AOKP+Nameless+Asylum_Omni

Search This thread

shure2

Jun 24, 2008
Asylum-omni!

That reminds me of my Note 1 days. Deff getting this now.... Is there an asylum thread about?

uppon2

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 27, 2010
I will give it a shot now

Edit* This appears to be the same as the one I linked in the OP but a newer build from Dirk. I am assuming this has now gone in to an official status as I can find it on the AOKP site. OP has been updated with the official site being the link :) - Thank you for pointing it out as it has now made me realise it was official! - I remember seeing a post from Dirk on Google+ about it being supported but I had forgotten to keep an eye out on the actual AOKP site.

Also added official CM nightlies to OP

Last edited:
Reactions: Rangali

uppon2

Oct 27, 2010
Do any of this work with the Find7 (not 7a)?

I'm not sure. You could make a nand backup then try if you want. I think as soon as there is an AOSP rom built for the find 7 QHD you could use the kernel from that and put it in roms built for find 7a and everything should be fine. Until then it might not function at 100 percent.

TheSmokingAndroid

Apr 2, 2010
Victoria
Thanks for posting the links dude!

So the AOKP nightly for the FInd 7, that's for the "Find 7" not the 7a? And is it for the 9077? AOKP doesn't specify the device model

Cheers

Reactions: uppon2

uppon2

Oct 27, 2010

So the AOKP nightly for the FInd 7, that's for the "Find 7" not the 7a? And is it for the 9077? AOKP doesn't specify the device model

Cheers

Well Dirk Rettschlag has mentioned it here as the Find 7 but I have used the version displayed in the screenshot from his G+ plus the release on the official AOKP site which also lists it as Find 7 on my Find 7a and it works perfectly. Do a nand backup and have a shot at testing it?

JRW 28

Aug 19, 2011
FL
What issues are you facing?

SuperSU kept force closing and was non responsive at all both times I installed the ROM on clean installs. Could get no root features or root apps to work?
I've seen this before as SuperSU needed the binaries updated but I could get no progress with it??

uppon2

Oct 27, 2010
SuperSU kept force closing and was non responsive at all both times I installed the ROM on clean installs. Could get no root features or root apps to work?
I've seen this before as SuperSU needed the binaries updated but I could get no progress with it??

Try downloading superuser by clockwork and busybox by Stephen and use those and see how that plays out

Last edited:
Reactions: JRW 28

uppon2

Oct 27, 2010
Didn't even think about that. Thanks. Running C-Rom right now as I liked it on my S4. Just getting used to this phone. A big upgrade from the S4!

I liked C-Rom but it gave me issues installing it. Every time I tried to run it it would not pass the boot animation; after 10 minutes of it sitting there the same thing would happen on reboot. The only way I got it to work was by dirty flashing over the top of itself. After installing all of my apps i went to reboot and upon pressing and holding the power button it forced a hot reboot that would not pass the boot animation. I gave up after trying this a few times. I didn't report this to the dev as he has lots of stuff going on.

JRW 28

Aug 19, 2011
FL
I liked C-Rom but it gave me issues installing it. Every time I tried to run it it would not pass the boot animation; after 10 minutes of it sitting there the same thing would happen on reboot. The only way I got it to work was by dirty flashing over the top of itself. After installing all of my apps i went to reboot and upon pressing and holding the power button it forced a hot reboot that would not pass the boot animation. I gave up after trying this a few times. I didn't report this to the dev as he has lots of stuff going on.

Had similar issues first time I tried booting C-Rom. When I seen Nameless on the Oppo forums their instructions added wipe system after full wipe an it seems to be working good like that. I now factory reset, then wipe system, dalvik and cache under advanced and it seems to be working fine like that

uppon2

Oct 27, 2010
Had similar issues first time I tried booting C-Rom. When I seen Nameless on the Oppo forums their instructions added wipe system after full wipe an it seems to be working good like that. I now factory reset, then wipe system, dalvik and cache under advanced and it seems to be working fine like that

I have always formatted system. Most roms will have it in the script but I have always done it manually

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have tested these roms on my find 7a and they work great. I'm not sure of these will work with find 7 so please do a nand backup and report back in the thread if it works. Credits to the devs for these releases.

Asylum_Omni
    AOKP Official Nightlies
    NamelessROM Nightlies
    I will give it a shot now

Edit* This appears to be the same as the one I linked in the OP but a newer build from Dirk. I am assuming this has now gone in to an official status as I can find it on the AOKP site. OP has been updated with the official site being the link :) - Thank you for pointing it out as it has now made me realise it was official! - I remember seeing a post from Dirk on Google+ about it being supported but I had forgotten to keep an eye out on the actual AOKP site.

Also added official CM nightlies to OP

Cheers

Try downloading superuser by clockwork and busybox by Stephen and use those and see how that plays out
    Seems like all the nightlies based on CM have a similar issue with trying to wake up the screen and only getting black (phone still fully functional though) and nothing more. So far no feedback found on this, so proceed with the nightlies with caution (as you always should).