[Q] [Help] Stuck on Clockwork Mod 4.0.0.2 [Wiped everything off?]

Search This thread

robinboelens

May 8, 2014
Hey XDA,

I'm a complete noobie when it comes to rooting/unrooting and all that.
My phone (Galaxy S2) was on Android 2.3.5 and it was acting slow and draining my battery.

I tried to fix it but after everything I was getting frustrated and tried to update it to the latest version.
Samsung Kies did not recognise my S2, but it did recognise my girlfriend's S3.

My problem started when I tried to put the SimpleUpgradeTool that Samsung provided onto my phone, everything worked, but during the installation, it said 'Error occured'. The phone died and now I'm stuck with a phone which doesn't turn on (Stuck on Samsung S2 screen with Yellow Exclamation Mark) and if I press Volume + Power + Home Button, it starts up the Clockwork Mod 4.0.0.2)

My phone isn't recognized by Odin or Kies now. =/

My question is; is my phone fixable? As far as I'm aware, the only thing on my phone at the moment is the Clockwork Mod.
I can't access anything else.

If any of you could help, that'd be very helpful. I've got something in 2 days and it'd be amazing if I could use my phone before then.

Last edited:

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
First, boot into recovery (the 'Volume + Power + Home Button' thing) & try a factory reset. If the problem persists, the only way you're fixing it is by flashing a stock rom with Odin.

As you can't seem to get your PC & phone to recognise each other, you need to find Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General, and do as many of the troubleshooting steps in that thread as many times as you need to until you get a successful flash of stock.

This is the only way you'll be fixing your phone for your 'something in two days'.

robinboelens

May 8, 2014
First, boot into recovery (the 'Volume + Power + Home Button' thing) & try a factory reset. If the problem persists, the only way you're fixing it is by flashing a stock rom with Odin.

As you can't seem to get your PC & phone to recognise each other, you need to find Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General, and do as many of the troubleshooting steps in that thread as many times as you need to until you get a successful flash of stock.

This is the only way you'll be fixing your phone for your 'something in two days'.
First of all; thank you so much for replying!
I tried to 'jump start' my phone. Success! (I guess?) It's in Download Mode now.
After trying Odin v1.8.5 it recognised my phone and I downloaded a normal stock kernel (is that what it's called?)
Anyways; this happened:
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> GT-I9100_XEU_I9100XWLP7_I9100XXLPS_I9100XEULP5.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Can't open the serial(COM) port.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Should I try it again or do you have any other advice?

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I advise you to follow the advice I gave you in my previous post - Hopper's thread is 'the Bible' for these situations, and you need to go through as much of the stuff in his thread as many times as you need to until you get a successful flash.

We're not there with you looking over your shoulder seeing what you're doing right/wrong, so the best we can do in this situation is give you the tools the get the job done (I.E Hopper's thread), the rest is up to you.

Reactions: TheImpossibleEnemy

robinboelens

May 8, 2014
I advise you to follow the advice I gave you in my previous post - Hopper's thread is 'the Bible' for these situations, and you need to go through as much of the stuff in his thread as many times as you need to until you get a successful flash.

We're not there with you looking over your shoulder seeing what you're doing right/wrong, so the best we can do in this situation is give you the tools the get the job done (I.E Hopper's thread), the rest is up to you.
EDIT: Dear MistahBungle; I wish I could kiss you right now, as you've sorta helped me through out, after trying it a few times it gave me the 'Hello' blahblah menu and I could input my e-mail again.
God, I hope I never have to go through this again.

Last edited:

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Trust me, you don't want to kiss me. That will probably make you very ill.

OK. So I take it that means you got a successful Odin flash, the phone rebooted after the flash, and took you to the phone setup screen you get when you input your Google account details, the timezone, etc, etc ?

Good.

And the best bit ? You fixed it yourself.

robinboelens

May 8, 2014
Ha ha lol......sounds like you have a fan there @MistahBungle :D:D
And @robinboelens.....feelin that satisfaction yet?:D:):D:)

My wife says I'm a phone geek....She's probably right :):D
Honestly, I was stressed out and it took me all afternoon. It was just going downhill from the start untill I saw the light.

I still have 2 problems;

1. The phone acts like it is plugged in ALL THE TIME. I have had this problem for months, it kept looping the MTP initializing to MTP connected without me plugging it in. I believe this is part of the reason why I had such a massive battery drain problem.

2. When my phone is off and not plugged in; whenever I try to turn it on it shows the battery screen (as if it is charging) and it won't go on.
Sometimes this problem is persisted and it will start saying that it's overheating, but popping the battery out + plugging it in will fix this problem.
Very annoying.

Any ideas?

keithross39

Aug 22, 2012
Oxford
The fact that you have completed a successful odin flash kinda rules out a software issue....I guess the problems you are having now are similar to the problems you were having before the flash?
That being the case, I'd start to look at hardware......
The MOST common part to fail on the S2 is the USB port and board assembly....
The range of fault symptoms caused by this part failing *can* (but not always) include phantom charging/connection indicators.
If you click on my profile, you should come across "my topics"....
And there you will find a guide on replacing this part.....it's easy and cheap to do....but make sure you read it ALL......including the bit about rev versions.....VERY important to get that right.....

My wife says I'm a phone geek....She's probably right :):D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Trust me, you don't want to kiss me. That will probably make you very ill.

OK. So I take it that means you got a successful Odin flash, the phone rebooted after the flash, and took you to the phone setup screen you get when you input your Google account details, the timezone, etc, etc ?

Good.

And the best bit ? You fixed it yourself.