[Guide] How to create .LNK files and use parameters

Search This thread

bbobeckyj

Aug 4, 2006
dorset
Due to the increasing amount of requests bulking up other threads, regarding how to make and use parameters I'm starting this thread with all the info at the begining, and I'll link it in my signature.
I make no claim to have discovered all of them.
I hereby present my collection gathered (copy & paste mostly) from this and other sites.

How to create .LNK files and use parameters

HOW TO CREATE SHORTCUTS ON YOUR PPC, NOT ON THE PC AND THEN TRANSFER THEM-

1-Don't use the inbuilt file explorer. use gsfinder, or total commander etc. The inbuilt file explorer can't edit links or show file extensions - if you try to rename something to xxx.LNK, it will really be xxx.lnk.txt (or something)
2: Using the other file explorer, copy and paste a shortcut to ANY file/exe/.lnk you want.
3: Tap & hold on this new shortcut, select 'properties'.
4: in properties, write the address of the program you want the shortcut for. ie- program files\xxx.exe or windows\xxx.exe or ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,5 (the about screen)...
5: Ok/Close the properties, & rename the link to whatever you want leaving .LNK at the end

THE OTHER METHOD IS-

Again you'll need a different file explorer. Create a .TXT file with the content '#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,1' or '#' followed by the address , such as '#tmail.exe' (for example) then rename the file extension to .LNK In my tests a number before the # is NOT required.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTES-

When creating using a .txt file the contents must start with a '#', if creating by editing the properties of an existing .lnk you do not need the '#' There are examples below of both methods, if it has a '#' it's the .txt method, if it is in quotes, it is the address as it would need to be in the properties of the .lnk file

It is NOT possible to open a link to the folder view you get by \start menu\programs unless you have folderview.exe in your windows folder, none of my 4 devices have that so I've not tested it. But you can open to folders with file explorer using, for example- "\program files\greensoftware\gsfinder.exe" windows\start menu\programs\games

There is NO shortcut to quickly dial a number, you would need to go through the 'confirm number page', or use 3rd party soft such as vijay555's
Edit: Quicker dialing shortcut found and added, still requires you to press 'Talk' after you run the .lnk though
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Available parameters for tmail.exe (depending on the service used) are- "tmail.exe" -new ""

"tmail.exe" -service ""
"tmail.exe" -to ""
"tmail.exe" -subject ""
"tmail.exe" -Body ""
"tmail.exe" -attach ""
"tmail.exe" -open "inbox"
"tmail.exe" -sync
or combinations of all such as-
"tmail.exe" -to "N_E_One@gmail.com" -subject "Photos" -Message "Hi, here is the picture" -attach "\my documents\my pictures\1.jpg"

