Moto G userlist

Search This thread

abhirulz94

Mar 30, 2012
New Delhi
Hi guys so i have created a userlist database spreadsheet on google drive in which we can fill in details...

It will take just a min to fill in your details. :fingers-crossed:

This will allow us to know :-
how many users have Moto g (in total around the world)
Country
what model they are using
Date of purchase
Carrier details
Rooted or not
ROM
Previous phone

This will allow us to post statistical results after we have enough data. :D

Suggestions are welcome! :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjZAAJvGsfhbdGFXRU5WYzdxVXRjX095aUFMS2xhRnc&usp=sharing

{Since we all have a google account filling it wont be problem}

Please maintain the spreadsheet file, don't spoil it thanks :fingers-crossed:

gagan97

Jun 5, 2012
Hi guys so i have created a userlist database spreadsheet on google drive in which we can fill in details...

Country
Date of purchase
Carrier details
Rooted or not
ROM
Previous phone

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjZAAJvGsfhbdGFXRU5WYzdxVXRjX095aUFMS2xhRnc&usp=sharing

dude seriously ??

nickchk

May 11, 2013
i would love to help,but this cant determine all users in the world,since not half of them know xda at all.

perhaps u should change it for xda user only,even that,i doubt half will participate.

D

Darth

i would love to help,but this cant determine all users in the world,since not half of them know xda at all.

perhaps u should change it for xda user only,even that,i doubt half will participate.

Half? I'd say 99.8 percent of phone owners have never heard of xda...rooting...or anything we do here. LOL

Thread made me chuckle tho. Thanks given. ;)

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...

ashut0sh

Jan 27, 2012
Muktsar
https://www.zauba.com/import-xt1033-hs-code.html

Check that data out....the number of moto g imported in india by flipkart ( the exclusive seller in India).
And both 8 gb and 16 gb are currently out of stock so you can infer that most if not all of those are already sold out!

Are you sure the whole lot is imported by flipkart only on it will obviously be sold by other vendors from a day or two

Sent from my XT1033 using xda app-developers app

jaspreet997

Jul 15, 2013
Are you sure the whole lot is imported by flipkart only on it will obviously be sold by other vendors from a day or two

Pretty sure....right now its exclusive to flipkart and we don't know how long exclusive period is.
Plus no vendor will import more than few hundrer peices now since everyone who was intrested in G already got or booked a G from flip...Other vendors know that!

Sent from Samsung Chat

ashut0sh

Jan 27, 2012
Muktsar
Nope it was only for 2 weeks
Have a look
http://www.androidheadlines.com/201...ndia-exclusive-to-flipkart-for-two-weeks.html

And its almost over the two week period

Talking of vendors

Well flipkart isn't the only store online
http://www.androidos.in/2014/02/moto-g-pre-order-sold-out/

Snapdeal had set up preorders even before it was released on flipkart

Further there is amazon too

Also big vendors like univercell also are up for selling moto g

Furthermore there shall be countless small vendors importing a few hundreds too..... So sums up to a lot I think

Also about the booking of phones
Well if you are getting one in your hand right now
You won't wait for flipkart will you
People can very easily cancel their orders in case they get it earlier from somewhere else

Last edited:

jaspreet997

Jul 15, 2013
Yes but the recent orders are big amount I don't think any vendor would be importing 10000 moto g's now
Yes people can cancel that Is why am sure Flipkart would ship everyone's moto g this week!!
Also Motorola or flipkart never said about the time of exclusive period...everyone guessed two weeks coz snapdeal said the devices would be available in 3rd week of feb

Last edited:

ashut0sh

Jan 27, 2012
Muktsar
Yes but the recent orders are big amount I don't think any vendor would be importing 10000 moto g's now
Yes people can cancel that Is why am sure Flipkart would ship everyone's moto g this week!!
Also Motorola or flipkart never said about the time of exclusive period...everyone guessed two weeks coz snapdeal said the devices would be available in 3rd week of feb

About the time period. Its official. Lookup for news articles for the same.
Second it doesn't show if it was one entity who imported them all. It might just be a bundle coming over together.

And third week of Feb yes. That adds more to the two week period.

The "A" Factor

Sep 13, 2011
About the time period. Its official. Lookup for news articles for the same.
Second it doesn't show if it was one entity who imported them all. It might just be a bundle coming over together.

And third week of Feb yes. That adds more to the two week period.

(Sorry for Off-Topic post)
What I think is that the main reason behind maintaining the low price of the phone is that Motorola wanted to eliminate the long Dealer chaining system ...

They wanted to reach customer directly, thus reducing the dealer to dealer cost increment .
That also explains the fact that Moto G has "Imported by Flipcart" printed in the product tag on Box.

According to me in UK there's only one vendor i.e. PHONE4U.uk who is authorized to import and sell devices .

Same is the case in India, the moment it will be made available to other stores the price will rise up (for eg. in Brazil there are many vendors and the price is considerably high).

However I don't know how SnalDeal got hold of Moto G ... Also I'm not aware if the news are genuine or not since no body has reported to buy and receive their devices through Snaldeal.

I had also mailed Motorola querying about the same and their reply was
"At this time, Moto G is only available through FlipKart. Stay tuned for any updates" .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Country
    Date of purchase
    Carrier details
    Rooted or not
    ROM
    Previous phone