saving apps to sdcard

Search This thread

joshhud

Sep 15, 2009
Hi all, so far I am a little disappointed in CyanogenMod for 10.1 for the nook HD. The main reason I rooted the nook was so I could save apps to my SD card (8gb internal doesn't cut it). Also I have been having problems with the tablet now getting stuck in a lock screen cycle. Does anyone know how to move apps to the SD card, or why I get stuck in the lock screen cycle?

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
Hi all, so far I am a little disappointed in CyanogenMod for 10.1 for the nook HD. The main reason I rooted the nook was so I could save apps to my SD card (8gb internal doesn't cut it). Also I have been having problems with the tablet now getting stuck in a lock screen cycle. Does anyone know how to move apps to the SD card, or why I get stuck in the lock screen cycle?
Apps2sd is not supported in CM10.1 on the HD/HD+. But you can go to my HD/HD+ CWM thread linked in my signature and flash my SDswap zip for official CM10.1 and it will make it so you can have your media files on external SD by default. That will give you more room.

And the lock screen issue is probably the magnet in your case. There is a bug in CM10.1 where you must open the cover twice before the unlock will work.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium HD app

joshhud

Sep 15, 2009
Apps2sd is not supported in CM10.1 on the HD/HD+. But you can go to my HD/HD+ CWM thread linked in my signature and flash my SDswap zip for official CM10.1 and it will make it so you can have your media files on external SD by default. That will give you more room.

And the lock screen issue is probably the magnet in your case. There is a bug in CM10.1 where you must open the cover twice before the unlock will work.

Man that's disappointing. I have two users are can't fit all my apps in. Why does Cm10 not support apps2sd? I feel like that should be a standard thing.

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
Man that's disappointing. I have two users are can't fit all my apps in. Why does Cm10 not support apps2sd? I feel like that should be a standard thing.
No, CM10 or CM11 don't either. To get more room for apps, move some of your media files to external SD. That is why I suggested the swap. Media files and apps share the same limited space on emmc. And for the 8GB HD that can be tight.

And the reason apps2sd is not supported is the default sdcard (internal) is emulated and is actually a part of /data on internal. That is why it shares the same free space as apps. So it would not free any space to put apps on the emulated SD.

Last edited:

joshhud

Sep 15, 2009
No, CM10 or CM11 don't either. To get more room for apps, move some of your media files to external SD. That is why I suggested the swap. Media files and apps share the same limited space on emmc. And for the 8GB HD that can be tight.

And the reason apps2sd is not supported is the default sdcard (internal) is emulated and is actually a part of /data on internal. That is why it shares the same free space as apps. So it would not free any space to put apps on the emulated SD.

Problem is I don't really have any media. Its pretty much all apps. Doesn't look like the are any nook HD roms out there at all, let alone support app2sd

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
Problem is I don't really have any media. Its pretty much all apps. Doesn't look like the are any nook HD roms out there at all, let alone support app2sd
You have 5GB of apps installed? That's how much space you should have with no media files. You could have some big game apps that store their game data on the internal SD. Those count as media files and can be moved to external SD with the swap.

Aychdot

Nov 17, 2008

Looks like I have to be rooted to install your file. Is that true? I haven't rooted anything since, I think it was a Samsung Hero. :eek:

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
Sorry I just jumped into this thread. I'm not the OP.
Well, then yes, you have to be running CM to install that file. But I have a version for stock that does not require you to be rooted. Go to my HD/HD+ CWM thread linked in my signature.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app