Votes: 1,270 94.8%
  • NO

Votes: 69 5.2%

• Total voters
Search This thread

larryho

Apr 8, 2010
dalvik cache: unknown volume for path [/sd-ext]

Hi Guys, Im not sure whether its normal or not. While in recovery, i tried wiping the dalvik cache and the following massage came out

unknown volume for path [/sd-ext]
dalvik cache wiped

Does yours shows the same massage while you wipe your dalvik cache and is it normal? Hope you guys can help...cheers :highfive:

rjunraj

Apr 4, 2012
surat
Re: [HELP THREAD] Nexus 4. Ask any question.

It mainly depends on clock speed, UV, ROM optimizations, and display brightness. That's a pretty hefty day. How bright do you think your gonna have the screen? Also, will this be on stock, or are you gonna flash into a world of wonder?

Connor Baker

I keep brightness to 50% always
I dont use gps, maps.navigation, google now i disable them
My use is very basic
2hrs of music
2hrs of gaming
3hrs of chatting and at weekends i watch movies in my phone

My current phone gives me good battery
I unplugg charger at 7 am and from 8to9 i listen music while reading gogi.in, gsmarena, phonearena in opera mini
Then i put my phone aside till 6:pm an then i start chatting while listning music
And i reach home at 8:pm then i watch few videos (downloaded) and some chatting on whatsapp and at 11pm my phone dies

Can i get same or better battery with nexus 4? Either now or in next update from google?

Sent from my Spice Mi-355 using xda app-developers app

Connor Baker

May 9, 2012
Hi Guys, Im not sure whether its normal or not. While in recovery, i tried wiping the dalvik cache and the following massage came out

dalvik cache wiped

Does yours shows the same massage while you wipe your dalvik cache and is it normal? Hope you guys can help...cheers :highfive:

I keep brightness to 50% always
I dont use gps, maps.navigation, google now i disable them
My use is very basic
2hrs of music
2hrs of gaming
3hrs of chatting and at weekends i watch movies in my phone

My current phone gives me good battery
I unplugg charger at 7 am and from 8to9 i listen music while reading gogi.in, gsmarena, phonearena in opera mini
Then i put my phone aside till 6:pm an then i start chatting while listning music
And i reach home at 8:pm then i watch few videos (downloaded) and some chatting on whatsapp and at 11pm my phone dies

Can i get same or better battery with nexus 4? Either now or in next update from google?

For the Dalvik Cache:

This happens to me all the time. I believe it is because the nexus tries to mount an external micro-SDcard, and receives an error because it cannot find one (because it doesn't have a slot for it).

For the battery:

It should last a while... I mean the gaming is definitely gonna take a toll on the CPU/GPU, but the music shouldn't be too bad on the battery. I think it will probably die before you current phone because it has a way faster CPU/GPU, and a larger screen as well. So it's a lot more to power. The battery is larger too though. So... YMMV.

Connor Baker

Reactions: rjunraj

trell959

Dec 20, 2010
California

dalvik cache wiped

Completely normal. Think nothing of it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: undercover

larryho

Apr 8, 2010
Completely normal. Think nothing of it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

For the Dalvik Cache:

This happens to me all the time. I believe it is because the nexus tries to mount an external micro-SDcard, and receives an error because it cannot find one (because it doesn't have a slot for it).

For the battery:

It should last a while... I mean the gaming is definitely gonna take a toll on the CPU/GPU, but the music shouldn't be too bad on the battery. I think it will probably die before you current phone because it has a way faster CPU/GPU, and a larger screen as well. So it's a lot more to power. The battery is larger too though. So... YMMV.

Connor Baker

Glad that its not...haha. Thanks for the feedbacks buddies!

rjunraj

Apr 4, 2012
surat

For the Dalvik Cache:

For the battery:

Connor Baker

Thx bro
Now i m confused
Should i buy this phone or not?
A phone with 10gb ram
1 zottabyte of internal storage octacore processor 1080p display is useless if we cant use it for more than 4hrs.
I want this phone.
Is there any extended battery available? Or the wireless charger is really wireless?

Mr.JC

Jan 28, 2013
Quezon City
How not to vibrate?

Hi guys, I am just new with this phone, I just get my phone this past Saturday. SO the setting is almost like it's from stock.

Can you help me please? Cause I am trying to eliminate unnecessary vibrations when I am using my phone. I already get rid of vibration when entering texts. Now, I want to removed those unnecessary vibrations say when leaving the Home Screen, then when closing an app... and other unnecessary vibrations.

Thanks in advance.

