[Q] In need of some help

Search This thread

vBIGLEWISv

Jan 5, 2014
Ok, so here is the deal.

I have the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 with U.S Cellular (SCH-R960) and I have run into some problems. What I did was try to root. Flashed CWM Recovery in Odin and when I tried to boot back up again, I was stuck in bootloop. So I tried to revert back to stock by flashing the stock firmware for my phone in Odin, the problem is, everytime I try and do that, I get this:

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I9200XXUCNC2_I9200OLBCNC1_I9200XXUCNC2_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/003> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/003>
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Also, on the phone screen it says

SECURE CHECK FAIL: sbl1

I can boot into recovery and also into download mode. Although if I try to just boot the phone normal it just stays on the Samsung Galaxy Mega logo screen. I have tried sideloading a .zip and that also fails.

Does anyone have any idea of how to fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

yusopa

May 25, 2009
Deleted cause by my noob. Sorry

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

vBIGLEWISv

Jan 5, 2014
Why you dont try go to galaxy mega thread to get help. I think you face something big what we call knox problem. You cant root your device before you know your device surely. Samsung provide new bootloader with knox right now.

Thought this was the Mega forum? And yes I know about knox I bricked an S3 because of it but I didn't think it was added until 4.3?

jk0l

Oct 30, 2010
San Jose, CA
the firmware you are trying to flash (which is i9200) is not for your us cellular version of mega (which is r960).
find the correct one then proceed.

Reactions: yusopa

vBIGLEWISv

Jan 5, 2014
Why you dont try go to galaxy mega thread to get help. I think you face something big what we call knox problem. You cant root your device before you know your device surely. Samsung provide new bootloader with knox right now.

the firmware you are trying to flash (which is i9200) is not for your us cellular version of mega (which is r960).

I'm not using it as a phone anymore, just kinda as a tablet. So does it matter that it isnt the r960 firmware?

Carnage

Dec 21, 2013
Sarawak
Ok, so here is the deal.

I have the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 with U.S Cellular (SCH-R960) and I have run into some problems. What I did was try to root. Flashed CWM Recovery in Odin and when I tried to boot back up again, I was stuck in bootloop. So I tried to revert back to stock by flashing the stock firmware for my phone in Odin, the problem is, everytime I try and do that, I get this:

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I9200XXUCNC2_I9200OLBCNC1_I9200XXUCNC2_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/003> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/003>
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Also, on the phone screen it says

SECURE CHECK FAIL: sbl1

I can boot into recovery and also into download mode. Although if I try to just boot the phone normal it just stays on the Samsung Galaxy Mega logo screen. I have tried sideloading a .zip and that also fails.

Does anyone have any idea of how to fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try with samsung kies to revert back to stock..See it helps or not.

Carnage

Dec 21, 2013
Sarawak
Kies doesn't work either. It wont connect and when I try manually it wont accept my S/N. I'm stuck here I'm not sure what to do.

Are you really cannot boot into download mode?..vol down+power button..try power on the device,remove the battery,put it back again,and quickly press the download mode combination keys (vol down+power button) see it boots to download mode or not..if its boot, grab your latest firmware and flash it via odin. About the kies,try to uninstall and download the latest version of kies solve it..

EDIT:I have search your firmware and don't find any link.you have to wait until the firmware for your specific model number released by Samsung.

Last edited:

vBIGLEWISv

Jan 5, 2014

jk0l

Oct 30, 2010
San Jose, CA
well then, thats unfortunate. im sorry.
so its certain that theres no way for you to go back to stock.

edit:
actually, try to wipe data and cache in recovery then reboot.
if it still bootloops, then I recommend you patiently wait until the stock firmware for your phone is released.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.