[Q] Flashed new RIM and lost root. HELP?

Search This thread

Anthonyr740

Apr 11, 2014
So I have a galaxy s4 m919 and flashed a galaxy s5 based rom using mobile odin. I was coming from cyanide mod 11. When I booted up and started to try to use Titanium backup it said I wasn't rooted. I went into Cwm and rebooted it asked if I wanted to restore root system/xbin/sure but I still don't have root. My phone now says I have a SM-G900F. Do I need to re-root my phone or can I take any easier steps? Also do I need to use my phone as a SM-G900F or is it still a m919 my phone just thinks it an SM-G900F? Kind of confused any help would be good. Thanks

Skipjacks

Nov 1, 2011
Baltimore
So I have a galaxy s4 m919 and flashed a galaxy s5 based rom using mobile odin. I was coming from cyanide mod 11. When I booted up and started to try to use Titanium backup it said I wasn't rooted. I went into Cwm and rebooted it asked if I wanted to restore root system/xbin/sure but I still don't have root. My phone now says I have a SM-G900F. Do I need to re-root my phone or can I take any easier steps? Also do I need to use my phone as a SM-G900F or is it still a m919 my phone just thinks it an SM-G900F? Kind of confused any help would be good. Thanks

Well it's still a M919. It didn't transform into different hardware.

If the ROM you are using is legitimately compatible with the phone, just flash a superuser script from recovery. It should work, unless the kenel on that ROM is preventing it from working.

The phone model showing as a SM-G900F is just in the build.prop file and is relatively meaningless. Taht will go back to M919 when you flash an S4 ROM.