[GB/JB] ***Feralab*** Discussion Thread - Break The Limits...

Do you want Ferat to make a Rom / Firmware that looks and feels like Xperia Z3 / Z4?

• I don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

unrealsms

Oct 18, 2011
OK, Fera ? Do i have to format my sd Card before installing this rom ?

I've installed v.14 from the beginning, following the instructions. I have unlocked bootloader and using the recommended doomkernel.

Rom installs quickly, without any issues.

I just install two games at the very beginning - real racing 2 and reckless racing 2.
And here start the problems - i got stuck at the game menu !

I already tryed another rom (DIXPERIA) with these game releases and there are no problems.

No idea what to do and why this happens !

jvx300

Dec 23, 2010
Awesome ROM!

Just wanted to let you guys know I installed the rom last night, so far I did not have any FC or WLOD, everything just works evens maps & places. Very impressed! Make sure you follow the instruction, format everything (except SD card) then run the install. Good luck! :D

nanodroid

Nov 18, 2010
Fife,UK
The only thing I can think of for people having issues with locked bootloader is that either they are not flashing the kernel properly/it doesn't flash properly itself or the kernel doesn't work or just that this rom doesn't support locked bootloaders.
Are you not supposed to see doomkernel logo once you change the kernel instead of Sony Ericsson logo?
[Rom instructions frmo Fera]
(If locked bootloaders having problems in installation, then Mount ALL partitions in recovery (in partitions menu)).
- Patiently wait till Rom installs. Don't rush. It will take about 3 minutes to install. Then reboot.Do not reboot your phone here
- If you are on locked bootloader then boot into xRecovery and install kernel now (without booting rom!) and reboot.

So basically flash kernel straight after flashing rom don't let the rom boot after the rom installation,flash your kernel

If this doesn't work then go and have a holiday:eek:

Reactions: asepsfirdaus

sambro

Feb 12, 2012
Osijek
sorry, but the gallery does not open. written out load but then the screen goes black and no image appears

Maybe you did something wrong while installing. Even if you didn't, and the problem still persists after a few reboots, go to recovery, wipe everything except sdcard (cache, system, data, dalvik), mount them in the partition menu and reinstall the ROM again (following the installation procedure to the letter, so flash kernel as well). Gallery works for me.

--------------------------------

How could you open the gallery. It keep getting stuck at Sony Logo

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24763597&postcount=3541

i have install v14 successfully! i am amaze by what it can do! but i notice that the lockscreen is missing! is it just me?:confused:
oh and the camera doesnt seem to work! when i open it it give a black screen with all the touchscreen keys but i cnat see any image and i cannot go back and have to restart my phone

Same answer as in the first question. ROM probably didn't settle well.

How can people manage to not get the lockscreen, that is very weird.
I got a freeze+reboot after selecting messaging. Is that a kernel issue? or sdhould I just lower the frequency to 998? I am using v14 but the first ver.

Re-flash everything again. Try flashing only kernel first, if it doesn't help, try non-overclocked version. If the problem still persists, do the installation procedure again. Same answer as in first question, in that case.

P.S. I would recommend flashing the second version. First had slight issues that have been fixed in second.

---------------------------------

Last edited:
Reactions: aval1392

javagreen

Aug 10, 2010
Dombivli
The only thing I can think of for people having issues with locked bootloader is that either they are not flashing the kernel properly/it doesn't flash properly itself or the kernel doesn't work or just that this rom doesn't support locked bootloaders.
Are you not supposed to see doomkernel logo once you change the kernel instead of Sony Ericsson logo?
[Rom instructions frmo Fera]
(If locked bootloaders having problems in installation, then Mount ALL partitions in recovery (in partitions menu)).
- Patiently wait till Rom installs. Don't rush. It will take about 3 minutes to install. Then reboot.Do not reboot your phone here
- If you are on locked bootloader then boot into xRecovery and install kernel now (without booting rom!) and reboot.