Michealtbh

Nov 16, 2010
Belfast
Google Pixel 4

Hi guys, I am just new with this phone, I just get my phone this past Saturday. SO the setting is almost like it's from stock.

Can you help me please? Cause I am trying to eliminate unnecessary vibrations when I am using my phone. I already get rid of vibration when entering texts. Now, I want to removed those unnecessary vibrations say when leaving the Home Screen, then when closing an app... and other unnecessary vibrations.

Thanks in advance.

Disable "vibrate on touch" in sound settings

Reactions: Mr.JC

Franklin Bernard

Nov 30, 2012
Hi,

I want to change the grey back ground to black. Apologize if this was already discussed.

For eq: if you go to Gallery (pictures) or settings the background is grey. Is there a way to change it to black ?.

I have been in PA + Motley 35. Its great, But I didnt know how to change the back ground.

Is there any Theme /ROM for doing it ?

Thanks,
Franklin B.

Hi,

Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

The Unnamed Time Lord

Dec 7, 2010
New Jersey
I have been considering flashing a rom (preferably CM) but I am not sure if its entirely worth it yet.

While the roms have some abilities that make it attractive compared to stock I am wary on the whole stability regarding nightlies and overall stability/improvements over stock.

Just how stable are the nightlies, and what would I be missing from stock if I flash a Custom Rom? (I remember hearing some time ago that the EBS settings were only available in stock.)

Also if I do decide to go with a Custom rom should I also invest in a custom kernel as well to improve battery life and so on?

Michealtbh

Nov 16, 2010
Belfast
Google Pixel 4

I have been considering flashing a rom (preferably CM) but I am not sure if its entirely worth it yet.

While the roms have some abilities that make it attractive compared to stock I am wary on the whole stability regarding nightlies and overall stability/improvements over stock.

Just how stable are the nightlies, and what would I be missing from stock if I flash a Custom Rom? (I remember hearing some time ago that the EBS settings were only available in stock.)

Also if I do decide to go with a Custom rom should I also invest in a custom kernel as well to improve battery life and so on?

Pretty much all roms are perfectly stable on Nexus devices since they're AOSP devices.

Try different kernels if you want, they're very easy to flash. I personally like Harsh kernel, it's as smooth as stock with improved battery life.

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

Thanks Man.

Now, can I ask where to start reading in this forum to maximize the potential of our phone?

Is it all begins with rooting/unlocking the phone?

Thanks

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2010338

Foxnov1990

Dec 9, 2011
Peer
My question is that I want mail from hotmail to sync every half hour (aka 30min).
it says "inbox check frequency: every 30minutes". Or if I click on inbox and go to Sync Options, it says "Check Frequency: 30minutes".
-- Yet the second I get an email I get a mail notification...
Does anyone know what I have to change to make it sync every 30min instead of push?

[I searched this thread and several others but haven't come across a question like this]

GS150R

Feb 13, 2013
Nagpur
connect n4 to pc

please some one tell me how to connect nexus 4 to my windows xp sp3 pc. I have tried Stryder5 method but its not working.:crying:

dachau

Feb 9, 2011
Dachau
Soft Buttons with Fixed Position

Hi, I hate it when I rotate the phone and in some cases when the phone is in landscape mode the software buttons move to the wrong side of the screen, hence being on the top of the device. Is there a way to keep them always on the bottom of the screens device and stop them from jumping around? I have CM 10.1 installed.

Som3guy

Jul 23, 2011
Hey,

I got the problem that my Nexus sometimes wants to update to 4.2.1 although the system update menu says the newest version is installed (4.2). When I let the update do what it wants and it reboots, it fails at the recovery system with "apply patch check something".
Only thing I've done to my Nexus so far is rooting it.

bakedcricket

Nov 16, 2012
Hello people. Just wondering, is it possible to increase download speed at HSPA? Like uncap it's limits? Is it possible or is there a solution already?

haige

Jan 28, 2013
Ipoh
Wrong Information ?

Hi, I asked a phone vendor about the Nexus 4, he said that he wouldn't recommend me this phone. Why ?? because he said that this phone isn't suitable for personal use and is only for those who are 24 hours on the go and on the Net, above all he also mentioned that I need to pay extra money to unlock some Google Services (like, what the hell is Google Service, I haven't even heard it before). So....

1. Is he talking crap ? (about the "paying to unlock Google Service" thing) , or maybe it is because of regional difference ?? (I am from Malaysia, does that make a difference ?)

