[ROM] Color OS 2.0 for Desire S 4.2.2

Search This thread

Ry09iu

Jun 19, 2012
Color OS 2.0 for Desrie S

hey guys, this rom is from china, color os 2.0 .

thanks for flinny's cm10.1 rom
i used his bulid 22 to patch this rom.
github : https://github.com/coloros

I will use google translation... im sorry - -!
- System due to lack of space in the data program made ​​of soft chain (this will not affect any use), please do not wipe after intertall, otherwise it will cause the system to process incomplete
- Based on color os latest patch source adapter
- use flinny's ROM cm10.1 bulid 22 to make this rom
- everything is work
- root
- S2W, Double-click to Wake, double-click home to lock
- cpu overclocking
- add atx settings
- fix some bug
- fix 480p image resources

Attachments

• device-2014-06-18-182400.jpg
    device-2014-06-18-182400.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 4,652
  • device-2014-06-18-182428.jpg
    device-2014-06-18-182428.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 4,772
  • device-2014-06-18-182441.jpg
    device-2014-06-18-182441.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 4,447
  • device-2014-06-18-182457.jpg
    device-2014-06-18-182457.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 3,952
  • device-2014-06-18-182520.png
    device-2014-06-18-182520.png
    58.7 KB · Views: 3,875
  • device-2014-06-18-182539.png
    device-2014-06-18-182539.png
    169.3 KB · Views: 3,813
  • device-2014-06-18-182611.png
    device-2014-06-18-182611.png
    20.9 KB · Views: 3,188
Last edited:

dmabid

Jan 2, 2008
Still I am not able to access the link when I am clicking goes mega site only

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

phayz

Mar 2, 2012
TL;DR - If you want a ROM with a different look to CM and still want a "classic-style" launcher and a good set of built-in apps, this is a great ROM.

Longer story...

I flashed this ROM to my phone this morning and so far I have been very impressed. I don't like the stock Android "Halo" look, so this ROM's appearance is a nice change. I first made a mistake in flashing the wrong GApps package but all was good after I flashed one for the correct Android version - gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip. :eek:

In terms of features, it has all that I usually want from Cyanogenmod, plus a few extra features:

• Two styles of lockscreen, including lockscreen notifications
    Online themes "store"
    Online wallpapers "store"
    Gestures support, including my favourite - adjusting volume by moving two fingers up or down the screen
    Swipe to wake support
    Power management app
    Data usage monitor app
    Launcher is fully-featured, including folders support (both on the home screen and in the apps drawer), uninstalling from the app drawer, a variety of smooth transitions

For built-in apps it has almost everything I want:

• music player
    notes-taking app
    clock (including stopwatch, world clock, timer)
    calculator
    torch
    sound recorded
    compass

It has an app named "Backup Restore" in the 'Tools' folder but it FC'd when I tried to launch it. It also features an app named "Cloud service" which supposedly backs up your contacts, SMS etc but I haven't yet tried that.

In using it for only about an hour I have not seen any FCs, except for "Backup restore". I don't like the notification area because it has the shortcuts together with notification messages and no apparent way of changing that. It's a minor point, and perhaps I could find a way through searching Oppo forums.

Hint: If you are looking for some of the native settings you would expect on Cyanogenmod, go into the 'ATX Settings" app and select "Stock Settings". I don't know what "ATX" stands for in this case.

Question - Does anyone know what "MiPop" is? I have doen some searching but can't find an answer.

Angel2k6

Nov 30, 2011
The first screen shown is in Chinese.. Anyone knows what buttons had to be pressed in order to submit a new registration?

Inviato dal mio Desire S

Reactions: athlon2800

phayz

Mar 2, 2012
The first screen shown is in Chinese.. Anyone knows what buttons had to be pressed in order to submit a new registration?

Inviato dal mio Desire S

Assuming you have flashed the ROM, then a GApps package, I believe you see two options, each with an icon. One features an icon that looks like a cog, while the other looks like a black box with some sliders. If I understand correctly, the cog icon is for the native ColorOS setup, which you do *NOT* want to use as it is in Chinese. For a standard CM setup, select the icon which looks like a black box with sliders.

phayz

Mar 2, 2012
I have just two questions...

1. Is anyone else using this ROM?
  2. From what ROM is this ported and can we see that ROM's home page?

phayz

Mar 2, 2012
Where did you find this gapps at? Could you provide me the link?

