[INFO] UK Prices and Disscusion ONLY

Search This thread

HooloovooUK

May 25, 2007
I hear ya. Can I ask what network you're on. My problem is only options for me are VF or O2 due to network coverage where I live. Typically see much better deals with 3 & T-Mobile but can't go with them for reason above.

Yep, that's a T-Mobile deal.

I have to say T-Mobile has been the best coveragewise for me (Birmingham area) and it's even better now with the Orange network share.

A friend on Vodafone has nothing but trouble with coverage. I was on O2 a while back and coverage was ok but their billing errors and service were shocking.

I guess I'm lucky - T-Mobile easily offer the best value for money and their coverage is excellent for everywhere I've ever needed it.

Sinbad_NI

Mar 12, 2011
Just bough sim free & unlocked from a Vodafone store for £425.

Very very happy.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

Reactions: Deeko1

marc.tulley

Jul 16, 2010
London
I'd recomend my route if you want to save a few £s.

Find one on ebay from someone a drivable distance away.

Email them explaing the crazy fees they will have to fork out when the auction ends (Postage, listing fee to ebay, sale fee (10% up to £40 max) and paypal fees of around 3.5%) Then make them an offer which will save both of you money.

E.g. I saw the GN for £480. After deductions he would have made £414. I offered him £430 Cash , picked it up that day.

Just an idea.

Sinbad_NI

Mar 12, 2011
519fed83-f6d2-c5ab.jpg

Wonder is this standard Vodafone price. If so it's got to be a good option.

Deeko1

Dec 1, 2009
Edinburgh
Ohhh yes. Can take a picture of phone + receipt later.
Wondering if they maybe put it through as a Nexus S. Don't care. Sweet.

Woohoo!! I just legged it to the nearest store and bagged one for £425 too! :D Took a bit of persuasion as they only had two left and wanted to keep them for contract sales mind you!!

Thanks for the heads up!!

Cheers,

Derek.

StuMcBill

Feb 13, 2010
Got mine from O2 online (call centre) and got it for £450, they said its a deal for existing customers!

Sent from my Amiga 500 using Workbench

=ColdFire=

Apr 1, 2012
Any good ways of getting the phone people have seen?

I'm thinking Amazon, (£399), with a £10 monthly rolling contract from Three.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    O2 Pricing is here guys

Hi all, I have been watching this thread for a while but finally have something good to contribute....

Just been into my local O2 store and had a chat with their manager. He confirmed that the Nexus will be in this week (Thursday is expected of course) and also gave me a print out of pricing. I have split it up here:

24m contracts -

IMG_20111114_195618.jpg

18/12m contracts -

IMG_20111114_195647.jpg

Simplicity/no contract (and proof it is from O2!)

IMG_20111114_195712.jpg

Taking those pictures would have been so much easier with the GN's panaramic mode!

So, no real surprises. It costs £500 off-contract, the same as 3. The manager also told me that it would be network-locked. So much for networks not interfering with Nexus phones. ;)

Anyway, perhaps I will see some of you there at 9:30 on Thu!
    RT @googlenexus: Galaxy Nexus is landing in the UK! 8am at Phones4U, or over the coming days from O2, Three, or Vodafone. http://www.google.co.uk/nexus/

So again, a veiled hint that there is some exclusivity deal with Phones4U.

Just been on the phone to O2 and they havent arrived and theres no tariffs in their system...

Been advised to call back after 1pm as they'll have a delivery at around midday
    Just got off the phone with upgrades at O2. I'm a gold customer if that's going to influence anything, but they told me they have the Galaxy Nexus in stock, with a 1-2 working day delivery time.

Asked about 12 month pricing, as that's what I'm interested in; got these in response:

600 minutes
    Unlimited texts
    500MB data
    £42 pcm with £224 upfront

300 minutes
    Unlimited texts
    500MB data
    £37 pcm with £249 upfront

200 minutes
    Unlimited texts
    500MB data
    £32 pcm with £254 upfront

100 minutes
    500 texts
    500MB data
    £27 pcm with £274 upfront

I'd suggest anyone who has called and been put back, tries again until they get someone competent, or fancies asking whether this is currently only available to upgrade/certain levels of customer upgrading.

(PS suffice to say, I have mine being delivered in 1-2 working days ;) )

Update: Wewp!
    10paibm.png
    Outcome of disscusion with phones4u customer service (pay monthly contract):

Jenny W says:
    I am sorry about the delay with the stock, there has been a further update that states all orders for the Nexus will be delivered pre 9am on the 18th November, again I am really sorry about the delay.

All good things comes to those who wait. Just have patience and you will get your phones soon enough :)

Mark.
    I don't think you can actually...

Source

Somebody must physically complete a form in the UK and have it certified by UK customs, I also think they need to sight the goods in most cases.

And I don't think you can do a VAT free transaction to a UK address... :(

Because it's being handled twice I don't think there is a way around...

That links for people who have been in the UK and are leaving with the goods http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channels...ertyType=document&id=HMCE_CL_000130#P103_7314 is more relevant in this case.

From looking through it you can get a third party to handle it as long as it is exported within 3 months, the gods aren't used before export etc.