[Q] Need Help, HTC One XL Australia, recovery wont load SD Card

Search This thread

meesotrev

Oct 27, 2012
HTC One XL stuck in boot loop, recovery will no load System, or SD Card, so i cannot retrieve my restores. have fastboot usb capabilities still, Does anyone know how to resolve this problem?

meesotrev

Oct 27, 2012
HBOOT 2.15.0000 --- S-Off & Unlocked
Radio 1.31a.32.45.16_2
ROM Viper xl
Recovery TWRP 2.5

I flashed oxp_elitekernel_130413, which i now realize was wrong, which led to the boot loop, So i tried to flash back to previous Kernal but it cam up with error device not found.
So i tried to access recovery and it just kept bootlooping. So i then flashed recovery again, now i have recovery but sd and system won't load.

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
You need to update your recovery, TWRP 2.5 is full of bugs. Get 2.6 or above from here and flash it using fastboot. Out of interest, how exactly did you try to flash back to your original kernel? You said you got a "device not found" message which doesn't seem right.

I'm not sure where you found that oxp_elitekernel but it certainly wasn't from within our device forum. You need to make sure you don't stray into other forums, nothing outside of our forum is compatible with our device, you're actually very lucky you didn't brick your phone. Our device forum main page is here:

http://xdaforums.com/one-x-att

Bookmark that page and make sure you stay within it.

Sent from my Evita

Reactions: meesotrev

meesotrev

Oct 27, 2012
I flashed in fastboot cmd prompt. Because the sdcard isn't loading anymore it can't write or read the phone. so i don't care if i have to format the whole dam thing, i just dont know how to do it, without risking what little access i have left.

meesotrev

Oct 27, 2012
All Good, i worked it out in the end :)

Thanks to all who gave me feedback but i ended up figuring it out. If anyone has that problem in the future, all you have to do is format system and sdcard, (yeah i know you loose everything, but thats better than losing the whole phone.) then mount sdcard in TWRP, and place on the zip files for your roms, un-mount the partitions, then install the zips. If your S-ON, i guess you would flash boot image (unless S-ON stops you from wiping those partitions, in which case your screwed.) . But if you're S-OFF Just install and your back.

meesotrev

Oct 27, 2012
I am not really a beginner, started hacking my phones 3.5 years ago. Been in love with it ever since, I was at the end of three nights with no sleep, and I wasn't thinking very clearly, and so I failed to notice that I had strayed into just the one x+ forum, and flashed the wrong kernal, very nearly bricking it in the process. Rookie mistake, one I'm not likely to repeat. Scared the crap outa me...lol.
Thanks for your help once again bud. :)

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

meesotrev

Oct 27, 2012
Oh I know, was explaining more out of my own embarrassment then anything else..lol:D

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    More information required. Please state your bootloader details, current ROM and kernel, current recovery, and a detailed description of the effects that lead to this situation.

Sent from my Evita
    You need to update your recovery, TWRP 2.5 is full of bugs. Get 2.6 or above from here and flash it using fastboot. Out of interest, how exactly did you try to flash back to your original kernel? You said you got a "device not found" message which doesn't seem right.

I'm not sure where you found that oxp_elitekernel but it certainly wasn't from within our device forum. You need to make sure you don't stray into other forums, nothing outside of our forum is compatible with our device, you're actually very lucky you didn't brick your phone. Our device forum main page is here:

http://xdaforums.com/one-x-att

Bookmark that page and make sure you stay within it.

Sent from my Evita
    S-on doesn't stop you from wiping any partitions. Good to see you worked it out though. You might benefit from reading the Evita FAQ and How-To Guide For Beginners threads in my signature.

Sent from my Evita