Links for settings:
Settings>Personal>Password>Password = 20#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,1
Settings>Personal>Password>Hint = 22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,1,1
Settings>Personal>Owner Information>Identification = 20#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,2
Settings>Personal>Owner Information>Notes = 22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,2,1
Settings>Personal>Owner Information>Options = 22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,2,2
Settings>System>Power>Main = 20#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,3
Settings>System>Memory>Main = 20#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,4
Settings>System>Memory>Storage Card = 22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,4,1
Settings>System>Memory>Running Programs = 22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,4,2
Settings>System>About>Version = 20#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,5
Settings>System>About>Device ID = 22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,5,1
Settings>System>About>Copyrights = 22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,5,2
Settings>System>Backlight>Brightness = 20#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,6
Settings>System>Backlight>Battery power= 20#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,6,1
Settings>System>Backlight>External power = 20#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,6,2
Settings>System>Screen>General = 20#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,7
Settings>System>Screen>Clear Type = 22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,7,1
Settings>System>Screen>Text Size = 22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,7,2
Settings>Personal>Input>Input Method = 20#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,8
Settings>Personal>Input>Word Completion = 22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,8,1
Settings>Personal>Input>Options = 22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,8,2
Settings>Personal>Sounds & Notifications>Sounds = 20#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,9
Settings>Personal>Sounds & Notifications>Notifications = 22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,9,1
Settings>System>Remove Programs = 21#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,10
Settings>Personal>Menus>Start Menu = 21#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,11
Settings>Personal>Menus>New Menu = 23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,11,1
Settings>Personal>Buttons>Program Buttons = 21#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,12
Settings>Personal>Buttons>Up/Down Controls = 23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,12,1
Settings>Personal>Today>Appearance = 21#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,13
Settings>Personal>Today>Items = 23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,13,1
Settings>Connections>Beam = 21#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,15
Settings>System>Clock & Alarms>Time = 21#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,16
Settings>System>Clock & Alarms>Alarms = 23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,16,2
Settings>Connections>Network Cards = 21#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,17
Settings>System>Regional Settings>Region = 21#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,18
Settings>System>Regional Settings>Number = 23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,18,1
Settings>System>Regional Settings>Currency = 23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,18,2
Settings>System>Regional Settings>Time = 23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,18,3
Settings>System>Regional Settings>Date = 23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,18,4
Settings>Connections>Connections>Task = 21#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,19
Settings>Connections>Connection>Advanced = 23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,19,1
Settings>Personal>Phone>Phone = 21#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,20
Settings>Personal>Phone>Services = 23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,20,1
Settings>Personal>Phone>Network = 23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,20,2
Settings>Personal>Phone>More = 23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,20,3
Settings>System>Certificates>Personal = 21#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,22
Settings>System>Certificates>Root = 23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,22,1
Settings>Connections>Bluetooth>Mode = 21#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,23
Settings>Connections>Bluetooth>Devices = 23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,23,1
Calendar agenda view 21#:MSCALENDAR -va?outres.dll,-100002
Calendar day view 21#:MSCALENDAR -vd?outres.dll,-100002
Calendar month view 21#:MSCALENDAR -vm?outres.dll,-100002
Calendar week view 21#:MSCALENDAR -vw?outres.dll,-100002
Calendar year view 21#:MSCALENDAR -vy?outres.dll,-100002
Calendar must be already running in the background for these to work
New Task: "poutlook.exe" tasks -new
New Note: "notes.exe" -n
New Contact: "poutlook.exe" contacts -new
New Appointment: "poutlook.exe" calendar -new
To Dial a number: "\windows\cprog.exe" -n -url tel:+1234567890
camera
"\windows\camera.exe" -i =photo mode
"\windows\camera.exe" -v =video mode
"\windows\camera.exe" -p =contact photo mode
"\windows\camera.exe" -m =mms video mode
"\Windows\HTCAlbum.exe" -mode:camera -type:image
"\Windows\HTCAlbum.exe" -mode:camera -type:video
"\windows\camera.exe" -t =picture theme mode
"\windows\camera.exe" -b =burst mode
"\windows\camera.exe" -g =GPS photo mode
"\windows\camera.exe" -s =Sport mode

You will also have PowerOffWarning.exe (long power press key) (and maybe others) in your windows folder renaming another .exe (such as device lock) and pasting into windows will result in the long press of the power key running that program instead of turning off your device.

To change the icon of the .lnk file.
Useful if you have several mail .lnks and would like to differentiate between, for example, Google and Hotmail. Or if you want to assign icons to .lnks for Mortscripts etc.
Icon sources can be .DLLs or .EXEs, not picture files, such as .PNGs. View the icons within these files using RViewer.

Change the file extension of the .lnk file to .txt, open it, you will see the address for the program, or what ever it is that you have linked to eg "program files\my program.exe" you need to append a "?" followed by the address of the icon you want to use, then ",-" then the number of the icon within the icon file you are using, the default icon is "000".

You will end up with "program files\my program.exe",?example.exe,-000

If you have any suggestions or corrections please post and I'll add them or edit this post.
Wiki'd

Attachments

• folderview.zip
    63.3 KB · Views: 598
  • settings.zip
    36.3 KB · Views: 647
Last edited:

bbobeckyj

Aug 4, 2006
dorset

Well that's a 20+ page thread of mostly questions. I can't easily link to it and say look at x, y or z page for the answer can I?
Also as is obvious by the posts in that thread and many others (my reason for this thread) is that most people don't bother reading the thread for the answer, here I have tried to put them all in the first post not over 258.

Secondly, my intention is to improve this thread by adding other 'noob' questions when I find them or think of them, to the first posts, for example how often do you see- 'how to install a .cab file?'? etc.
Basically add all the answers I keep writing in threads, even my signature was made so I could just say 'click it for what you want' (requests I used to read all the time).
Hopefully that answers your question?

