Error upon flashing....

Search This thread

bluegreen343

Jan 28, 2013
Hi, I have the 2012 Nexus 7, Wifi only, 16GB, its running stock 4.4.2 rom at this time. I have unlocked the bootloader, installed twrp, and rooted using Wugs Nexus Rootkit (Bless him lol). But now whenever I try to flash any Rom, I've tried about five from different places and downloaded on multiple devices then put them on my nexus, and they will not install. I get this error about md5 which I have no idea why it would be the error every single time I try any different Rom... But here is what it says.

Here are two different ones but both say md5

Sent from my HTC6435LRA using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1390144533813.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390144533813.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 323
  • uploadfromtaptalk1390144550341.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390144550341.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 319

jithumon

Mar 6, 2013
New Delhi
Hi, I have the 2012 Nexus 7, Wifi only, 16GB, its running stock 4.4.2 rom at this time. I have unlocked the bootloader, installed twrp, and rooted using Wugs Nexus Rootkit (Bless him lol). But now whenever I try to flash any Rom, I've tried about five from different places and downloaded on multiple devices then put them on my nexus, and they will not install. I get this error about md5 which I have no idea why it would be the error every single time I try any different Rom... But here is what it says.

You need to downgrade to stock android 4.3 as you are trying to flash a 4.3 Jellybean ROM

jrjr100

Jan 21, 2014

Try switching to CWM using the rom manager from the play store. I had the exact same problem. Everytime i wanted to flash something via TWRP it would always fail, but once i switched to cwm the problem went away

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

You need to downgrade to stock android 4.3 as you are trying to flash a 4.3 Jellybean ROM

I pretty sure you dont have to downgrade to 4.3 to flash a 4.3 rom. As long as the tablet is rooted and the rom you want to flash is for the N7 it should work, at least it always has for me but TWRP seems to be having a problem flashing roms lately...correct me if i'm wrong tho :)

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

Try switching to CWM using the rom manager from the play store. I had the exact same problem. Everytime i wanted to flash something via TWRP it would always fail, but once i switched to cwm the problem went away

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

I pretty sure you dont have to downgrade to 4.3 to flash a 4.3 rom. As long as the tablet is rooted and the rom you want to flash is for the N7 it should work, at least it always has for me but TWRP seems to be having a problem flashing roms lately...correct me if i'm wrong tho :)

My last post lol..... I did some research and found out the old version of TWRP has problems on 4.4 so you might have to update TWRP to the lastest version in order to flash zips on 4.4 kitkat. There's a post somewhere around here that mentions it and has a guide that tells how to install the lastest version...

Last edited:

jithumon

Mar 6, 2013
New Delhi

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

My last post lol..... I did some research and found out the old version of TWRP has problems on 4.4 so you might have to update TWRP to the lastest version in order to flash zips on 4.4 kitkat. There's a post somewhere around here that mentions it and has a guide that tells how to install the lastest version...
I think you are right....because I never tried that. I just assumed

bluegreen343

Jan 28, 2013
Hey guys... Lol I ended up using wugsfresh root toolkit to get to stock 4.3 then used cyanogenmod installer :)