheap knock off there.

Reactions: XOXOTech

blazk

Feb 2, 2011
its a fake, believe me. and its not android. its just a feature phone in which the interface look like android. so you cant install apk. only java. and no it cant be converted.

scayre32

Apr 4, 2012
Speaking of fakes

I have a friend who intentionally bought a 'replica' S2 from China, which is very similar to the real thing, only a bit thicker and with a different camera casing. It claimed to run on Honeycomb too. Pretty bizarre stuff out there.

atifsh

Sep 24, 2009
Islamabad
unless this is your phone which is not fake............ though problems you are having means its a fake.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i929_galaxy_s_ii_duos-4387.php

samsung does make dual sim phones

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

Dual sim=china phone mate:(

You got ripped

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

samsung makes dual sim phones its pretty common here where people somhow want to have 2 sims.

XOXOTech

Alright, so the phone is fake, But what phone model it is even though its fake, who knows there is a way to install a decent app.

blazk,
Im a little confused on APK and Java, i tried installing jar games to test the jar installation... and seems like the touchscreen dont recognize the buttons at all. With exception to "text" based application (like Operamini/Umobile) instead of pixel text (picture text like the Games menu buttons), so it still lead to apk files or java touch enabled games. most of the games comes with the phone are common touchscreen type of games. Conclusion : it may not support apk, but there must be a way to install it at least from pc right? (adb push??? first of all need to get that fake model name at least)

By the way, im new to android, please do right me if im wrong, i thought "android sdk" is like the only java platform for the touchscreen mobile world, So the fake phones should be build around that right (to install and uninstall), Again, my knowledge is limited; so im not sure what feature phone means. (clone phone?)

atifsh,
The link you show have different specs then the one i have.
Rear 8mega pixel camera (good pictures for distant locations, but close up looks dull), front 5 mega pixel, with only "66.69mb" total internal memory" assuming the OS has taken up some space so it should be 80mb or 1gb?? well not sure.

Im thinking How do i google for simcard slots that above each other for i9100, tried and tones of things not what im looking for popped up.
:rolleyes:

I hope if anyone who have similar fake phones, please do share a picture of the back sim card slots, if can with the model name, at least i could figure out what firmware/rom its running on.

Thank you everyone for the kind replies. :)

Reactions: atifsh

nanoronline

Mar 28, 2011
Melbourne
Definitely a fake one. I am from Malaysia too and those fake ones from China are openly and commonly sold pretty much everywhere :/

tjtj4444

Apr 11, 2011
ouchscreen type of games. Conclusion : it may not support apk, but there must be a way to install it at least from pc right? (adb push??? first of all need to get that fake model name at least)

By the way, im new to android, please do right me if im wrong, i thought "android sdk" is like the only java platform for the touchscreen mobile world, So the fake phones should be build around that right (to install and uninstall), Again, my knowledge is limited; so im not sure what feature phone means. (clone phone?)

Android is not the only mobile platform using Java, J2ME has been around for many years with support on most phones a few years back.
There are tons of games available.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_Platform,_Micro_Edition

But please note, there are big differences between J2ME and Android on many different levels.

Last edited:

dj alex z

May 6, 2009
My mom got a secondhand phone from one of her customers... It was given to me (Im in Malaysia).

The box was ceramic white original Samsung i9100g cover, but the phone was black and i noticed there were second sim card slot (was taped in black to hide it, didnt realize this till just recently)
The battery was long lithium and not the ones i saw on google original Samsung S2 i9100.

When i start up the phone, it looks identical to Samsung galaxy s2 i9100 screen.
But when i wanted to install apps, because there were no "Applications" in settings. infact, many options were limited.