Last edited:

twisted

Mar 20, 2006
Sharjah, UAE
what's the link for the setting page with 3 tabs (personal,system,connections)?
can't find any info for that link.
thanks in advance.

regards,

twisted :D

BoyBawang2

Nov 25, 2008
questions:

1. What parameters in tmail.exe to direct immediately to SMS INBOX?
I tried (tmail.exe -service "SMS" -open "Inbox") But if you happen to you outbox last, it opens outbox instead.

2. What parameters in notes.exe will change the default working directory? For example I want to use another folder named "my notes"

3. I tried MSNOTETAKE and it loads faster than plain notes.exe So what is MSNOTETAKE and MSINBOX? Can you list all the others?

thanks in advance.

Last edited:

bbobeckyj

Aug 4, 2006
dorset
questions:

1. What parameters in tmail.exe to direct immediately to SMS INBOX?
I tried (tmail.exe -service "SMS" -open "Inbox") But if you happen to you outbox last, it opens outbox instead.
If messaging is already open, running the .lnk will just 'show' whatever in/out/box is already open
2. What parameters in notes.exe will change the default working directory? For example I want to use another folder named "my notes"

3. I tried MSNOTETAKE and it loads faster than plain notes.exe So what is MSNOTETAKE Can you list all the others?

thanks in advance.
Sorry, I can't help, I don't use MSNOTETAKE
All these parameters are ones I have found elsewhere and a couple I figured out myself through trial and error, then posted here in one place.

wg5566

Feb 5, 2009
SEA
Thanks a lot for the continuous collections and discoveries of these shortcuts, which could make great enhancemenent of WM unsing experiience.

Two additional requests though, will add up your heavy works, but will make this thread more perfect.

1. Coming from the experience of using Nanling's QuickMenu app, I assume that it is possible to associate those shortcuts for 'settings' with icons from some dll or exe file. Would you please find the way to do that and upgrade all settings shortcuts?

2. Would you please make all of them into a ready-to-use .lnk files and pack them up in a zip file, then attatch it on first post?

Just ignore my requests if you feel they are unreasonable.

Thanks again for your hard works.

Edit:
Found the shortcut for PowerOff (wiz & w/o icon) in this thread.
If rename any .lnk file to Long_Send.lnk and copy it to windows folder, the long-send button (press and hold the green phone button) will be assigned as the represented function of the .lnk file.

Last edited:

bbobeckyj

Aug 4, 2006
dorset
Thanks a lot for the continuous collections and discoveries of these shortcuts, which could make great enhancemenent of WM unsing experiience.

Two additional requests though, will add up your heavy works, but will make this thread more perfect.

1. Coming from the experience of using Nanling's QuickMenu app, I assume that it is possible to associate those shortcuts for 'settings' with icons from some dll or exe file. Would you please find the way to do that and upgrade all settings shortcuts?

2. Would you please make all of them into a ready-to-use .lnk files and pack them up in a zip file, then attatch it on first post?

Just ignore my requests if you feel they are unreasonable.

Thanks again for your hard works.

Edit:
Found the shortcut for PowerOff (wiz & w/o icon) in this thread.
If rename any .lnk file to Long_Send.lnk and copy it to windows folder, the long-send button (press and hold the green phone button) will be assigned as the represented function of the .lnk file.

I don't know any link for the real settings pages, it's been discussed many times on here, if it's truely available someone will have posted it.

I'll get the zip file done soon, with all the universal links, ie no point me posting links to various email names etc.

I don't know if there is a link for power off button, but the long hold actions is 'powerOffWarning.exe' in the windows folder.

I have 4 different ppcs, the long hold functions are different in each one.

wg5566

Feb 5, 2009
SEA
I don't know any link for the real settings pages, it's been discussed many times on here, if it's truely available someone will have posted it.
Sorry but English is not my own language and I did not make it clear. I did not mean icon for the 'settings' folder, what a I meant is associate an icon with each specific setting items.

I'll get the zip file done soon, with all the universal links, ie no point me posting links to various email names etc.

Thanks.

I don't know if there is a link for power off button, but the long hold actions is 'powerOffWarning.exe' in the windows folder.