So basically flash kernel straight after flashing rom don't let the rom boot after the rom installation,flash your kernel

If this doesn't work then go and have a holiday:eek:

I assure you I was flashing everything properly, following the instructions down to the letter but it simply wouldn't work, always got stuck at the SE logo.

So I finally gave up and unlocked my BL, no problems there onwards ;)

nielneal

Jun 2, 2011
Mumbai
using v14 since last 5 hours...gng on perfect n god speed.....battery life is osm n everythng is working even star in messaging app.....smoothness and response r osm......everythng is perfect..........its heavan..........thanks a lot fera.....fabulous job......now the rom is complete

Reactions: zimmerAndy

sambro

Feb 12, 2012
Osijek
In case someone wants ICS theme (that is not currently available for this ROM through patching), you can install two programs from the market (play) that modify the appearance.

Go launcher EX
ICS theme (requires GO Launcher)

It won't be completely the same as in patch (e.g. background of the settings menu and the lockscreen), but it's the next best thing.

P.S. ICS Music Player works in this version. You can patch it through recovery (install custom zip).

Last edited:

zimmerAndy

Nov 19, 2010
using v14 since last 5 hours...gng on perfect n god speed.....battery life is osm n everythng is working even star in messaging app.....smoothness and response r osm......everythng is perfect..........its heavan..........thanks a lot fera.....fabulous job......now the rom is complete

hey pal you get a lot of thanks from feravolt he reaches his thanks limit so thank you in feras name!!!

prioxxx

Mar 8, 2011
Greece-Patra
Silly question but I have to ask!In my sd I don't have any ext.So I will flash the rom as OP said or I have to do something else with ext4?Please help

Patrikh_76

Mar 6, 2012
ekeby
This Rom is great. Thank you so much fera:). I have one small issue that I think had been up for discussion earlier, but I can't find it. Here goes, I can't send/ receive mms. Does anybody know how to fix it;-) thanks

Sent from my Xperia X10 using xda premium

martin050586

Oct 15, 2011
how can i have second partition? Link2sd says me cant find second partition in sd

thanks for all fera the rom works exelent in unlocked bootloader bo fc and super fasssstt

Sent from my Xperia X10 using

angelu6

Feb 9, 2012
:D

This Rom is great. Thank you so much fera:). I have one small issue that I think had been up for discussion earlier, but I can't find it. Here goes, I can't send/ receive mms. Does anybody know how to fix it;-) thanks

Sent from my Xperia X10 using xda premium
Do you have the APN of your network provider??
i think you have to for mms works

Reactions: Patrikh_76

sambro

Feb 12, 2012
Osijek
Gray background patch (the one from Fer v13.4) for v14:
http://bit.ly/I6Ez6U

Just flash it through recovery. There are no other changes yet, thinking of heavily modifying the theme, if I works out, I might share it. ;)

Attachments

• screen_20120412_1955.png
    screen_20120412_1955.png
    144.5 KB · Views: 69
  • screen_20120412_1956.png
    screen_20120412_1956.png
    133.5 KB · Views: 62
  • screen_20120412_1956_2.png
    screen_20120412_1956_2.png
    193.7 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

zimmerAndy

Nov 19, 2010
how can i have second partition? Link2sd says me cant find second partition in sd

thanks for all fera the rom works exelent in unlocked bootloader bo fc and super fasssstt

Sent from my Xperia X10 using

or do this first BACKUP youre sd on pc and then:

