Does your Xperia Z Ultra creek?

Search This thread

JackHanAnLG

Apr 12, 2012
Southend
Hey guys

I wanted to test the build quality of my phone so I took it out of the case. Amd grabbed it from both sides and slightly flexed it

It makes a bit of a creeking noise to which concerns me a little, could this be a fault and result in the waterprofness not working?

Let me know if it happens when if you flex yours, the sound seems to come from the lower right hand corner

J

Sent from my C6833 using xda app-developers app

asustf700t

Oct 11, 2012
Hey guys

I wanted to test the build quality of my phone so I took it out of the case. Amd grabbed it from both sides and slightly flexed it

It makes a bit of a creeking noise to which concerns me a little, could this be a fault and result in the waterprofness not working?

Let me know if it happens when if you flex yours, the sound seems to come from the lower right hand corner

J

LOL YES mine done this earlier for the first time and i was like WDF haha

bryanky5

Mar 31, 2013
Can't hear any creeking on mine. Do you have it in your front pocket a lot?

I don't think putting it in your front pocket makes as big of a difference people think, I had it in there for a while without a case and my phone hasn't bent etc. But it's still a good question to ask, just a random statement from me lol

Sent from my C6802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
I don't think putting it in your front pocket makes as big of a difference people think, I had it in there for a while without a case and my phone hasn't bent etc. But it's still a good question to ask, just a random statement from me lol

I'm not talking about bending. If you put some stress on something for a period of time, it'll start to weaken and then probably creek. I don't know how old you are, but i remember when i had the Nokia 3210/3310/3410 etc. which had plastic back covers, and they would start to creek like hell after i'd removed the covers a lot.

If your thigh bumps and puts stress on the frame of the Ultra for some time (walking and sitting a lot with it in your front pocket, for example), it'll start to creek. That, i can tell you.

bryanky5

Mar 31, 2013
I'm not talking about bending. If you put some stress on something for a period of time, it'll start to weaken and then probably creek. I don't know how old you are, but i remember when i had the Nokia 3210/3310/3410 etc. which had plastic back covers, and they would start to creek like hell after i'd removed the covers a lot.

If your thigh bumps and puts stress on the frame of the Ultra for some time (walking and sitting a lot with it in your front pocket, for example), it'll start to creek. That, i can tell you.

Fair enough, I'm just trying to say that mine has held up well and I have sat with it in my front pocket and walked a lot.

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
Fair enough, I'm just trying to say that mine has held up well and I have sat with it in my front pocket and walked a lot.

Someone upstairs likes you :p I'm not saying that it will happen, but it might be one of the causes. Just treat it like a delicate electronic gadget, which it is after all.

Sent from my C6806_GPe using Tapatalk

bryanky5

Mar 31, 2013
Someone upstairs likes you :p I'm not saying that it will happen, but it might be one of the causes. Just treat it like a delicate electronic gadget, which it is after all.

Sent from my C6806_GPe using Tapatalk

Haha yeah these days when I go out I put it in a case but most of the times I prefer it without since the phone so beautiful :)

JackHanAnLG

Apr 12, 2012
Southend
Ive had it less then a week, and its been in my front pocket a few times but I usually have it in my side coat pocket

Do you think it would get water damaged If I were to drop it in water?

J

hassanmahmood

Jan 3, 2012
Ive had it less then a week, and its been in my front pocket a few times but I usually have it in my side coat pocket

Do you think it would get water damaged If I were to drop it in water?

J

You realize it's fully water-proof, right?

You can submerge it in 1.5m of water for up to 30 minutes I believe.

hassanmahmood

Jan 3, 2012
and yet mine got water damage... after light rain...
Granted it had been opened, and probably not sealed properly...

But from what I've read, you have particularly poor luck so far. :p

I really hope they send you back a fully functioning ZU with no problems this time around - ideally a complete replacement.