[Q] battery leakage?

Search This thread

true2you

Dec 21, 2007
brussels
Hello guys,

As the title says, I too am running into some battery trouble (shocker, I know). I'd like to point out that first I did my research in the HOW+ forums + faqs. So, here's the situation:

Today with 80% of battery i played sonic dash for 45min. After that It shows 40% left. I shut down the phone. Put it in the freezer for 5mins (why not?) then turned it on again. Then it shows less than 16% at startup.

Two weeks earlier i used Navigon gps for 1hour on a full battery, after that i had 50% left. Restarted the phone and it showed 40% and afterwards started going down fast as hell in 1 hour without me turning the screen on. Seriously, at the end I had the 4 low battery alerts in a quick row (14%, 9%, 3%, 1% and then shutdown in 5-10minutes).

I bought the phone in march and used it heavily at first. I was all about thd games (which all push the phone to its limits) + occasional big downloads + uzipping heavy files. Then later i calmed down and mostly used the phone in the evenings before sleep: loads of browsing + youtube + emulators (which, all three combined, don't drain the battery that much even after a long time).

The phone has been rooted for 1 month. I'm still on stock rom. I greenified most of the processes (like every apps and games except viber, tango, whats app skype, line, twitter, facebook, vine) and froze (with titanium backup) google+, gmail,chrome, htc tips, play books, play movies, play kioske, play music, htc tips, htc watch.

Here is my question : do you guys think i should try some battery recalibrating or should replacing the battery do the trick? Or maybe there's nothing to do and the one x+ is just doomed in that area.

In one month I am going to Japan for a couple of weeks and I'll be needing a lot of my HOX+ so I sure wouldn't want to spend money on a new phone (with the next gen devices right around the corner) or on a pricey mugen external juice case. Any piece of advice or info is welcome.

Thanks in advance for your time guys.

Last edited:

KickYaAzz

May 2, 2013
Wattenscheid
Hey dude,i had similary problems with my battery.i tried everything from flashing special customs to battery doctor apps/widgets stock rom.but nothing solved the problem.only one thing,a replacement part for 23€ from ebay.the battery its selfs.
Sorry for my english,i'm german and mine is not so good.
Hope it is useful for u

Sent from my HTC One X+ using xda app-developers app

Reactions: true2you

true2you

Dec 21, 2007
brussels
Hey dude,i had similary problems with my battery.i tried everything from flashing special customs to battery doctor apps/widgets stock rom.but nothing solved the problem.only one thing,a replacement part for 23€ from ebay.the battery its selfs.
Hope it is useful for u

Danke.

So you say you had the battery replaced. May I ask if you did see a significant difference once the new battery was installed? Also im curious, after how many months did you replace it and how heavy were you using your phone before?

Again, thank you, much appreciated.

jogirider

Apr 11, 2013
I've had similar issues with my battery. It has definitely gotten worse as time goes by. I did however just get a response from HTC about what to do about the quick battery drain when my phone hits 15%.

This is what they said:

I apologize for this behavior that you are having with the battery on your HTC One X+. The culprit in this situation is not the battery, it is the charging logic. Therefore, I advise you to recalibrate the battery/charging logic with the following steps:

1. Charge the device for at least 10 minutes
2. With the device truly OFF while still being plugged into the wall outlet, push in and hold volume up and volume down AND power button, for 2 minutes.
3. Let go. Device will boot up, and battery/charging logic are re-calibrated.

I cannot test this as the current ROM I have can only do a soft reboot, thus I cannot shutoff my device. Hope it helps at least a little.

true2you

Dec 21, 2007
brussels
I've had similar issues with my battery. It has definitely gotten worse as time goes by. I did however just get a response from HTC about what to do about the quick battery drain when my phone hits 15%.

This is what they said:

I cannot test this as the current ROM I have can only do a soft reboot, thus I cannot shutoff my device. Hope it helps at least a little.

Thank you, I will try this method and report.

ivicask

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
May 25, 2009
Zagreb
Rapid drain from 15% -> happens most of the times to EVERYONE, its not individual phone problem..