What I meant is the PowerOff function, not the button, please read this thread, it's 4 pages altogether at yhe moment.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=424235&page=1

[Edit: No need to read through the whole thread, these two posts is enough:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2623981&postcount=7
&
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2633464&postcount=15]

have 4 different ppcs, the long hold functions are different in each one.

Thanks for the comment, I didn't know in the past.

Last edited:

bbobeckyj

Aug 4, 2006
dorset
Sorry, I misread your question about file associations, but anyway, I don't know how to do it.

vijay555's vjFastOff (?) I think it's that name, will completely power off your ppc without having the confirmation dialogue.

wg5566

Feb 5, 2009
SEA
Sorry, I misread your question about file associations, but anyway, I don't know how to do it.

vijay555's vjFastOff (?) I think it's that name, will completely power off your ppc without having the confirmation dialogue.

Shortcut for poweroff:

Ok had a little play with this, i can get the power off dialogue to appear from a shortcut using any one of the following commands and parameters in a .lnk file:

31#"\Windows\PowerOffWarning.exe", "PowerOff"

31#"\Windows\PowerOffWarning.exe" \ExitWindowsEX (EWX_POWEROFF, 0)

31#"\Windows\PowerOffWarning.exe" \ExitWindowsEX (EWX_SHUTDOWN, NULL)

31#"\Windows\PowerOffWarning.exe" \ExitWindowsEX

Not sure if any of this helps you guys out but i've attached an example, maybe some else will know a way to be able to bypass the yes/no prompt.....

For control panel icon, please refer to yhis thread:
Control Panel links and icons wm2003se and higher

But it's not complete,can anybody work out a completed list for this?
Edit: Some of the shortcuts linked on the thread are for PPC2003 only, so we really need a complete list for WM5 & up.

Edit: Some methold & tools can be found in this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=332766

Hi,

Just compiled a long lasting annoyance of Control Panel shortcuts and matching icons (see attachement)

They work ok for wm2003 and higher.

Example:

22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,0,0?shellres.dll,-13905

Note that the second ,0 is the number of the subpage
(Tab) of that settings page. 0 = first, 1 = second etc.

So making a text file called Kill.lnk with the line:
22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,4,2?shellres.dll,-13900
gives you instant access to Running Programs.
Placing this link in \Windows\Start Menu\Programs you can
even put it under a button.

Note: subpages don't work if settingX is redirected in HKLM\ControlPanel\settingX with a "Redirect" value.

Have fun,

Tweakradje

A list of them:

nr function icon (shellres.dll)
-------------------------------------------
0 CPL_Contrast 13905
1 CPL_Password 13942
2 CPL_Owner 13841
3 CPL_Power 13895
4 CPL_Memory 13900
5 CPL_About 13899
6 CPL_Screen 13902 (backlight)
7 CPL_Stylus 13906 (align screen)
8 CPL_SIP 13936
9 CPL_Sounds 13924
10 CPL_Remove 13943
11 CPL_Menus 13937
12 CPL_Button 13944
13 CPL_Today 13952
14 CPL_Offerings 13971 (updates)
15 CPL_Beam 13910
16 CPL_Clock 13840
17 CPL_Network 13888
18 CPL_Regional 13901
19 CPL_Phone 13953 (connections)
20 CPL_AdminPasswd 13954
21 CPL_Bluetooth 13909
22 CPL_Certificates 13941

Extra for WM5:

23 CPL_Watson 13996
24 CPL_GPSID 13997

The shortcuts:

22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,0,0?shellres.dll,-13905
22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,1,0?shellres.dll,-13942
22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,2,0?shellres.dll,-13841
22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,3,0?shellres.dll,-13895
22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,4,0?shellres.dll,-13900
22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,5,0?shellres.dll,-13899
22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,6,0?shellres.dll,-13902
22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,7,0?shellres.dll,-13906
22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,8,0?shellres.dll,-13936
22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,9,0?shellres.dll,-13924
23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,10,0?shellres.dll,-13943
23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,11,0?shellres.dll,-13937
23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,12,0?shellres.dll,-13944
23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,13,0?shellres.dll,-13952
23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,14,0?shellres.dll,-13971
23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,15,0?shellres.dll,-13910
23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,16,0?shellres.dll,-13840
23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,17,0?shellres.dll,-13888
23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,18,0?shellres.dll,-13901
23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,19,0?shellres.dll,-13953
23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,20,0?shellres.dll,-13954
23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,21,0?shellres.dll,-13909
23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,22,0?shellres.dll,-13941

23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,23,0?shellres.dll,-13996
23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,24,0?shellres.dll,-13997

EDIT: added 2 icons/links for WM5

Last edited:

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
I know folks get annoyed when folks post a thanks (like this) in the thread but here goes anyway.

