[Q] Hard bricked xperia play

Search This thread

Bakisha

May 4, 2011
Hi,
btw thanks for all your help :good:
I actually find something in the device manager its called "ZEUS flash device".
Nice now when I press the search button it installs the ZEUS drivers.
Ill screenshot it.
Flashtool still cant find anything.

If you installed drivers from flashtool folder: uninstall that "zeus flash device", uninstall flashtool, download and install latest version of flashtool and then install drivers from flashtool folder

Or

Uninstall "zeus flash device", download latest PC companion, (uninstall previous version if you have) install and try with PC companion

Try with all usb ports

You could also try to uninstall other drivers (if any), for fastboot mode, and for normal mode

07boss

Dec 28, 2010
If you installed drivers from flashtool folder: uninstall that "zeus flash device", uninstall flashtool, download and install latest version of flashtool and then install drivers from flashtool folder

Or

Uninstall "zeus flash device", download latest PC companion, (uninstall previous version if you have) install and try with PC companion

Try with all usb ports

You could also try to uninstall other drivers (if any), for fastboot mode, and for normal mode

I tried all you said mutliple times with all my usb ports still doesnt work and this "zeus flash device" appeared in my device manager again.

Bakisha

May 4, 2011
I tried all you said mutliple times with all my usb ports still doesnt work and this "zeus flash device" appeared in my device manager again.

I am out of ideas, but i still believe it's drivers problem (when in flash mode, my pc report "semc flash device", not "zeus flash device")

Try to manually update driver fromSony's site

Can you try at some other PC/laptop?

07boss

Dec 28, 2010
So now i connected it with another pc and it shows me this in the device manager:
So do you know what to do about this QHSUSB_DLOAD thing?

Bakisha

May 4, 2011
So now i connected it with another pc and it shows me this in the device manager:
So do you know what to do about this QHSUSB_DLOAD thing?

Damaged bootloader. I can't help you with that, but that guy from post #9 can

You should contact him or look in forum for other ppl who can (or maybe it can be done in Sony's repair center)

In conclusion: your laptop have drivers issues, your phone is soft-bricked, but not dead.

For future reference, proper steps for flashing firmwares/roms (as long as you are on locked bootloader)

-install ftf (firmware) with flashtool
-boot into rom
-root it
-install cwm recovery
-reboot to recovery
-install rom (that are marked "for locked bootloader")

Reactions: 07boss

07boss

Dec 28, 2010
Damaged bootloader. I can't help you with that, but that guy from post #9 can

You should contact him or look in forum for other ppl who can (or maybe it can be done in Sony's repair center)

In conclusion: your laptop have drivers issues, your phone is soft-bricked, but not dead.

For future reference, proper steps for flashing firmwares/roms (as long as you are on locked bootloader)

-install ftf (firmware) with flashtool
-boot into rom
-root it
-install cwm recovery
-reboot to recovery
-install rom (that are marked "for locked bootloader")
Alright thank you very much for helping me

is it same for fastboot mode ? (power off, hold search and plug in usb)

Try other usb port, or maybe different cable

reinstall drivers from flashtool folders

right-click on "my computer" , click "manage", click "device manager". Is there any item with yelow mark, someting called "adb" or "semcusb"?

What is your model? i,a,at or x? locked or unlocked bootloader?

Wich stock firmware did you tried to flash previously? .79?
Idk if you'll ever read this, but saved my ass. My Xperia Play was switching to flash mode but my PC wasn't recognizing it. Just tried another port and it worked. Thanks a lot!

Reactions: Bakisha

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    it doesnt say anything, like my phone was never connected...

is it same for fastboot mode ? (power off, hold search and plug in usb)

Try other usb port, or maybe different cable

reinstall drivers from flashtool folders

right-click on "my computer" , click "manage", click "device manager". Is there any item with yelow mark, someting called "adb" or "semcusb"?

What is your model? i,a,at or x? locked or unlocked bootloader?

Wich stock firmware did you tried to flash previously? .79?
    Hello,
    I have accidently hard bricked my xperia play.
    After i soft bricked it due to flashing a wrong rom i managed to fix it again but then the phone couldnt detect my sdcard.
    So i tried to install a new rom again what then failed badly.
    I tried to flash it with flashtools but it failed because i forgot to activate debugging so i just plugged my phone out and tried to start it but it somehow didnt work....
    Now my computer only does a sound when i plug it in and flashtool nor my computer can detect my phone.
    There neither is a led blinkin..
    Is there anything i can do?

Can you enter flashmode? (back key while connecting to pc) or fastboot by holding search button while connecting to pc

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app
    Did you flashed wrong rom (from recovery) or wrong firmware (from flashtool) ?
    well i first flashed the wrong rom and had a soft brick
    after that, i fixed it by flashing the stock rom
    then, i again tried to flash a firmware with flashtools because my phone couldnt detect the sd-card and cwm somehow didnt work anymore.
    while trying to flash the firmware i had to unplug my phone while flashing because i didnt activate debuggin, the flashing had already started tho.

Start flashtool.
    Power off phone
    press and hold back button.
    While still keeping pressed back button, plugin usb to phone

What is report from flashtool?
    So is there anything I can do?

Try PC Companion.
    Or try to enter in flash mode from different computer

Basicly, all you need is to enter flash mode and flash stock ftf with flashtool.
    Why you can't enter flash mode, i am unable to understand...