[Q] Is it just my phone?

Search This thread

brochs

Mar 12, 2009
Hi,

Have just bought a Sony Xperia Z1 Compact, and I'm sad to say that I'm not at all impressed. Here are my findings so fare:

- Losing conection, people say the try to call me but often they can't reach me.
- Power button stop responding, can't turn phone on.
- Phone scratch to easy. after two weeks it looks like it's 2 years old.
- If phone is not in stamina mode battery don't last very long.

I don't know if it's just me, but I am not happy so far.

Rototti

Sep 7, 2012
Hi,

- Losing conection, people say the try to call me but often they can't reach me.

1. I've never read about this issue.
2. You mean like this: LINK?
3. Yes, it scratches easily. A screen protector is recommended for the back and for the front too. Thread: LINK
4. A battery bug (wakelocks) is known for the Z1C. Is there a sonnyericsson thing in your battery stats? Try using 2G, it's a workaround for this issue.

Last edited:

brochs

Mar 12, 2009
1. I've never read about this issue.
2. You mean like this: LINK?
3. Yes, it scratches easily. A screen protector is recommended for the back and for the front too. Thread: LINK
4. A battery bug (wakelocks) is known for the Z1C. Is there a sonnyericsson thing in your battery stats? Try using 2G, it's a workaround for this issue.

1. Could be I'm in a area with weak signals, but with my previous phones this was never a problem.
2. Yes, exactly like this. This just confirms there is some kind of defect with this phone.
3. To bad Sony don't include this then. I guess they know about this problem.
4. com.sonyericsson.android. If I have to use 2G for my phone to not eat battery I would say this is a major problem. If the problem is known why dont they fix it?

Rototti

Sep 7, 2012
1. Could be I'm in a area with weak signals, but with my previous phones this was never a problem.
2. Yes, exactly like this. This just confirms there is some kind of defect with this phone.
3. To bad Sony don't include this then. I guess they know about this problem.
4. com.sonyericsson.android. If I have to use 2G for my phone to not eat battery I would say this is a major problem. If the problem is known why dont they fix it?

2. Maybe this is a software issue too, because it just delays and it's not the problem with the button itself.
4. This is a fairly new device, fixing it takes some time I guess. Perhaps posts in Xperia Care and emails to Sony make it faster.

ghtop

Oct 25, 2013
Hi,

Have just bought a Sony Xperia Z1 Compact, and I'm sad to say that I'm not at all impressed. Here are my findings so fare:

I don't know if it's just me, but I am not happy so far.

It's strange how variable people's experience has been with this phone. I think I've been lucky, as I haven't had the same problems as many have:

1. Never had this.
2. Never had this. Always responds just as quickly each time, regardless of use.
3. The ASF is not great quality ... I have no front protector (one was included in the box by Sony but it's crappy) and a carbon decal on the back. After 2 weeks using a pouch it still looks as good as new to me, without a single scratch. I just wish it had a proper anti-static coating.
4. Battery life has been awesome even not in stamina mode. The 3G bug is annoying and should be fixed, but it hasn't exactly killed my battery life, just strained the phone more than it should.

I've also not seen any of the build quality issues like gaps or squeaks in the frame, and no issues at all with the JDI panel. Cross fingers ...

Last edited:

dtosun

Feb 1, 2007
Xiaomi 12
Samsung Galaxy S23
It's strange how variable people's experience has been with this phone. I think I've been lucky, as I haven't had the same problems as many have:

1. Never had this.
2. Never had this. Always responds just as quickly each time, regardless of use.
3. The ASF is not great quality ... I have no front protector (one was included in the box by Sony but it's crappy) and a carbon decal on the back. After 2 weeks using a pouch it still looks as good as new to me, without a single scratch. I just wish it had a proper anti-static coating.
4. Battery life has been awesome even not in stamina mode. The 3G bug is annoying and should be fixed, but it hasn't exactly killed my battery life, just strained the phone more than it should.

I've also not seen any of the build quality issues like gaps or squeaks in the frame, and no issues at all with the JDI panel. Cross fingers ...

Can you share your carbon skin picrures for your device?

Sent from my MI 2S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app