Very much appreciated; be nice to have this stickied.

Cheers,

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Due to the increasing amount of requests bulking up other threads, regarding how to make and use parameters I'm starting this thread with all the info at the begining, and I'll link it in my signature.
    I make no claim to have discovered all of them.
    I hereby present my collection gathered (copy & paste mostly) from this and other sites.

How to create .LNK files and use parameters

HOW TO CREATE SHORTCUTS ON YOUR PPC, NOT ON THE PC AND THEN TRANSFER THEM-

1-Don't use the inbuilt file explorer. use gsfinder, or total commander etc. The inbuilt file explorer can't edit links or show file extensions - if you try to rename something to xxx.LNK, it will really be xxx.lnk.txt (or something)
    2: Using the other file explorer, copy and paste a shortcut to ANY file/exe/.lnk you want.
    3: Tap & hold on this new shortcut, select 'properties'.
    4: in properties, write the address of the program you want the shortcut for. ie- program files\xxx.exe or windows\xxx.exe or ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,5 (the about screen)...
    5: Ok/Close the properties, & rename the link to whatever you want leaving .LNK at the end

THE OTHER METHOD IS-

Again you'll need a different file explorer. Create a .TXT file with the content '#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,1' or '#' followed by the address , such as '#tmail.exe' (for example) then rename the file extension to .LNK In my tests a number before the # is NOT required.

NOTES-

When creating using a .txt file the contents must start with a '#', if creating by editing the properties of an existing .lnk you do not need the '#' There are examples below of both methods, if it has a '#' it's the .txt method, if it is in quotes, it is the address as it would need to be in the properties of the .lnk file

It is NOT possible to open a link to the folder view you get by \start menu\programs unless you have folderview.exe in your windows folder, none of my 4 devices have that so I've not tested it. But you can open to folders with file explorer using, for example- "\program files\greensoftware\gsfinder.exe" windows\start menu\programs\games

There is NO shortcut to quickly dial a number, you would need to go through the 'confirm number page', or use 3rd party soft such as vijay555's
    Edit: Quicker dialing shortcut found and added, still requires you to press 'Talk' after you run the .lnk though
    Available parameters for tmail.exe (depending on the service used) are- "tmail.exe" -new ""

"tmail.exe" -service ""
    "tmail.exe" -to ""
    "tmail.exe" -subject ""
    "tmail.exe" -Body ""
    "tmail.exe" -attach ""
    "tmail.exe" -open "inbox"
    "tmail.exe" -sync
    or combinations of all such as-
    "tmail.exe" -to "N_E_One@gmail.com" -subject "Photos" -Message "Hi, here is the picture" -attach "\my documents\my pictures\1.jpg"