So unless HTC's calibration method doesn't help just need learn to live with it :/

Candlemass

Feb 13, 2009
Athens
Rapid drain from 15% -> happens most of the times to EVERYONE, its not individual phone problem..

So unless HTC's calibration method doesn't help just need learn to live with it :/

I suffer a lot from this issue (rapid drain from 15%->0%).
I think the battery capacity is measured/reported wrongly by the OS, because battery stats app measures the battery at 1832mAh (fully charged), not 2100 which is supposed to be... :confused:

Screenshot_2014-02-08-09-03-34.png

Last edited:

geojoking

Jan 14, 2012
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
I had this problem and I left the phone at the service for a warranty change of the battery.

They've changed it and I must admit that the problem has been resolved. I can now see how the battery drains step by step: 15, 14, 13, 12, 11 etc. It does seem to last a bit more now, maybe half an hour.

ivicask

May 25, 2009
Zagreb
I had this problem and I left the phone at the service for a warranty change of the battery.

They've changed it and I must admit that the problem has been resolved. I can now see how the battery drains step by step: 15, 14, 13, 12, 11 etc. It does seem to last a bit more now, maybe half an hour.

I shattered my phone screen, and send it to service, and i told them about battery problem, now they replaced battery, and earpiece speaker as i had low volume, will see how it works after i get it back in 3 days.

/\/\

Jan 17, 2014
The battery bug was introduced in the only update for HOX+, everything was fine before the update. It starts mostly after a few days without a reboot. One time I've had theoretically more than 40% battery level, while in the next hour my phone wouldn't even start because of empty battery. Recently I was goofing around with Tasker. When the battery level showed 20%, my phone shutdown.

Did anyone test the recalibrate thing? Can someone explain me how am I supposed to hold 3 buttons for 2 minutes :)?

ivicask

May 25, 2009
Zagreb
So got my hox+ from HTC back now, with battery replaced, and now its working properly, listening music since 14% -> 1% for like 45 mins and turning screen here and there to change track, and phone turned OFF after being few minute on 1%.

Not to mention battery lasts about 20-30% longer now, hope it holds like this :)

Candlemass

Feb 13, 2009
Athens
So got my hox+ from HTC back now, with battery replaced, and now its working properly, listening music since 14% -> 1% for like 45 mins and turning screen here and there to change track, and phone turned OFF after being few minute on 1%.

Not to mention battery lasts about 20-30% longer now, hope it holds like this :)

Thanks for the info!!
Did you relock the bootloader/return to stock before sending it in, if it was unlocked?
And did the relocked bootloader raise any issues with the warranty?

mbh017

Dec 10, 2010
Hi everyone,

I have exactly the same problems that what has been told before... (Very bad battery life, specially when I'm using 3G data... and when the battery is under 20%, the phone stops completly only few minutes after...)

(My HOX+ is on ViperX+ but before I flashed this rom the problem was the same...)

I tried to do a recalibration of the battery but it didn't solved the problem...

I also tried the HTC instructions listed on the topic before, but it absolutly changed nothing.

My HOX+ is still on waranty but I ordered a new battery to change it by myself (I don't want to change the rom and relock the phone to send it on warranty, I prefer to do it by myself...), and the battery (annonced as genuine) cost about 26€ on Ebay delivered ($35 approximatly)...

I will come back here to tell you if it solved the problem! :)

/\/\

Jan 17, 2014

Let's talk about this in the next month... :)

/\/\

Jan 17, 2014
Small update about this.

I contacted HTC support and told them about this bug. Of course one of a consultant's suggestion was "factory reset" and "repair it", as always ;). But he suggested to wipe android cache via recovery. I did this 10 days ago with no hope this will help, but so far it is working. It seems as if the battery percentage goes quicker up when charging and the level shows now correct values. I will wait one or two more weeks to see if this really solved the issue. So far, it might have been simply luck :).

I asked HTC's consultant also about the "hold three buttons while charging to calibrate battery" trick. He said that this trick is not present in their fix database. Weird.

I found this trick on another android website
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ht...g-red-while-charging-rapid-battery-drain.html

It looks as if it is not a safe solution?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hope it is useful for u