Mediapad X1 dpi is way to big!

Search This thread

omniphil

Feb 27, 2008
I don't see a dpi setting in build.prop, but it looks like its set to 400 dpi instead of the normal 320. The icons are huge...

Anyone able to fix that?

bark1234

Sep 11, 2010
Huawei MediaPad X2
Xiaomi Mi 8
Solved.

I don't see a dpi setting in build.prop, but it looks like its set to 400 dpi instead of the normal 320. The icons are huge...

Anyone able to fix that?

1)Root
2)Install busybox
3) install terminal and enter commands
> su
> mount -o rw,remount /system
> chattr -R -i /system
4) Delete or rename / system / set_immutable.list [set_immutable.list.old]
5) added/change to build.prop " qemu.sf.lcd_density=320 " and " ro.sf.lcd_density=320 "

Reactions: 3mdelgado

omniphil

Feb 27, 2008
Thanks!

With the DPI set to 320 it seems like it ends up breaking alot of other things unfortunately. I guess I'll just stick to 400 :(
Swiftkey Keyboard for example gets all goofy for some reason. Which is odd because it worked fine at 320DPI on 4.2.2. So there must be something else besides just changing the DPI to make things work correctly.

Very strange that they choose 400 DPI...

1)Root
2)Install busybox
> su
> chattr -R -i /system
5) added/change to build.prop " qemu.sf.lcd_density=320 " and " ro.sf.lcd_density=320 "

Last edited:

realeze

Feb 19, 2008
Thanks!

With the DPI set to 320 it seems like it ends up breaking alot of other things unfortunately. I guess I'll just stick to 400 :(
Swiftkey Keyboard for example gets all goofy for some reason. Which is odd because it worked fine at 320DPI on 4.2.2. So there must be something else besides just changing the DPI to make things work correctly.

Very strange that they choose 400 DPI...
Haven't rooted yet but will as soon as I find some time.
In meantime, have you tried xposed framework? Wonder if that works... Per App module would do wonders I think...

bark1234

Sep 11, 2010
Huawei MediaPad X2
Xiaomi Mi 8
i am using d[i of 240. i like display this fine. Also everything seems to work fine at 240, except icons screwed a bit. i use "hacker's keyboard". its working fine.

i tried dpi of 250, 280 etc. things were broken when i used it.

Sent from my X1 7.0 using XDA Free mobile app

omniphil

Feb 27, 2008
i am using d[i of 240. i like display this fine. Also everything seems to work fine at 240, except icons screwed a bit. i use "hacker's keyboard". its working fine.

i tried dpi of 250, 280 etc. things were broken when i used it.

I noticed the weird skewed icons too when I tried 320dpi.
Ya know, I hadn't even thought about Xposed Framework, i'm gonna install that and see how that works...

Really wish we had a custom recovery, Normally I'd take a full backup before messing with stuff, just makes me a little nervous...

omniphil

Feb 27, 2008
Xposed Framework didn't seem to work.. I can install it fine and I even did this....

"With a proper build.prop editor:
Find this line: ro.config.hwtheme=1 (or 2, it depends on your device)
Change to: ro.config.hwtheme=0
This will disable Huawei Theme Engine
WITH THIS YOU DON'T NEED TO DISABLE RESOURCE HOOKS"

But it still doesn't activate, i'm guessing because writing to the /System is being blocked by Huawei.

There's also a warning message about using Xposed with Huawei roms as Huawei uses a theme engine too.

So I don't know.. If I had a way to make a snapshot backup i'd go a little deeper. But it seem troublesome...

bark1234

Sep 11, 2010
Huawei MediaPad X2
Xiaomi Mi 8
forgot to mention, i tried xposed also. some modules are working. but app-setting, wanam exposed are not working.

i made system writable by removing immutable-list and those remount rw command.

double tap statusbar to lock is working for example.

loJaume

Jul 31, 2007
I have Huawei Mediapad X1, with KitKat 4.4.2, last version B010, and rooted.

I've checked with AnTuTu Benchmark that tablet is 400 dpi, but, ...all seems to run correctly. :confused:
Icons are normal, text sizes are normal, and all the apps I use seem to run normal.