Links for settings:
    Settings>Personal>Password>Password = 20#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,1
    Settings>Personal>Password>Hint = 22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,1,1
    Settings>Personal>Owner Information>Identification = 20#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,2
    Settings>Personal>Owner Information>Notes = 22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,2,1
    Settings>Personal>Owner Information>Options = 22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,2,2
    Settings>System>Power>Main = 20#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,3
    Settings>System>Memory>Main = 20#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,4
    Settings>System>Memory>Storage Card = 22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,4,1
    Settings>System>Memory>Running Programs = 22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,4,2
    Settings>System>About>Version = 20#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,5
    Settings>System>About>Device ID = 22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,5,1
    Settings>System>About>Copyrights = 22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,5,2
    Settings>System>Backlight>Brightness = 20#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,6
    Settings>System>Backlight>Battery power= 20#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,6,1
    Settings>System>Backlight>External power = 20#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,6,2
    Settings>System>Screen>General = 20#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,7
    Settings>System>Screen>Clear Type = 22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,7,1
    Settings>System>Screen>Text Size = 22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,7,2
    Settings>Personal>Input>Input Method = 20#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,8
    Settings>Personal>Input>Word Completion = 22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,8,1
    Settings>Personal>Input>Options = 22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,8,2
    Settings>Personal>Sounds & Notifications>Sounds = 20#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,9
    Settings>Personal>Sounds & Notifications>Notifications = 22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,9,1
    Settings>System>Remove Programs = 21#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,10
    Settings>Personal>Menus>Start Menu = 21#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,11
    Settings>Personal>Menus>New Menu = 23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,11,1
    Settings>Personal>Buttons>Program Buttons = 21#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,12
    Settings>Personal>Buttons>Up/Down Controls = 23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,12,1
    Settings>Personal>Today>Appearance = 21#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,13
    Settings>Personal>Today>Items = 23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,13,1
    Settings>Connections>Beam = 21#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,15
    Settings>System>Clock & Alarms>Time = 21#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,16
    Settings>System>Clock & Alarms>Alarms = 23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,16,2
    Settings>Connections>Network Cards = 21#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,17
    Settings>System>Regional Settings>Region = 21#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,18
    Settings>System>Regional Settings>Number = 23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,18,1
    Settings>System>Regional Settings>Currency = 23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,18,2
    Settings>System>Regional Settings>Time = 23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,18,3
    Settings>System>Regional Settings>Date = 23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,18,4
    Settings>Connections>Connections>Task = 21#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,19
    Settings>Connections>Connection>Advanced = 23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,19,1
    Settings>Personal>Phone>Phone = 21#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,20
    Settings>Personal>Phone>Services = 23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,20,1
    Settings>Personal>Phone>Network = 23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,20,2
    Settings>Personal>Phone>More = 23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,20,3
    Settings>System>Certificates>Personal = 21#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,22
    Settings>System>Certificates>Root = 23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,22,1
    Settings>Connections>Bluetooth>Mode = 21#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,23
    Settings>Connections>Bluetooth>Devices = 23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,23,1
    Calendar agenda view 21#:MSCALENDAR -va?outres.dll,-100002
    Calendar day view 21#:MSCALENDAR -vd?outres.dll,-100002
    Calendar month view 21#:MSCALENDAR -vm?outres.dll,-100002
    Calendar week view 21#:MSCALENDAR -vw?outres.dll,-100002
    Calendar year view 21#:MSCALENDAR -vy?outres.dll,-100002
    Calendar must be already running in the background for these to work
    New Task: "poutlook.exe" tasks -new
    New Note: "notes.exe" -n
    New Contact: "poutlook.exe" contacts -new
    New Appointment: "poutlook.exe" calendar -new
    To Dial a number: "\windows\cprog.exe" -n -url tel:+1234567890
    camera
    "\windows\camera.exe" -i =photo mode
    "\windows\camera.exe" -v =video mode
    "\windows\camera.exe" -p =contact photo mode
    "\windows\camera.exe" -m =mms video mode
    "\Windows\HTCAlbum.exe" -mode:camera -type:image
    "\Windows\HTCAlbum.exe" -mode:camera -type:video
    "\windows\camera.exe" -t =picture theme mode
    "\windows\camera.exe" -b =burst mode
    "\windows\camera.exe" -g =GPS photo mode
    "\windows\camera.exe" -s =Sport mode

You will also have PowerOffWarning.exe (long power press key) (and maybe others) in your windows folder renaming another .exe (such as device lock) and pasting into windows will result in the long press of the power key running that program instead of turning off your device.

To change the icon of the .lnk file.
    Useful if you have several mail .lnks and would like to differentiate between, for example, Google and Hotmail. Or if you want to assign icons to .lnks for Mortscripts etc.
    Icon sources can be .DLLs or .EXEs, not picture files, such as .PNGs. View the icons within these files using RViewer.

Change the file extension of the .lnk file to .txt, open it, you will see the address for the program, or what ever it is that you have linked to eg "program files\my program.exe" you need to append a "?" followed by the address of the icon you want to use, then ",-" then the number of the icon within the icon file you are using, the default icon is "000".

You will end up with "program files\my program.exe",?example.exe,-000

If you have any suggestions or corrections please post and I'll add them or edit this post.
    Wiki'd