2. As far as I know, all smartphones are capable/made for going on the Net, hence isn't the "for those who are 24 hours on the go and on the Net“ issue also applicable to other high-end smartphones ?? I dont see why it should discourage me from buying the phone albeit me being a moderate phone user.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There are a lot of people joining xda on daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked which fill up Development threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions. Idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in the direction where that user can find an answer and educate himself

First thing first. I strongly advise you to read THIS thread before posting ANYTHING on XDA.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in post no2, you might find what you need right away.

For ROM issues please do mention in your post about:
    ROM name
    ROM version and base
    kernel version and its settings
    any mods applied on top of it
    flashing "style" aka dirty or clean
    something like this
    ...and be sure you have asked before on the ROM thread unless you have less than 10 posts on XDA

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please, do come back and read threads in post no2 (coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time and frustration it will save you in the future.

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE,adb, drivers, superCID etc...... You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! No question is stupid in this thread.

***I feel that a little OT is healthy to the success of this type of thread. The people here who help the most will develop a comradery therefore OT is allowed within reason. Common sense will be applied ;)***

HALL OF FAME
    People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their problems/questions. In no particular order. These people also have the right to use the banner below :)
    eep2378
    bassmadrigal
    Stryder5
    trell959
    thephantom
    -Asskicker-
    DowntownJeffBrown ��
    azrash
    rskyline
    fenstre
    undercover
    scream4cheese
    xanthrax
    gee2012
    spaceman860
    zelendel
    Android Pizza
    Chromium_
    Jugg1es
    shengovind
    OhDae-su
    abaaaabbbb63
    Berrydroidcafe
    themike10452
    plegdroid
    jd1639

HelpThreadNexus4_128.gif

Just add this code to your sig
    HTML:
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1980135"][IMG]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26257623/HelpThreadNexus4_128.gif[/IMG][/URL]
    WALL OF SHAME! :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown: @jugg1es @jugg1es @jugg1es @jugg1es

This post is not just duplicate of kidCarter93 Index thread. This is to be used to point people in the right direction.
    Example:
    Q: How can i unlock my Nexus 4?
    A: Go post no2, link no5

No spoonfeeding, user pointed in the right direction, you get your kudo- everyone happy!

1. [REF] Nexus 4: Technical Specification Breakdown by l0st.prophet

2. [REF]Specs,Reviews,Videos,FAQ,Development | Things you need to know about the Nexus4 by eep2378 and Prawesome

3. [INDEX] ROMs, Kernels, Recoveries, Guides, etc by KidCarter93

4. Standalone ADB with FASTBOOT by tinky1 (extract anywhere and double click on .bat file)

5. [DRIVERS] Nexus 4 Driver for Windows by Stryder5

6. [REF][GUIDE][11/03/2012] Unlocking the Bootloader by TheDarkDefender

7. [ROOT][CONFIRMED WORKING] Root Nexus 4 Using Insecure Boot Image and ADB by HQRaja

8. Nexus 4 Stock OTA and Factory Image URLs by oldblue910

9. [HOW-TO] How to flash a factory image / return to stock / unlock / root # by efrant

10. [NEXUS 4 TOOLKIT] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, Flash, Mods + MUCH MORE by mskip

11. [Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit by WugFresh
    hey guys sorry for asking this but I try to get titanium back up pro from blackmart alpha. first I download the free version from blackmart alpha and then I download the pro key. but after I install it, the pro key is not working. any idea why? it also happen to app like nova launcher prime :confused:

please help me :eek:

thx

Buy it.
    Linaro is not only in the kernels, I believe it is a compiler and it's "hot" with new roms right now. There's a feature with Google Talk, if you use Talk as your voicemail, you're able to play the voicemail in the call log screen without going to Talk app. Linaro breaks it due to audio libs or something alike.

In all seriousness now, how do I install ios 6 on my nexus 4?
    /s

1. Get iPhone 5
    2. Place N4 next to it
    3. Drop a brick on iPhone
    4. Watch it's soul leave the body and transfer to N4
    5. Success rate infinity/1

No no no, I'm not a grammar Nazi. I'm a grammar Commie!
    Hello everyone, I'm pretty much new to XDA and modding in general. I own a Nexus 4 and I wanted to flash the Paranoid Android ROM.

My two cents;

1. Learn how to use adb and stay away from toolkits. They work brilliantly but opaquely and it's in your best interest to know what's happening with your phones firmware in detail.

2. Don't do anything until you learn how to make, store and restore nandroid backups. The N4 is virtually unbrickable and PA is rock solid after the 4.3 merge.

I'm a novice as well but modding is fascinating to me. Since my only phone is also a business phone I usually wait till Friday to flash new software so I have time to restore in the event of problems. Hasn't happened yet. Have fun.