[Q] Unlocked bootloader razr xt 912. Bricked.

Search This thread

Ritwiz

May 9, 2014
hi
i have a razr xt912 with an unlocked bootloader which i have eventually bricked.
it was running GB 2.3.4 when i got it so it was of no use to me because i am not in US and the region lock was not letting me use it. I found out that when verizon upgraded to ICS and JB they locked only the the CDMA frequency and outside US it can be used on GSM band. i researched for some time and got to know that a GSM patch can be flashed to make it work and to do that i need to root it and install a custom recovery. Then following happened:
i installed droidrazrroot and rooted my phone and did a factory reset, after which i couldn't found the custom recovery app that got installed so i installed the safestrap ver. 3.73

-When i rebooted my phone it stuck with a tangled and faded screen of the safestrap and when i tried to exit it whole screen went black.

-I did lots of factory reset and what all i could think but there was no result.
-so i downloaded matts utility ver. 1.4 for restoring.
-Meanwhile i lost my battery so i made a factory cable out of a Samsung USB cable by connecting its pin 1 to pin 4 and its working.

-when i tried to restore using matts utility ver. 1.4 some error installation of "emstorge" started (it failed).

-and when i entered the recovery menu after the process completed it showed error of not able to find the partitions of "cach" "system" etc. have attached a pic.

- i also ran matts utility version 1.8 and 1.7 for some hope of getting back but nothing happened even after the whole procedure was complete.

-i again ran ver. 1.4 but it was stuck to the same thing.

When i was doing all this i noticed that my device has an unlocked bootloader.
is there anything that i can do to restore this device.??:(

Attachments

• IMG_20140508_085334_076.jpg
    IMG_20140508_085334_076.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 506
  • IMG_20140508_085646_986.jpg
    IMG_20140508_085646_986.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 491
  • IMG_20140508_090041_564.jpg
    IMG_20140508_090041_564.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 455
  • IMG_20140508_090457_651.jpg
    IMG_20140508_090457_651.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 395

Draxin

Mar 31, 2012
Oregon
hi
i have a razr xt912 with an unlocked bootloader which i have eventually bricked.
it was running GB 2.3.4 when i got it so it was of no use to me because i am not in US and the region lock was not letting me use it. I found out that when verizon upgraded to ICS and JB they locked only the the CDMA frequency and outside US it can be used on GSM band. i researched for some time and got to know that a GSM patch can be flashed to make it work and to do that i need to root it and install a custom recovery. Then following happened:
i installed droidrazrroot and rooted my phone and did a factory reset, after which i couldn't found the custom recovery app that got installed so i installed the safestrap ver. 3.73

-When i rebooted my phone it stuck with a tangled and faded screen of the safestrap and when i tried to exit it whole screen went black.

-I did lots of factory reset and what all i could think but there was no result.
-Meanwhile i lost my battery so i made a factory cable out of a Samsung USB cable by connecting its pin 1 to pin 4 and its working.

-when i tried to restore using matts utility ver. 1.4 some error installation of "emstorge" started (it failed).

-and when i entered the recovery menu after the process completed it showed error of not able to find the partitions of "cach" "system" etc. have attached a pic.

- i also ran matts utility version 1.8 and 1.7 for some hope of getting back but nothing happened even after the whole procedure was complete.

I noticed when you mention the things you have tried, it is always with Matt's utility, have you tried good ole' RSD lite?

Ritwiz

May 9, 2014
I noticed when you mention the things you have tried, it is always with Matt's utility, have you tried good ole' RSD lite?

the problem is whenever i try to download the firmware required it stops after few hundred mb's last one stopped after downloading 400 mb:(
Is there any other link apart from the "sbf.droid-developers.org"??
And also which version should I download:confused:

neo.ank

Apr 28, 2011
the problem is whenever i try to download the firmware required it stops after few hundred mb's last one stopped after downloading 400 mb:(
Is there any other link apart from the "sbf.droid-developers.org"??
And also which version should I download:confused:
You need to google it.Sbf.droid has always worked for me (for more than one phone), so can't suggest another.For the version. Try JB 4.1.2. That is the last update for Razr that works.

However, since your device is BL unlocked, it got me thinking, might be a chance that you somehow changed your mount points or have deleted those partitions. There aren't many unlocked Razrs so can't say for sure.

mabry

Feb 25, 2012
Austin, Texas
hi

Can you PLEASE tell us how you ended up with an unlocked bootloader?

Ritwiz

May 9, 2014
You need to google it.Sbf.droid has always worked for me (for more than one phone), so can't suggest another.For the version. Try JB 4.1.2. That is the last update for Razr that works.

However, since your device is BL unlocked, it got me thinking, might be a chance that you somehow changed your mount points or have deleted those partitions. There aren't many unlocked Razrs so can't say for sure.

is there anyway of making those partitions??:rolleyes: