Root 4.4.2 on GT-N7100 <All builds>

Search This thread

F@HIM

Jan 16, 2014
Mumbai
Guys I tried rooting with the method ment at the first page but still em not able to gain root access only the supersu runs but none of the root apps r working....I even tried cf root but no success....plsss help me and reply .....????

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Ashish Gaur

Feb 23, 2014
Perfect and easy thread to follow !!

Update: If you want root access only and don't want to have a custom recovery, Good news now you can do that without tripping knox :D
See this thread here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52547929

The official 4.4.2 for our Note 2 has just started rolling out and many of us want to root it too.
So here is a simple guide I have made to root official 4.4.2

This guide works on all builds of 4.4.2 so do not worry about the compatibility issue.

Moreover there is no method to root without tripping the Knox warranty Void on ML4 and later firmwares.
So keep in mind this will trip your Knox Flag

What you will need:

1. Odin 3.09
2. Philz recovery 6.26.6 (.tar.md5 required) from http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/n7100//philz_touch_6.26.6-n7100.tar.md5
3. Update SuperSu v2 from here http://download.chainfire.eu/450/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.00.zip

Procedure
1.Download and open Odin v3.09
2.Load your downloaded recovery onto the PDA/AP button on Odin
3.Make sure you dont mess with anything else on Odin.
4.Now click Start and your recovery will be flashed in under 10 seconds.
Now boot into recovery and flash the update superSu v1.94 zip.
5. Now you can reboot your phone.

Done.Your device is rooted now.

Important : If you aren't able to flash custom recovery correctly, then untick Auto Reboot on Odin.
Now flash recovery. And now boot the phone into recovery mode directly.
This should work 99.99 percent.

This generally happens on NA1 and later firmwares because the custom recovery gets overwritten by stock recovery at every boot.

DO NOT RESTART YOUR PHONE AFTER FLASHING THE RECOVERY. BOOT TO RECOVERY FROM DOWNLOAD MODE ITSELF.
[/SIZE="5"]

Here is a small picture guide which will make the instructions more clear. Thanks to @singhpratik87 for the picture.
tapatalk_1401268729384.png

If you can't see the above image then find it here.
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52975852&postcount=168

Problems & Fixes:

Fix No.1
If you keep getting SuperSu has stopped notifications constantly then follow these steps to fix
Uninstall SuperSu from inside the SuperSU app where it says Reinstall from playstore. (Dont worry you wont lose root access)
Now download SuperSu again from playstore
Doing this installs SuperSu on /data/app partition where it wont get stopped by knox.

Fix No.2

If Fix no.1 doesnt work for you then try this out.
Download Terminal Emulator from the playstore.
Open it and type this code:

Code:
su
pm disable com.sec.knox.seandroid

This will disable the Knox apps which prevent SuperSu from running.

Fix No. 3

If none of the above things work to disable Knox. Then try this.
Through any Root Explorer go to
/system / app &
/ system / priv-app and delete all the apks having the word Knox in it. Also delete their corresponding odex files.
This should work 100%. But doing this modifies your system partition and you may lose OTA functionality temporarily.

CREDITS:

@Chainfire for the SuperSU zip
@Phil3759 for the recovery.

Mr. Somaiya,

A Big thanks for such a neat and clean thread to gain access to rooting:good:. Everything works smooth ! Hope to see such wonderfull and easy thdread from you in near future !!

God bless you.

Thanks !!:eek:

Ashish Gaur

Feb 23, 2014
Its About Rom's and Xposed Modules

Hi Mr. Somaiya,

I loved the way you explained in your thread about rooting. I have few queries regarding Rom's and Xposed Framework Modules !!!

I Use Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 4.4.2 ( Rooted and Also Installed Xposed Framework 2.6 Version )

Q. What are the best Rom's available and from where to get them easily ? Also any Rom which help to get the Note 3 and Galaxy 5 all features including the UI ?

Q. From where to get these Modules and what are the best in your opinion for Note 2

Hope to hear again from you and have a nice a weekend....Cheers !!!!:)

smeet.somaiya

Jan 24, 2014
Mumbai
Guys I tried rooting with the method ment at the first page but still em not able to gain root access only the supersu runs but none of the root apps r working....I even tried cf root but no success....plsss help me and reply .....????

