[Q] I keep getting a recovery error for my i9505G. Please help

Search This thread

ShimaMiku

Jun 17, 2007
New England
I've been trying many things to no avail. I am able to get recovery on my i9505G (which I have read is built into the CWM version now for the i9505) and it seems to work fine. I have the 01/08 nightly CM11 on the phone, but whenever I reboot and select "recovery" it gives me this error. Sometimes if I hit the restart the device, it will boot into recovery correctly. I've even started fresh by wiping the entire phone and the multiple partitions (from having started on 4.2) and flashed a fresh 4.4.2 stock (rooted) tar through odin. From there I flashed the recovery, installed CM as I always have, but it is still happening.

What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• 20140108_161535.jpg
    20140108_161535.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 6,615

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
The photo u attached is STOCK RECOVERY. If u want install CUSTOM RECOVERY for install CUSTOM ROMS: HERE

* EDIT: Dont flash custom recovery/Roms/Kernels/Basebands of i9505 for ur i9505G. Its completely different :)

Last edited:
Reactions: ShimaMiku

ShimaMiku

Jun 17, 2007
New England
The photo u attached is STOCK RECOVERY. If u want install CUSTOM RECOVERY for install CUSTOM ROMS: HERE

* EDIT: Dont flash custom recovery/Roms/Kernels/Basebands of i9505 for ur i9505G. Its completely different :)

That is the weird thing, it does have the custom CWM recovery on it, but this happens when I click to reboot into recovery in CM11. I've tried reinstalling CWM numerous times, but I still get this same situation after the first time.

ShimaMiku

Jun 17, 2007
New England
Yes and no, but we dont gona speak about that now. It will be soooo long :highfive:. You asked one thing sir in this thread... If i helped ya Im happy for it :good:

Well here is what I am trying to do. Root isn't a problem, but getting recovery on it is. I've been using the jltflexx builds of CWM and Cyanogen because I read that it was built into it. They both install with no problem and I can get up and running. The problem I run into is getting back into custom recovery and I get that picture error above when I try. I don't know if the custom recovery is getting overwritten by something or what, but it does get installed otherwise I wouldn't be able to get CM11 on it in the first place.

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
Well here is what I am trying to do. Root isn't a problem, but getting recovery on it is. I've been using the jltflexx builds of CWM and Cyanogen because I read that it was built into it. They both install with no problem and I can get up and running. The problem I run into is getting back into custom recovery and I get that picture error above when I try. I don't know if the custom recovery is getting overwritten by something or what, but it does get installed otherwise I wouldn't be able to get CM11 on it in the first place.
How i see u still having the STOCK RECOVERY and u was telling me it worked ok. If i was u i will try the post #2

ShimaMiku

Jun 17, 2007
New England
That is what I don't get. How could I have flashed the custom CWM recovery, used it to install CM, but then have stock recovery and can't get back into the custom one all the time? It is really bizarre.

These are my sources about the i9505 jltflexx builds.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2370101
http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/75444-gt-i9505g-cyanogenmod/

EDIT: Seems this is a problem with CWM itself. When I just used TWRP to do all the same things, everything worked fine.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

That is the weird thing, it does have the custom CWM recovery on it, but this happens when I click to reboot into recovery in CM11. I've tried reinstalling CWM numerous times, but I still get this same situation after the first time.
    Coz u are installing CWM for i9505 no for i9505G maybe?
    I've read on many of the threads here that the i9505G build-specifics were incorporated into "jfltexx" builds.
    No:
    - GT-i9505 is into "jfltexx" builds
    - GT-i9505G is into "jgedlteue" builds
    What I meant was the i9505G specifics were builts in the CWM and Cyanogenmod builds of the jfltexx.
    Yes and no, but we dont gona speak about that now. It will be soooo long :highfive:. You asked one thing sir in this thread... If i helped ya Im happy for it :good: