[Q] No Connection in Google Play with already deleted hosts file

Search This thread

Scouteezy

Mar 29, 2014
When I first bought my sprint Samsung galaxy s4 model SPHL720 from best buy (the Best Buy Blue Exclusive) the google play store worked for bout twenty minutes, then I kept receiving no connection screen at startup though I had 3g/4g/ wifi... this also happened to my wife's identical phone bought at the same time. I decided to root it and after watching some youtube videos deleted hosts file after getting that advice. seeing that it came back I deleted it again....I later realized that I deleted it off of both phones. I then found videos saying to modify the hosts file, which I can't do now that it was deleted. Can anyone with the same phone give me a link to get it again or find some other way to get google play to work. THANKS!

max229

Jan 6, 2014
If you download adaway (you can search Google for it or get it through the app F-Droid) it has a function to restore your hosts file. Great app to have also.

Sent via mobile

Reactions: Scouteezy

Scouteezy

Mar 29, 2014
you rock for getting my hosts file back...but...

If you download adaway (you can search Google for it or get it through the app F-Droid) it has a function to restore your hosts file. Great app to have also.

Sent via mobile

I've cut and pasted just about every ip address I could find with no success to get the Google play store to go past that no connection screen, any more advice?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent via mobile