Wifi transfers

Search This thread

adamsjw2

May 22, 2011
Hi all,
Has anyone had luck with the lan connection in File Manager HD, from your Xoom to your PC? I have a shared folder on my PC from which I would like to transfer some pictures to my Xoom. I"m missing something as the connection fails. The permissions on the PC are right, I believe. Do I need to enable an FTP or smb server on my win 7 laptop? I need the abillity for wifi transfers to and from my zoom so any other app recommendations are appreciated.
TIA,
Jim

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jrezin

Jun 19, 2010
Hi all,
Has anyone had luck with the lan connection in File Manager HD, from your Xoom to your PC? I have a shared folder on my PC from which I would like to transfer some pictures to my Xoom. I"m missing something as the connection fails. The permissions on the PC are right, I believe. Do I need to enable an FTP or smb server on my win 7 laptop? I need the abillity for wifi transfers to and from my zoom so any other app recommendations are appreciated.
TIA,
Jim

I don't have problems with SMB transfer from both File Manager HD nor ES File Explorer... usually, the key is the login credentials... you'll probably have to check the settings in your Desk pc (maybe firewall too)... as long they're correct and you're in the same LAN, it should not be a problem
(it could be much faster, but at least it works...)

adamsjw2

May 22, 2011
Now I'm using File Expert on my Zoom and an FTP client on my Win7 machine. I'm still trying to get FM HD to work. I've tried every networking trick I know and that is quite. A few.
I'll post back here as soon as I do.
Jim

markread644

Feb 11, 2009
I am using ES File Manager and the obvious needed checking, IP Address (check), LOGON credentials (I forgot I had to log on to the PC so Username and Password)(check). I have my D:\ shared in Windows so maybe that is the missing link ?

senaca

May 30, 2011
I get a connection and all the folders that show up are empty. The folder names, however, are correct.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I get a connection and all the folders that show up are empty. The folder names, however, are correct.

This means that you have to edit the connection and put in your log in information