[ACS] Temp JB home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

shabbypenguin

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2010

Finished_logo.png

Alright ladies and gentlement the time is here already. Fully working 4.1 Jelly Bean for the Galaxy Nexus.
There is no need for a long write up, it is what it is. Ported from the booting verizon version, ported from the GSM OTA, so lets concentrate on those who made it possible.

#1 Shabby Penguin - first on the scene getting the ball started as usual. Bothering me after I just released 3 roms simultaneously :D Shabby knocked out Wifi issues with the vendor blobs from ICS, rooted it, and deodex'd the rom
#2 DreamsForgotten - between getting sleep and working all day I thought I would miss all the fun! Knocked out Eri, and MMS errors. Sprint Updates can't be achieved just yet.
#3 earthbound[iap] - swapping out the RIL's, glad someone was feeling adventurous! ;)
#4 Uber(tm) - For having working apktool and a kick ass aapt that devours part of JellyBean :p and compiling my changes with the quickness!!!!
#5 TooSlo - GPS.conf - getting an instant lock!
(Sources)
#6 b1six for the GSM leak
#7 jdkoreclipse Reference Working Verizon version we used
#8 Everyone else who was participating in the forum, helping by testing all this, and having positive conversation.

DOWNLOAD THIS BABY

Galaxy Nexus Jellin 4.1 RC_1

to fix MMS do the following:
1. Replace telephony.db (both of them) with the one in this thread. https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8avzrrgdym3u6q/telephony.db
The ones to be replaced are:
/data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db

2. make sure the permissions on the one you are copying in match the old one's permissions. (rw-rw----)
3. Reboot.
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=28071688&postcount=797

ScreenShots: You get none, flash this baby and play for a first hand experience. :D Enjoy you guys!!!!

Donators:
Flashback7
Coycaine
Talkdj
J.trice1976
winter128
tyea

Thanks for your continued support :D

Last edited:

ssconceptz

Oct 2, 2008
Texas
Sent you a message.......

So I was thinking if you took this OTA file...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1737373

then updated the script to look for our devices (sprint).....

mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.0/by-name/system", "/system");
assert(file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "samsung/mysidspr/toroplus:4.0.4/IMM76D/L700FC12:user/release-keys" ||
file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "samsung/mysidspr/toroplus:4.0.4/IMM76D/L700FD02:user/release-keys");
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "toroplus" ||
getprop("ro.build.product") == "toroplus");
ui_print("Verifying current system...");

and then removed the radio update, then it should work on the Sprint variant. I know I seen another guy flashed it on his Sprint version but his radio is broke due to this but all else worked fine. Think it's possible?

*EDIT*** NVM

Last edited:

ajonesma

Jun 29, 2010
Detroit
Has anyone flashed it and gotten working 3G yet? I can't live without 3G because Wifi at home for me is super ****ty :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Finished_logo.png

Alright ladies and gentlement the time is here already. Fully working 4.1 Jelly Bean for the Galaxy Nexus.
    There is no need for a long write up, it is what it is. Ported from the booting verizon version, ported from the GSM OTA, so lets concentrate on those who made it possible.

#1 Shabby Penguin - first on the scene getting the ball started as usual. Bothering me after I just released 3 roms simultaneously :D Shabby knocked out Wifi issues with the vendor blobs from ICS, rooted it, and deodex'd the rom
    #2 DreamsForgotten - between getting sleep and working all day I thought I would miss all the fun! Knocked out Eri, and MMS errors. Sprint Updates can't be achieved just yet.
    #3 earthbound[iap] - swapping out the RIL's, glad someone was feeling adventurous! ;)
    #4 Uber(tm) - For having working apktool and a kick ass aapt that devours part of JellyBean :p and compiling my changes with the quickness!!!!
    #5 TooSlo - GPS.conf - getting an instant lock!
    (Sources)
    #6 b1six for the GSM leak
    #7 jdkoreclipse Reference Working Verizon version we used
    #8 Everyone else who was participating in the forum, helping by testing all this, and having positive conversation.

DOWNLOAD THIS BABY

Galaxy Nexus Jellin 4.1 RC_1

to fix MMS do the following:
    1. Replace telephony.db (both of them) with the one in this thread. https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8avzrrgdym3u6q/telephony.db
    The ones to be replaced are:
    /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db

2. make sure the permissions on the one you are copying in match the old one's permissions. (rw-rw----)
    3. Reboot.
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=28071688&postcount=797

ScreenShots: You get none, flash this baby and play for a first hand experience. :D Enjoy you guys!!!!

Donators:
    Flashback7
    Coycaine
    Talkdj
    J.trice1976
    winter128
    tyea

Thanks for your continued support :D

ENOUGH!!! Everyone take a deep breath. Here I am reading every page of the thread at work to see if anyone has reached out and has any input on the only thing that matters this second. How to get the apn into jb. Any other question or concern deserves a general thread and allow this to continue being a development thread. Every single pages is stacked with the same goddamn question and repeated answer on it. Where is RC1, I flashed the MMS fix and it didn't work. Granted blame us for an OP that's just plain confusing (constant references to RC1 with no link, General directions about a telephony.db with no clear instructions on the op, but that's cause we can't exactly condone pieceing together a rom). Rules from here on out. DO NOT FLASH working5 DO NOT FLASH RC1, as a matter of fact ignore ACS site for now. I'm going to upload a rom, 1 flash that's it. This rom is working 100% except MMS. If you want to run the rom like it is fine, if not fine. I'm not going to have you flashing over telephony.db's etc trying to hack the phone into working. There is one clean way to use the dialer menu to put the MMSC url in and it work but I don't know how and I'm not focusing my attention on teaching you, dialer menus can botch a phone and I'm not supporting that either. It sucks I wish I could have fixed it all and wrapped it up in bow by now but that's not the case. What we have here is a 99% working JellyBean rom for the Gnex days after a pre ota released. I'm content with what it is. Uploading the rom to the server giving the link to shabby to post and taking the night off.
    http://d-h.st/r19 <-full rom working data and root

if you would rather do the manual method:
    1. copy libsec-ril_lte.so from aokp or cm9 /system/vendor/lib file (or use this one from samurai aokp http://d-h.st/rpi)
    2. replace the libsec-ril_lte.so in /system/vendor/lib on jelly bean with the one from cm9 or aokp
    3. reboot....
    4. viola enjoy...

G'night everyone happy jelly bean dreams...
    ever... instead you will have to suffer with rc1 of the rom :p