Thanks. I would love to try out this rom as soon as I download it and find the right gapps.

I honestly can't recall just where I download this GApps package. I think what's important here is to be sure you are using a compatible GApps package, which is where I went wrong previously.

I have done some "hacking" of this ROM, removing unwanted APKs and installing an alternate keyboard etc. Not "hacking" in the true sense. I have done this to try and reduce the size of the ROM as it is much larger than CM ROMs. I have not yet found just the right files to remove. In my current installation, everything except gestures works, so I have obviously removed something that should not have been removed. :eek:

Please do go ahead and try it out. I would love to hear what you think. Until now I thought I was on my own with this ROM. :laugh:

Cpt_Chaos

Sep 3, 2008
Darmstadt
I never could get the rom into English without blindly flipping through all settings until I found it.

On top of it, then not all settings were in English, some were still in Chinese.

It looks like a promising rom but until it is completely in English or German for that matter, I wont be trying it. It was too frustrating to work with some Chinese screens.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Color OS 2.0 for Desrie S

hey guys, this rom is from china, color os 2.0 .

thanks for flinny's cm10.1 rom
    i used his bulid 22 to patch this rom.
    github : https://github.com/coloros

I will use google translation... im sorry - -!
    - System due to lack of space in the data program made ​​of soft chain (this will not affect any use), please do not wipe after intertall, otherwise it will cause the system to process incomplete
    - Based on color os latest patch source adapter
    - use flinny's ROM cm10.1 bulid 22 to make this rom
    - everything is work
    - root
    - S2W, Double-click to Wake, double-click home to lock
    - cpu overclocking
    - add atx settings
    - fix some bug
    - fix 480p image resources
    TL;DR - If you want a ROM with a different look to CM and still want a "classic-style" launcher and a good set of built-in apps, this is a great ROM.

Longer story...

I flashed this ROM to my phone this morning and so far I have been very impressed. I don't like the stock Android "Halo" look, so this ROM's appearance is a nice change. I first made a mistake in flashing the wrong GApps package but all was good after I flashed one for the correct Android version - gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip. :eek:

In terms of features, it has all that I usually want from Cyanogenmod, plus a few extra features:

• Two styles of lockscreen, including lockscreen notifications
      Online themes "store"
      Online wallpapers "store"
      Gestures support, including my favourite - adjusting volume by moving two fingers up or down the screen
      Swipe to wake support
      Power management app
      Data usage monitor app
      Launcher is fully-featured, including folders support (both on the home screen and in the apps drawer), uninstalling from the app drawer, a variety of smooth transitions

For built-in apps it has almost everything I want:

• music player
      notes-taking app
      clock (including stopwatch, world clock, timer)
      calculator
      torch
      sound recorded
      compass

It has an app named "Backup Restore" in the 'Tools' folder but it FC'd when I tried to launch it. It also features an app named "Cloud service" which supposedly backs up your contacts, SMS etc but I haven't yet tried that.

In using it for only about an hour I have not seen any FCs, except for "Backup restore". I don't like the notification area because it has the shortcuts together with notification messages and no apparent way of changing that. It's a minor point, and perhaps I could find a way through searching Oppo forums.

Hint: If you are looking for some of the native settings you would expect on Cyanogenmod, go into the 'ATX Settings" app and select "Stock Settings". I don't know what "ATX" stands for in this case.

Question - Does anyone know what "MiPop" is? I have doen some searching but can't find an answer.

Inviato dal mio Desire S

Assuming you have flashed the ROM, then a GApps package, I believe you see two options, each with an icon. One features an icon that looks like a cog, while the other looks like a black box with some sliders. If I understand correctly, the cog icon is for the native ColorOS setup, which you do *NOT* want to use as it is in Chinese. For a standard CM setup, select the icon which looks like a black box with sliders.
    I would like to try this ROM but the download link goes to the MEGA home page, instead of the Zip file. Can you please fix this?

oh, im sorry . i fixed it already .thank u to tell me :)
    Wow, new rom :D I will test it when i have more free time, i hope will work good :fingers-crossed:
    Keep good work! :D

I fixed the link already .
    and this rom has been make 2weeks ago, and it good for work , some people said only a little bug, but doesnt affect to use