use s5 to open

Search This thread

rob306

May 20, 2013
Logandale
Yes, it's possible. Do an internet search on how to build a WiFi garage door opener. I thought about building one, but you have to be on the same WiFi as the garage WiFi door circuit.

Sent from my SM-G900V using xda app-developers app

anthonyss89

Dec 13, 2010
Yes, it's possible. Do an internet search on how to build a WiFi garage door opener. I thought about building one, but you have to be on the same WiFi as the garage WiFi door circuit.

ahhh cool thanks but i was hoping for using the IR on the s5 to do it ?

nc88keyz

Mar 6, 2006
MyQ is now free, it is no longer an annual fee to use the service. Rather than make it open access with port fwding they decided to just make it free. If you looked at this option 4 years ago when it came out on the market. it was 99 year i think. I quickly passed at that option. Its also very possible to use a contact closer switch via X-10 stuff but not quite as simply as using an app for that garage door is it ;)

Guadalupeohara

Feb 5, 2014
D.K

Really..!! s5 open my door ? How it possible ? Step by step solution please

tillithz

Sep 4, 2009
Oakland
you could do ir by simply getting a ir kit and connecting to a relay and then to your wall switch.

another way is connection through a home alarm system with a relay module.

another way could be through your ocmputer with a network relay switch wired to the wall switch of your garage door.

another probably simplest way would be with an IOBridge and the app available in the app store. This way you could actually open the door if you were on the wifi or on your phones data. so you could even open/close the door from elsewhere. Ive done this for office building access doors.

Guadalupeohara

Feb 5, 2014
D.K
you could do ir by simply getting a ir kit and connecting to a relay and then to your wall switch.

another way is connection through a home alarm system with a relay module.

another way could be through your ocmputer with a network relay switch wired to the wall switch of your garage door.

another probably simplest way would be with an IOBridge and the app available in the app store. This way you could actually open the door if you were on the wifi or on your phones data. so you could even open/close the door from elsewhere. Ive done this for office building access doors.

Thanks tillithz.. I see your tips. I hope it will works..:good: