[ROM] FreeX10 | BETA 4 - MAJOR CAMERA FIX | Froyo 2.2.1 | 27/03/2011 | xRecovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

zdzihu

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2008
FreeX10 Froyo 2.2.1 ROM

76528311.png
30223315.png
58863801.png

Info:
FreeX10 is a clean, fast and stable rom for Xperia X10 based on AOSP and CM sources. Currently in beta version.
If you require more info or assistance, please check this topic: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=835308

If you want to help in development in any way, please:
1. Check the link below, there are device-specific patches, some clues and more released (all you need to compile custom Froyo rom)
2. Drop me a PM, I reply to all dev-related messages

X10_2.2_Froyo_sources.tar.bz2

Known bugs:
- automatic brightness disabled (investigating)
- more to be reported

Please DON'T report the following bugs:

- no native wifi/usb tethering (kernel related)

Are you new to this ROM? Having some trouble installing it? Found a bug?
Please check the Q&A thread first:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=908791

Requirements:
1. Rooted 2.1 ROM (multitouch kernel recommended) You don't have it? Check Bin4ry's Dualtouch for all ROMS [GUIDE]
2. working xRecovery

Installation:
1. Flash the zip package via xRecovery
2. Flash the Google Apps via xRecovery
3. Reboot and leave the phone alone until GSM/radio icon shows up (1-2 automatic reboots)
4. Enjoy

DO NOT REINSTALL BUSYBOX OR XRECOVERY!
YOU WILL END UP IN ENDLESS FC LOOP (AND BREAK XRECOVERY)!

Changelog:
1/02/2011 beta4 - fixed to work with baseband .54, xRecovery 0.3-unified, minor improvements
29/01/2011 beta3 hotfix1 - "charge when off" patch
25/01/2011 beta3 - major crash fix, HW buttons' led enabled, possible wifi fix
20/01/2011 beta2 hotfix1 - flash led brightness and Rockplayer hack
19/01/2011 beta2 - camera (no camcorder yet), hspa icon, flashlight, many minor improvements
10/01/2011 beta1 hotfix4 - native APP2SD + app installation
7/01/2011 beta1 hotfix3 - USB Mass Storage
7/01/2011 beta1 hotfix2 - hardware video enc/dec + Youtube
6/01/2011 beta1 hotfix1 - Wifi DNS/DHCP / ringtone loop
5/01/2011 beta1 - first beta release

Credits:
Android team, CM Crew, Jerpelea, Skrilax_CZ, everyone else who helped. Cheers!

Download:

FreeX10-beta4.zip - fixed to work with baseband .54, xRecovery 0.3-unified, minor improvements

FreeX10-beta4-hotfix2.zip - new xRecovery only. Doesn't include hotfix1!

FreeX10-beta4-hotfix1.zip - major camera/camcorder fix

REQUIRES LATEST KERNEL AND BASEBAND 2.1.54 (shipped in stock 2.1.A.0.435 ROM)

gapps_FreeX10.zip - Google Apps (Market, Youtube etc.)

Older files (for reference only):

gapps_legacy_FreeX10.zip - Alternative (older) Google Apps (Market, Youtube etc.)
FreeX10-beta3.zip - major crash fix, HW buttons' led enabled, possible wifi (sleep/reconnect) fix
FreeX10-beta3-hotfix1.zip - "charge when off" patch
FreeX10-beta2.zip
FreeX10-beta2-hotfix1.zip - flash led brightness and Rockplayer hack

FreeX10-beta1.zip
- first beta release
FreeX10-beta1-hotfix4a.zip - OPTIONAL - hotfix4 + in-call proximity sensor fix

Modders/Theme Makers: I will get back to you as I address the clock font color issue.

Cheers,
z

Last edited:

jimbo77

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 2, 2010
Guatemala
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Guys come on... why don't you read first this thread...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=900175

It clearly states:

"Similarly, don't make loads of "Thanks for your work here" posts in an active development thread. It's just as annoying to developers as asking when something will be ready. If a ROM is complete, then go ahead and thank the developer if you wish, but don't go into threads for devs only, and interrupt it to post "thanks". It's basically spamming, and is treated as such.
"

Don't turn this thread as the previous one...

Last edited by a moderator:

skynet77

Dec 17, 2009
Hi :)
does this beta also runs from SD Card as previous alpha releases? or it's flashed over existing 2.1 rom?

Reactions: BlackCorsar

chabbe11

Oct 27, 2009
Sorry but i need to ask a question...

For us with the "old" 2.2.1 rom release which I installed with xrecovery, what should I do to update to the new version?

Do I need to use SEUS first or what?

Reactions: Nimche

chabbe11

Oct 27, 2009
I don't think so. Just do a full wipe via Xrecovery and the install custom zip.. and locate Zdizihu's file... like the "old" one..