DO THIS
GO TO RECOVERY
DOOMS MODIFYED ONE
CMW
AND FORMAT F*CKING EVERYTHING

THEN
GO TO ADVANCED FORMAT EXT4 PARTITION ON SD
THEN MAKE FIX PERMISSIONS
THEN INSTALL ROM
DONE
swap size 0M

Reactions: martin050586

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everybody. v11 will be a bit delayed cuz i'm a bit busy and i have toi study and feeling a bit thick and also i want to fix all bugs and due to i'm still trying to import lockscreen music widget. but rom is already rocking. new beautifull effects and overall view.. trying to make it stable with all the things it have also doing some experiments with kernel and bttery. was reading linux wiki a bit).
    about the discussion of my rom.
    I don't f***ing care what you say about it.First and first of all I make this rom for myself..to make it loved by me firstly, because when you do something for yourself, you will do it much better then for anybody else... so after i make any version for me), i juxt share it with you.. share with my work... but of cours i don't make it completely for me. I'm reading every post and try to make this rom good for all (including me) using your suggestions and wishes..watching to your bugreports. and i want to thank you all for that.Of course after every release i'm being nervous reading every post refreshing the page and waiting for users reactions..if they like what i've done or not. and of cource i'm getting sad when see that someone is not satisfied or got wlods for ex... or simply can't install properly...and also i'm gettig happy and glad when i see happy people. i like to make people happy...not sad... and not only with making roms... in real life...just go and smile to the stranger outside and make him a bit happy. So I share my work with you not to make you sad. some peaple when flash rom..start to find firstly bugs..not it's advances..and they start to think that's buggy rom withiout continuing to try. I wanted to leave xda and i already left it...but for one day :D cuz i miss you guys and i miss my work..i like the thing i do and it gives me some kind of pleasure..and every work you do with love will be a good work.
    In v11 there will be superb sound improvement...f***ing cool design and animations. keep trying to port Pdroid and make charging led to off on full charge. also keep trying to port media plyer lockscreen widget...xperia s keyboard and mms bug fix(keep on trying to fix) and more and more tweaks and improvements. so please be patient..this release gonna be i thenk the best i ever released... so it will take time to test it and improve. hope you like it. thank you.
    v20 Final ready
    Juiced my brain and made some great end in Gingerbread series

I will leave xda somewhere in 10th June so now lets rock :cool:
    the rest time will be for ICS and CM7 and then I go)...have to work somewhere cuz I will damn die here) need some money :D
    Testing rom now and when will say DONE! - then its DONE :D
    Change log of v20 will die with me when time comes :D:D so..
    But I think you all will notice the changes by your own ;)
    Believe me its big) all is fixed and updated..

Have fun and be happy)
    Thanks for using FeraLab
    Hi there Fera Fans & Friends!
    I've succeeded in buying a nice, good working X10 for our Great Developer Master Fera :cool:
    I payed already the price of 71+4,90 € & as soon as I have it, I'll post it to Istanbul, so Fera can do what he's best of doing with this X10!!!
    If you like You can donate something towards me & be part of helping Fera ;getting back his beloved X10
    PayPal account: jseehaus@gmail.com

Best regards
    To Everyone

This is the introductory video for Feralab :D
    Feel free to comment on it

If you like than hit thanx....
    wtf...

If you're asking yourself or me...WTF maan? why your rom is paid... I will tell you here...
    If you say that paid rom is not a good idea and you always make or download rom for free..i will say that it is your business.. Also rom will be free for all in 3 days from release.
    v13.5 version of my rom was a realy hard work. I made some unique for stock roms things in this version and it was pretty hard to do but I succeed. So firstly please respect my efforts. The other reason is...that rom is extremily stable and fast...the perfect rom... I think you can remember my previous paid rom..it was also very cool.. and i dont make sh*t paid.. i make it paid only if it realy deserves it.
    The other and mostly main reason is that i'm poor..realy... i'm a simple student studying abroad alone ...4000 km far from my home and i can't work here somewhere in mc'donalds cuz they asking turkish passport which i don't have sure.. I extremily need money. I hoard it for my plane ticket which is very expensive.. (529 f****ng dollars) and it is very big miney for me..my family is not rich also...my mother is housewife and my father is simple carpenter..and we have 3 children(including me :)) and the only reason i could study abroad is my brain and efforts..otherwise..i couldnt study at all..
    So please respect my work..if you don't have money or can't donate just wait 3 days..not so much..

Thank you very much...have fun.
    FeraVolt.