Being a noob in android, i thought its the OS problem without having any doubt it was fake i went on the hunt for odin and kies to upgrade the firmware, but i failed
Because, even though the storage mode can be connected to the pc, but kies/odin/adb cant recognize it despite, i've tried many drivers from samsung-htc-androidusb- pdanet...
Yes... USB Debugging might be the problem (Thats what i thought too). But i cant access the "application" in settings and i dint find any "usb mode" in the phone. (Explored it)

I kept reading on trying to fix it since i dont have the luxury to send the phone to town for repair... then again the phone is not broken to repair lol, just cant install and uninstall anything. No Markets on the android at all.

I tried to boot on recovery, vol up + power not working, vol down + power not working, vol up and down + power not working, vol down + menu + power not working, vol up + power + menu not working, vol up n down + menu + power also not working! This phone must be LOCKED COMPLETELY as everytime i do so, a 2 second of blank screen appears and the normal Samsung Galaxy i9100 screen shows up. NO Recovery Boot!

So finally my conclusion... its a fake samsung i9100 phone, so i googled on for the phone details, found htc 9100 and star 9100 but... Only to be more confused with what this phone is really.

Oh yes, ONLY *#06# code works and imei seem to be valid checked on a site for validating imei. However it is not the same as the back of the battery :(
I tried both Samsung codes and china codes to check the sofware version and hardware version, but nothing happens after typing in those codes... Went through even HTC and motorola codes and non work except the imei and the change language codes.

The Network by default is Ais/dtac/tru which are thailand operators, but the "other network" setting have china based operators, had to change them all to malaysian network operators to be able to use wap and gprs net. The back of the battery says :
its made in korea,
model gt - i9100
ssn : - i9100gsmh
fcc id, imei and sn which the imei dont match with *#06# imei.

I've done that "restore settings" and nothing changed.

here is some, screenshot below... sorry for the extreme poor quality.

Here is the front picture :

4.bp.blogspot.com/-Ob525jqP6So/T7k20FuJLlI/AAAAAAAAAtE/BSOp8-3TTck/s1600/210520122734.jpg

Here is the back picture without cover :

3.bp.blogspot.com/-TGhDiO_9bBA/T7k2u2L0eiI/AAAAAAAAAss/hyfSILK3zzo/s1600/210520122730.jpg

Here is the Setting buttons :

4.bp.blogspot.com/-J2mWNfFgvr8/T6UWVJw2HZI/AAAAAAAAAp0/NBaMxl8Owpo/s1600/050520122721.jpg

Here is the First Menu i see when i click settings :

2.bp.blogspot.com/-YiTLBqXhkaw/T6UWeyT_bYI/AAAAAAAAAp8/91sOsG-wCO8/s1600/050520122726.jpg

Okay.................. So is it fake samsung s2 or real?? if its fake, what it is actually so i could get that USB mode working just so i can root it and install some apps or atleast android market? (is there android market in . jar format? haaa googled, and none... need to convert apk to jar... omg im straying too far from my purpose with more probs then solutions)

There is JAVA in it with JBed, but NO android market, i wonder how did it have some "fruit ninja" game and unwanted sexy apps when cant even copy the apk to the memory card to install?

Sorry for the super long question, Hope someone could help at least identify what this phone as a start to one of the solutions.

Gesendet von meinem Samsung Galaxy S 2

sorry, wrong button

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    that is a 100% fake phone. you can clearly see on the 2nd photo that it looks nothing like a sgs2, yours appears to be a dual sim phone and also the rest of the insides bare no similarity to the sgs2. sorry to say, but you have a cheap knock off there.
    its a fake, believe me. and its not android. its just a feature phone in which the interface look like android. so you cant install apk. only java. and no it cant be converted.
    Retitle this to not a question> but> how to spot a fake and it might be a useful post to others .

jje
    Dual sim=china phone mate:(

You got ripped

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Speaking of fakes

I have a friend who intentionally bought a 'replica' S2 from China, which is very similar to the real thing, only a bit thicker and with a different camera casing. It claimed to run on Honeycomb too. Pretty bizarre stuff out there.