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
What exactly is your problem? Did you try the Fixes I Hebrew mentioned?

shan_pei

Apr 16, 2014
need help

i have updated my note 2 to N7100xxufng4 and i loss the root. i have tried to reflash philz touch but it keeps getting override by the stock recovery.Is there anyway to reroot it?Unticking autoreboot also dont work.yeah you can get into the recovery for the first time but you cant after that.

KNIGHT97

Jan 30, 2014
Mumbai
i have updated my note 2 to N7100xxufng4 and i loss the root. i have tried to reflash philz touch but it keeps getting override by the stock recovery.Is there anyway to reroot it?Unticking autoreboot also dont work.yeah you can get into the recovery for the first time but you cant after that.
If you untick auto reboot are you able to boot into PhilZ recovery? Even once?

Sent from my RPG with auto targeting

smeet.somaiya

Jan 24, 2014
Mumbai
Using any root xplorer search for the file recoveryfromboot.p in /system directory
Delete that file and then flash philz again and then check if it gets overwritten by stock recovery or philz sticks for always.

Reactions: KNIGHT97

kkapoorr

Jul 12, 2012
Gurgaon
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Hey man, I'm on the latest for Indian phones 4.4 and want to root my phone again. So I had a question:
If I root using your method, how easy is it to unroot? Can I unroot and make the system show 'Normal'? Will the Knox flag being 1 prevent it showing normal?
I ask this because if I root will flash Philz and trip Knox and flash a custom rom. Then If I sell it in a few months I don't want my potential buyer to see in settings that it's modified.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

smeet.somaiya

Jan 24, 2014
Mumbai
Hey man, I'm on the latest for Indian phones 4.4 and want to root my phone again. So I had a question:
If I root using your method, how easy is it to unroot? Can I unroot and make the system show 'Normal'? Will the Knox flag being 1 prevent it showing normal?
I ask this because if I root will flash Philz and trip Knox and flash a custom rom. Then If I sell it in a few months I don't want my potential buyer to see in settings that it's modified.

Knox will be tripped even with other root methods i.e cf autoroot.
Your system status will be official if your recovery is stock. So you can flash back full stock rom whenever u want to sell it and system status will become official. But knox once tripped will remain 1 even after flashing stock rom back

Reactions: kkapoorr

kkapoorr

Jul 12, 2012
Gurgaon
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Thanks man.
Any buyer these days is not smart enough to check the download mode of the phone they want to buy, but the system status saying Modified would've raised a few eyebrows.
I'll root using your method now. ;)

Reactions: smeet.somaiya

Misisiak

Apr 22, 2008
2. Philz recovery 6.26.6 (.tar.md5 required) from http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_A...-n7100.tar.md5 -------> MD5 error! Binary is invalid. :eek: :eek: :eek:

What am I doing wrong ? ....

I tried flash CF-Auto-Root [File name: CF-Auto-Root-t03g-t03gxx-gtn7100.zip] but result is ---- Super SU has stopped.....repeatly

I tried unchecked Auto Reboot in ODIN ...unsuccessfully

My device is not rooted properly (Root Checker)

GT-N7100 with 4.4.2

Pls help

KNIGHT97

Jan 30, 2014
Mumbai
2. Philz recovery 6.26.6 (.tar.md5 required) from http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_A...-n7100.tar.md5 -------> MD5 error! Binary is invalid. :eek: :eek: :eek:

What am I doing wrong ? ....

I tried flash CF-Auto-Root [File name: CF-Auto-Root-t03g-t03gxx-gtn7100.zip] but result is ---- Super SU has stopped.....repeatly

I tried unchecked Auto Reboot in ODIN ...unsuccessfully

My device is not rooted properly (Root Checker)

GT-N7100 with 4.4.2

Pls help
Get a newer PhilZ recovery. 6.48 works good.