Jim

Well, the thing is that I can't accessthe xrecovery since I installed the "old" 2.2.1 froyo rom... If I don't press any button it will boot into 2.2.1 and if I do press the "back" button it will boot into 2.1 SE...

Jmercy09

Oct 2, 2010
Well, the thing is that I can't accessthe xrecovery since I installed the "old" 2.2.1 froyo rom... If I don't press any button it will boot into 2.2.1 and if I do press the "back" button it will boot into 2.1 SE...

Remove freex10 folder from sdcard and remove chargemon from system/bin viola froyo gone will boot normal into normal firmware

Sent from my X10i using XDA App

It worked for me...you might need a second opinion since someone stated the chargemon should be replaced instead of deleted.

freddy009

Sep 27, 2010
Edmonton
I would personally use this "FROYO 2.2.1 X10 AOSP [TripNRaVeRs MODs]"

I have been using it for about 4 days and so far the only problem preventing me from using day to day is the hardware video encoder not working.

The phone feature works flawlessly, as well as:

-sms
-Mobile data
-speaker
-music
-market
-wifi
-usb storage/usb debugging

and more

EDIT: I know that that Z & J have put forth most of the work for any of the custom 2.1 and 2.2 mods, dont bash me just because I prefer a certain version of the 2.2.1, just as some of you may prefer the Eminence or Eternity Rom over the generic 2.1

Last edited:
Reactions: get2easy

rabetionline

Sep 22, 2010
I would personally use this "FROYO 2.2.1 X10 AOSP [TripNRaVeRs MODs]"

I have been using it for about 4 days and so far the only problem preventing me from using day to day is the hardware video encoder not working.

The phone feature works flawlessly, as well as:

-sms
-Mobile data
-speaker
-music
-market
-wifi
-usb storage/usb debugging

and more

-usb storage/usb debugging????
It does not work for me. only a loading circle.
my battery become HOT

Reactions: NFSCRYSIS

The Gingerbread Man

Sep 4, 2010
Gloucester
does this allow dual booting? or does this wipe the old rom

It wipes the old one but you get xrecovery in it which means you can use more roms if you want but only have one on the internal memory at anytime but store as many others as you want on your sd card and then restore or reflash them. This is much better than only being limited to two roms, in my opinion.

Sent from my AOSP on Xperia (US) using XDA App

Jmercy09

Oct 2, 2010
Ok i gave this rom a try, my first instal of any of the 2.2.1 roms and it works ( obviously ) but i flashed back to 2.1 008a because of problems with market, everything gets stuck at download paused. Internet wont work on any pages and unfortunately no built in file manager so i couldn't try and instal the new market apk on my sd card.

Music worked and played and i was able to google sync. I didn't try video, they dont really overly bother me that much but overall id say not a bad shot for a v1 beta. Network connection and 3g happened straight away at first boot.

I only flashed back to 2.1 as there are more working features arm but thanks for the release. Il go daily after a few more releases i think.

Anyone else tried it out yet? Had similar problems?

Sent from my AOSP on Xperia (US) using XDA App

I did have that problem after being halted by a FC of the market. I opened it again and everything worked fine after that. Sometimes doing a system wipe before installing the roms helps...not sure if thats the case for you tho.

corruptfate

May 10, 2010
how would I back up the rom I have right now which is the stock rooted newest 2.1 thingy from before?

rourouni815

Aug 20, 2010
tried both z and trips rom. For this rom didnt have to killall. Just as fast as trips rom in both linpack and quadrant. Although the wifi bug still exists here had to use static ip address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FreeX10 Froyo 2.2.1 ROM

76528311.png
    30223315.png
    58863801.png

Info:
    FreeX10 is a clean, fast and stable rom for Xperia X10 based on AOSP and CM sources. Currently in beta version.
    If you require more info or assistance, please check this topic: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=835308

If you want to help in development in any way, please:
    1. Check the link below, there are device-specific patches, some clues and more released (all you need to compile custom Froyo rom)
    2. Drop me a PM, I reply to all dev-related messages

X10_2.2_Froyo_sources.tar.bz2

Known bugs:
    - automatic brightness disabled (investigating)
    - more to be reported

Please DON'T report the following bugs:

- no native wifi/usb tethering (kernel related)

Are you new to this ROM? Having some trouble installing it? Found a bug?
    Please check the Q&A thread first:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=908791

Requirements:
    1. Rooted 2.1 ROM (multitouch kernel recommended) You don't have it? Check Bin4ry's Dualtouch for all ROMS [GUIDE]
    2. working xRecovery

Installation:
    1. Flash the zip package via xRecovery
    2. Flash the Google Apps via xRecovery
    3. Reboot and leave the phone alone until GSM/radio icon shows up (1-2 automatic reboots)
    4. Enjoy

DO NOT REINSTALL BUSYBOX OR XRECOVERY!
    YOU WILL END UP IN ENDLESS FC LOOP (AND BREAK XRECOVERY)!

