[Q] new to xperia z1 rooting

Search This thread

cainwireshark

Mar 24, 2014
hi first of all am a noob when it comes it comes to rooting the xperia z1. The current android version am using is kitkat 14.3.A.0.681 and am using C6903 and i have seen posts on how to root it in this forum my issue is am a bit confused especially with stuff like unlock bootloader relock bootloader, CMW , downgrading etc i would really appreciate it if anybody could explain to me in detail how to root it especially direct rooting if theres any available or the procedure which requires downgrading

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-07-16-45-23.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-07-16-45-23.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 389
  • Screenshot_2014-04-07-16-46-12.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-07-16-46-12.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 428
  • Screenshot_2014-04-07-16-46-42.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-07-16-46-42.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 373

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
No direct rooting.

You can however read some threads and follow this advice

1) Downgrade to a FTF ending in .534 (Find it in the mega collection thread, the OP there has all the instructions needed)

2) Install dual recovery (Find it in the cross device development thread, the OP there has all the instructions needed)

3) Flash SuperSU.zip from chainfire (Google supersu chainfire)

4) Flash a 4.4.2 ROM of your choice. (Find them in the development section, the OP there has all the instructions needed)

4 easy steps to get root. No need to back up TA, no need to unlock the bootloader.

Last edited:

cainwireshark

Mar 24, 2014
thanks

No direct rooting.

1) Downgrade to a FTF ending in .534 (Find it in the mega collection thread, the OP there has all the instructions needed)

2) Install dual recovery (Find it in the cross device development thread, the OP there has all the instructions needed)

4) Flash a 4.4.2 ROM of your choice. (Find them in the development section, the OP there has all the instructions needed)

4 easy steps to get root. No need to back up TA, no need to unlock the bootloader.

ok thank you downloading files will give feedback about progress

cainwireshark

Mar 24, 2014
stuck at this point

No direct rooting.

ok i have downloaded all files but am still confused even after visiting those forums how do you
2) Install dual recovery (Find it in the cross device development thread, the OP there has all the instructions needed) really didnt get this :/ especially on how to install forum showed installation via windows and linux but how does it relate or how to custom recovery like this on phone plus can i decide to use CWM ?

3) Flash SuperSU.zip from chainfire (Google supersu chainfire) because i saw this on the playstore do i need to flash or install on phone and if flash how to flash apk to phone ?
sorry for noobish questions

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
ok i have downloaded all files but am still confused even after visiting those forums how do you
2) Install dual recovery (Find it in the cross device development thread, the OP there has all the instructions needed) really didnt get this :/ especially on how to install forum showed installation via windows and linux but how does it relate or how to custom recovery like this on phone plus can i decide to use CWM ?
download it and run it. Yes you can choose to use CMW, Philz (Based on CMW) or TWRP. It will install all 3 recoveries onto your phone
3) Flash SuperSU.zip from chainfire (Google supersu chainfire) because i saw this on the playstore do i need to flash or install on phone and if flash how to flash apk to phone ?
sorry for noobish questions
No, download the .zip from chainfires website and flash it in recovery once you have installed it

Top Liked Posts