50Gb Dropbox Upgrade Free Promotion

Search This thread

Code4U

Aug 9, 2014
Tested and working perfectly. Very simple procedure. First remove your dropbox.apk and wipe its data.Then install the dropbox.apk below but do not open it.Next just flash zip below and reboot .Then just log into your db account and wait for an email confirmation. Mine arrived in about a minute.

Attachments

• Dropbox.apk
    3.4 MB · Views: 2,193
  • DB_Upgrade.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 2,188

Code4U

Aug 9, 2014
It's a promo from an acer tablet. It's just a framework file and two apks. They are needed for the promo offer. If you actually look around. Every year dropbox offers this on selected new devices.
The DB servers check for the framework and app with promo codes. Once checks are verified. Then they will give you 48gb free for 2 years.

Last edited:

jot82

Oct 19, 2013
I already got 48 GB by purchasing the Samsung S4 Active, don't know if it's some special promotion within Germany or for everybody. Just start Dropbox (maybe only in StockROM?) and you will get that extra space in Dropbox (also if you change to other ROM later).

But note that you have this only a limited time... when you click into Settings -> Account (I hope it's named like this in English) you will note that your "earned rewards" section will tell you something like "will expire 6/8/2015" (I bought my phone about a year ago)

trainfire

Mar 30, 2014
Brekstad
Hi. Is stock rom required? Got the google version from Spegelius and it didn't work for me

Last edited:

Code4U

Aug 9, 2014
The framework used for the promotion may be your issue. Im on stock so maybe its needed.

frvjum

Dec 26, 2011
Does this work with any android device?

Does this work with any android device? I plan on using it on a galaxy s2 i9100

Last edited:

frvjum

Dec 26, 2011
It doesn't work for me

It does't work for me, says "E:signature verification failed" while trying to flash the zip file, any ideas? I'm trying on a stock Galaxy SII i9100

Well Done!

Works perfectly thank you so much @Code4U ! Followed the directions to the letter, everything went smoothly.

Update: I tried this on my Pantech Burst so I could give my gf's DB account the 50 GB too. It worked perfectly again. This phone is running CM 11 and I flashed the zip from ClockWorkMod Recovery v 6.0.5.0. So IMHO, it shouldn't matter if you're not on stock, just make absolutely sure you clear all of the dropbox app's data off your phone before you try this. (Run a root enabled file explorer, search your entire device for "dropbox" and delete anything you find).

It does't work for me, says "E:signature verification failed" while trying to flash the zip file, any ideas? I'm trying on a stock Galaxy SII i9100

Have you tried disabling signature verification in the settings for whatever recovery you are running? I'm on SafeStrap which is based off TWRP, there's a checkbox toggle to enable/disable signature verification on the install screen, I made sure that was not selected before I flashed this.

If you're using CWM there's a an option "toggle signature verification", selecting this will let you know if signature verification is enabled or disabled. Ensure that it is disabled, and try flashing again.

Last edited:

rockinwaggy

Feb 17, 2015
This worked for me on a stock and rooted i537 on NH3. I signed in after flashing the files and installing the app. I didn't get a popup about it, but I did get an email about the increase.

Thanks for the mod/tip!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tested and working perfectly. Very simple procedure. First remove your dropbox.apk and wipe its data.Then install the dropbox.apk below but do not open it.Next just flash zip below and reboot .Then just log into your db account and wait for an email confirmation. Mine arrived in about a minute.
    It's a promo from an acer tablet. It's just a framework file and two apks. They are needed for the promo offer. If you actually look around. Every year dropbox offers this on selected new devices.
    The DB servers check for the framework and app with promo codes. Once checks are verified. Then they will give you 48gb free for 2 years.
    100 GB Free 2 Years For OneDrive

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I found a similar hack for OneDrive. For those who don't know, OneDrive is Microsoft's cloud storage (like Dropbox, Google Drive, or iCloud), if you have any Microsoft account (if not, it's free) you can set up your OneDrive, it's basically a free 15 GB of cloud storage. With this thread I'm going to link to, you can put an additional 100 GB on your OneDrive (albeit for 2 years only). It boils down to this:

1) Uninstall the OneDrive app if it's already installed
    2) Download the zip in the thread to your phone, extract, and move the folder to /system/app/ with a root-enabled file explorer (ES File Explorer and Root Browser have always worked for me)
    3) Set the folder's permissions to rwxr-xr-x (0755) and the apk file's permissions to rw-r--r-- (0644)
    4) Reboot and start the app, login and it should prompt you about the 100 GB promotion, obviously accept. This means you'll have to turn on camera upload (so preferably do this on Wi-Fi) but as soon as you get the quota increased toast notification, you can turn camera upload off again without issue

All credit goes to zachchen1996, I'm just trying to pass it along in what seemed like an appropriate thread:

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s6-edge/themes-apps/app-pre-installed-onedrive-note-5-130gb-t3180129

For what it's worth this worked both on my Galaxy S4 Active (SGH-I537), Galaxy Tab 4 (SM-T530NU) and my Galaxy S5 (SM-G900T), the latter two being on CyanogenMod 13, testing multiple OneDrive accounts. Also I'm not a paid schill or anything like that, just a cloud storage enthusiast.

@Code4U if you're still on here, by all means put this link in the OP
    Works. Thanks.
    Works

Awesome - worked perfectly for me with sony xperia sp and cm11 rom :)