Changelog:
    1/02/2011 beta4 - fixed to work with baseband .54, xRecovery 0.3-unified, minor improvements
    29/01/2011 beta3 hotfix1 - "charge when off" patch
    25/01/2011 beta3 - major crash fix, HW buttons' led enabled, possible wifi fix
    20/01/2011 beta2 hotfix1 - flash led brightness and Rockplayer hack
    19/01/2011 beta2 - camera (no camcorder yet), hspa icon, flashlight, many minor improvements
    10/01/2011 beta1 hotfix4 - native APP2SD + app installation
    7/01/2011 beta1 hotfix3 - USB Mass Storage
    7/01/2011 beta1 hotfix2 - hardware video enc/dec + Youtube
    6/01/2011 beta1 hotfix1 - Wifi DNS/DHCP / ringtone loop
    5/01/2011 beta1 - first beta release

Credits:
    Android team, CM Crew, Jerpelea, Skrilax_CZ, everyone else who helped. Cheers!

Download:

FreeX10-beta4.zip - fixed to work with baseband .54, xRecovery 0.3-unified, minor improvements

FreeX10-beta4-hotfix2.zip - new xRecovery only. Doesn't include hotfix1!

FreeX10-beta4-hotfix1.zip - major camera/camcorder fix

REQUIRES LATEST KERNEL AND BASEBAND 2.1.54 (shipped in stock 2.1.A.0.435 ROM)

gapps_FreeX10.zip - Google Apps (Market, Youtube etc.)

Older files (for reference only):

gapps_legacy_FreeX10.zip - Alternative (older) Google Apps (Market, Youtube etc.)
    FreeX10-beta3.zip - major crash fix, HW buttons' led enabled, possible wifi (sleep/reconnect) fix
    FreeX10-beta3-hotfix1.zip - "charge when off" patch
    FreeX10-beta2.zip
    FreeX10-beta2-hotfix1.zip - flash led brightness and Rockplayer hack

FreeX10-beta1.zip
    - first beta release
    FreeX10-beta1-hotfix4a.zip - OPTIONAL - hotfix4 + in-call proximity sensor fix

Modders/Theme Makers: I will get back to you as I address the clock font color issue.

Cheers,
    z
    beta4 hotfix1 released!

Changelog:

- camera driver hacked to work with ALL applications (Barcode Scanner, Google Googles and many more!)
    - 720 HD Recording fixed
    - now in both mp4 and h264
    - camera app revamped: a lot of new modes enabled eg. 6M wide, 1920HD

Credits to Wolfbreak for the HW encoding fix!

Misc: Currently I am abroad on a work project that takes 999% of my free time - I don't even have my PC/files with me. That means I won't be active here for another 4-6 weeks.

Please do not PM/mail me as I most likely won't be able to reply (sorry about that :() - I'll do my best to answer all of the PMs when I'm back for good!

Anyway, I just want to assure you that I'm still working on FreeX10 :)

Cheers,
    z
    Hi Z there is a few data2sd zips knocking around for desire and stuff will they work on our roms ??
    Sorry I got too excited with new sources and forgot to upload d2sd :) Here is it: FreeX10-data2sd.zip

Remember it's NOT supported NOR a part of this rom - just another toy to play

First boot will take ages, leave the phone for like 5-10 min. Default SD partition is 512Mb, should be enough for testing. To get rid of data2sd, simply delete/rename /mnt/sdcard/xrecovery/data.img and you will be back to your old (nand) data.

Cheers,
    z
    Hi everybody,

First of all, I need to clarify that I don't have any plans to quit developing FreeX10 nor any other X10 related project :)
    I already stated I will not make useless posts like "Hi guys, I had no progress but everything's fine" so please, be patient even if you don't hear from me for a couple of days. The camcorder problem gives me a major headache and I prefer to spend my time working on it rather that reading/posting here.

Second, I am begging you, do not send me irrelevant/ridiculous/crazy PMs - my box is totally flooded (100+ unread) and it will take the whole evening to go through them!

I'll do my best to answer all dev-related PMs - please bear in mind I am not even going to read PMs saying "HELP PLX", "BUG REPORT", "FIX CAMERA FAST!!11" and alikes - there are relevant topics for help, support and bug reporting!

Cheers,
    z
    Guys come on... why don't you read first this thread...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=900175

It clearly states:

"Similarly, don't make loads of "Thanks for your work here" posts in an active development thread. It's just as annoying to developers as asking when something will be ready. If a ROM is complete, then go ahead and thank the developer if you wish, but don't go into threads for devs only, and interrupt it to post "thanks". It's basically spamming, and is treated as such.
    "

Don't turn this thread as the previous one...