What are exactly the problems using 400 dpi instead of standard 320 dpi?

realeze

Feb 19, 2008
I have Huawei Mediapad X1, with KitKat 4.4.2, last version B010, and rooted.

I've checked with AnTuTu Benchmark that tablet is 400 dpi, but, ...all seems to run correctly. :confused:
Icons are normal, text sizes are normal, and all the apps I use seem to run normal.

What are exactly the problems using 400 dpi instead of standard 320 dpi?

Many apps, including Google+ and Now Launcher, will not install or run.
Also, many text and other graphical elements, such as the included keyboards, are humorously large on the screen.

At 320, the device felt like a phablet. At 400, the device feels like a overly large phone.

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk

loJaume

Jul 31, 2007
Many apps, including Google+ and Now Launcher, will not install or run.
Also, many text and other graphical elements, such as the included keyboards, are humorously large on the screen.

At 320, the device felt like a phablet. At 400, the device feels like a overly large phone.

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk

Yes, it's what I suppose,

anyway, I've installed the X1 as a carputer, and I am running Chrome, Poweramp, MusicXMatch, Sygic, Google Apps, etc, etc, etc.without problems.
The included keyboards also have normal size.

It's very strange, because AnTuTu says my tablet is 400 dpi, but all seems normal.

Well, I suppose i'm lucky

realeze

Feb 19, 2008
Yes, it's what I suppose,

anyway, I've installed the X1 as a carputer, and I am running Chrome, Poweramp, MusicXMatch, Sygic, Google Apps, etc, etc, etc.without problems.
The included keyboards also have normal size.

It's very strange, because AnTuTu says my tablet is 400 dpi, but all seems normal.

Well, I suppose i'm lucky
Can you share pics and details of your carputer installation? I am thinking of ways to do the same...

loJaume

Jul 31, 2007
Can you share pics and details of your carputer installation? I am thinking of ways to do the same...

Yes.
You can find some images in this Thread
You can see the tablet is well integrated with car. I used Huawei Mediapad X1 because I had some size limitations, and this one is the smallest 7" tablet I've found.

I used CarHome Ultra as frontend, and some apps for multimedia (Poweramp, MusicXmatch, Google Play Music), GPS car navigation (Sygic, Google Navigation), OBD2 (DashCommand), etc, etc, etc.
I connected tablet headset output to my car audio AUX input.

The tablet puts automatically on/off when I start engine. I used "Actions" app to automatize WakeUp/Sleep depending on charging state. Tasker app is more powerful, but It was impossible to install.

It's very important to charge the tablet with a 5V-4A regulator like this one in DX. It's important to charge battery quickly!
Also, I used an app -don't remember the name- to put tablet in lowest consumption to minimize battery drain when is sleeping.

Well, if you do the same, show us the project, ...and luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: realeze

CaveCreeker

Sep 29, 2008
Back to 4.2.2

No kidding, that 400 dpi in 4.4.2 is WAY to large. Thought I could live with it, but can't. It's perfect in 4.2.2, so back I went!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Solved.

Anyone able to fix that?

1)Root
    2)Install busybox
    > su
    > chattr -R -i /system

Yes.
    You can find some images in this Thread
    You can see the tablet is well integrated with car. I used Huawei Mediapad X1 because I had some size limitations, and this one is the smallest 7" tablet I've found.

I used CarHome Ultra as frontend, and some apps for multimedia (Poweramp, MusicXmatch, Google Play Music), GPS car navigation (Sygic, Google Navigation), OBD2 (DashCommand), etc, etc, etc.
    I connected tablet headset output to my car audio AUX input.

The tablet puts automatically on/off when I start engine. I used "Actions" app to automatize WakeUp/Sleep depending on charging state. Tasker app is more powerful, but It was impossible to install.

It's very important to charge the tablet with a 5V-4A regulator like this one in DX. It's important to charge battery quickly!
    Also, I used an app -don't remember the name- to put tablet in lowest consumption to minimize battery drain when is sleeping.

Well, if you do the same, show us the project, ...and luck!