Sent from my RPG with auto targeting

CJS548

Feb 23, 2013
If Knox warranty void 1

Does your method works the if my Galaxy Note II already have a Knox Warranty Void 1 on the download mode screen?
I really need your help badly...
Thanks in advance!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update: If you want root access only and don't want to have a custom recovery, Good news now you can do that without tripping knox :D
    See this thread here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52547929

The official 4.4.2 for our Note 2 has just started rolling out and many of us want to root it too.
    So here is a simple guide I have made to root official 4.4.2

This guide works on all builds of 4.4.2 so do not worry about the compatibility issue.

Moreover there is no method to root without tripping the Knox warranty Void on ML4 and later firmwares.
    So keep in mind this will trip your Knox Flag

What you will need:

1. Odin 3.09
    2. Philz recovery 6.26.6 (.tar.md5 required) from http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/n7100//philz_touch_6.26.6-n7100.tar.md5
    3. Update SuperSu v2 from here http://download.chainfire.eu/450/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.00.zip

Procedure
    1.Download and open Odin v3.09
    2.Load your downloaded recovery onto the PDA/AP button on Odin
    3.Make sure you dont mess with anything else on Odin.
    4.Now click Start and your recovery will be flashed in under 10 seconds.
    Now boot into recovery and flash the update superSu v1.94 zip.
    5. Now you can reboot your phone.

Done.Your device is rooted now.

Important : If you aren't able to flash custom recovery correctly, then untick Auto Reboot on Odin.
    Now flash recovery. And now boot the phone into recovery mode directly.
    This should work 99.99 percent.

This generally happens on NA1 and later firmwares because the custom recovery gets overwritten by stock recovery at every boot.

DO NOT RESTART YOUR PHONE AFTER FLASHING THE RECOVERY. BOOT TO RECOVERY FROM DOWNLOAD MODE ITSELF.
    [/SIZE="5"]

Here is a small picture guide which will make the instructions more clear. Thanks to @singhpratik87 for the picture.
    tapatalk_1401268729384.png

If you can't see the above image then find it here.
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52975852&postcount=168

Problems & Fixes:

Fix No.1
    If you keep getting SuperSu has stopped notifications constantly then follow these steps to fix
    Uninstall SuperSu from inside the SuperSU app where it says Reinstall from playstore. (Dont worry you wont lose root access)
    Now download SuperSu again from playstore
    Doing this installs SuperSu on /data/app partition where it wont get stopped by knox.

Fix No.2

If Fix no.1 doesnt work for you then try this out.
    Download Terminal Emulator from the playstore.
    Open it and type this code:

Code:
    su
    pm disable com.sec.knox.seandroid

This will disable the Knox apps which prevent SuperSu from running.

Fix No. 3

If none of the above things work to disable Knox. Then try this.
    Through any Root Explorer go to
    /system / app &
    / system / priv-app and delete all the apks having the word Knox in it. Also delete their corresponding odex files.
    This should work 100%. But doing this modifies your system partition and you may lose OTA functionality temporarily.

CREDITS:

@Chainfire for the SuperSU zip
    @Phil3759 for the recovery.
    I rooted 4.4.2 official via http://autoroot.chainfire.eu/
    It worked fine after updating supersu from play store.
    Any benefits of using one or the other method?
    I rooted 4.4.2 official via http://autoroot.chainfire.eu/
    It worked fine after updating supersu from play store.
    Any benefits of using one or the other method?

Only if you want a custom recovery plus root.
    Custom recovery allows you to flash other ROM'S as well so..

Sent From My New Galaxy S5 GT-N7100
    Done done done done
    thank you sooo much champ

the steps again

put the phone in odin mode (download) : vol down + power + home
    flash philz from recovery when it says res pass

press volume up + Power + Home : the phone will go in philz recovery
    now install the super user app from sd card

Works like a charm

main reason i rooted was to apply the sd fix to write to internal memory

it was a pain
    god knows why kitkat bought this thingy!

thanks anyway
    you are a champ ;)

Don't say thanks press the thanks button ;)

Sent from my Galaxy S5 GT-N7100
    Thx for the info, does it work with last TWRP ?

There are chances of a soft brick due to TWRP. It happened to me on 4.3 too and overcomed the brick by flashing philz recovery.Hence I suggest Philz recovery.