[THEME]How we can make Background for all Tabs (MANILA V3).

Search This thread

nanoo-eg

Aug 27, 2008
Cairo
I will try to explain how we can make backgrounds for all tabs for the new manila V3.

First from all we choice a wallpaper which can give good looking at portrait and landscape mode.
Wallpaper must be dark color (Black, dark Grey, Blue dark e.t.c) because the light fonts let a line to look at the background.

We edit the wallpaper with photoshop.

PORTRAIT MODE

Our wallpaper for Portrait must be in PNG and to have dimensions:
480 width X 768 length
We cut the wallpaper in two pieces because at this manila we have 2 files for it.
The upper part must be 480X512
and the down part 480X256
so as 512+256=768 which is the length of our wallpaper.

The next step is to put them pictures in new transparent PNG files.

The Upper part we put in a transparent 512X512 png file, like at the pic follow, and we give file name, the name of the manila file: 70083a29_manila.png

Yellow line is to look how you placement the picture in the new transparent file.

The down part picture we put in a new png file 512X256 like at the follow picture, and we give name 77feee1d_manila.png

LANDSCAPE MODE

Wallpaper for landscape must have dimensions 800 width X403 length

We cut it also in two pieces.
Left part must be 512X403 and right part 288X403
so as 512+288=800

We put the left part in a new transparent png file with name 29cff4fe_manila.png 512X512 with name like at the follow picture:

The right part we put also in a transparent png file 512x512 with name
058acf31_manila.png like at the follow picture

We put the 4 pictures in a folder and we import this folder at the M9Editor

You can find M9editor Here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=464984

We convert the 4 picture files from png to qtc with editor. Press the button P>Q
Automatically, editor will make 4 manila files.

After that if you know make those files a CAB or copy paste at the windows folder with overwrite and soft reset.

Before you paste the new files at the windows, keep a copy from the original files so as to come back if you want.

AND DON'T FORGET: TAKE A BACKUP FROM YOUR DEVICE BEFORE.

I hope my post will help you to manage your wallpapers

Last edited:

aabye

Nov 9, 2008
What? No more being fed by the spoon? ;)

Thanks for the tutorial. Definitely will give it a go.

Fedron

Dec 14, 2008
Very Cool tut. I went straight to test it. Everything worked fine but.... in my case (Dutty HD V2 XTREME ROM) there is no 70083a24_manila.png, I found a 70083a29_manila.png. So I just changed the name it worked.
The only problem now is that le background picture is like covered with a 20% of opacity black layer, strangelly the portrait version is not affected by the same behavior......
Weird....

Did you check the interlaced option when saving the pngs?

bgumble

Dec 27, 2008
oneplus.net
Great Job, BIG THANX!

...The only problem now is that le background picture is like covered with a 20% of opacity black layer, strangelly the portrait version is not affected by the same behavior......
Weird....

Just tested - no difference between interlaced & non-interlaced in .png

The landscape is good, the portrait is like a 20% of opacity black layer (c pics).

nanoo-eg

Aug 27, 2008
Cairo
Very Cool tut. I went straight to test it. Everything worked fine but.... in my case (Dutty HD V2 XTREME ROM) there is no 70083a24_manila.png, I found a 70083a29_manila.png. So I just changed the name it worked.
The only problem now is that le background picture is like covered with a 20% of opacity black layer, strangelly the portrait version is not affected by the same behavior......
Weird....

Of course it is my mistake. The correct name of the file its 70083a29_manila.

From the moment which portrait and landscape are different files, you can fix all the problems in photoshop so as you have the best quality for every mode.

Great Job, BIG THANX!

Just tested - no difference between interlaced & non-interlaced in .png

The landscape is good, the portrait is like a 20% of opacity black layer (c pics).

The same fix it in photoshop.

kieboy

Dec 5, 2008
Regina
Has anyone experienced my dilemma, I am having a very thin line between these two pics, (highlighted in red box) can you try it with those plain black or yellow background colors and see if you get the same, otherwise its something im doing wrong. landscape is ok on the other hand. its not that obvious, but I notice it and it irritates me :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 269
  • Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 183

nanoo-eg

Aug 27, 2008
Cairo
Has anyone experienced my dilemma, I am having a very thin line between these two pics, (highlighted in red box) can you try it with those plain black or yellow background colors and see if you get the same, otherwise its something im doing wrong. landscape is ok on the other hand. its not that obvious, but I notice it and it irritates me :D

Default [THEME]How we can make Background for all Tabs (MANILA V3).
I will try to explain how we can make backgrounds for all tabs for the new manila V3.

First from all we choice a wallpaper which can give good looking at portrait and landscape mode.
Wallpaper must be dark color (Black, dark Grey, Blue dark e.t.c) because the light fonts let a line to look at the background.:):rolleyes:

kieboy

Dec 5, 2008
Regina

Wallpaper must be dark color (Black, dark Grey, Blue dark e.t.c) because the light fonts let a line to look at the background.:):rolleyes:

LOL! Now that you made ur fonts bold, I saw that you have already mentioned this hahah thanks again. :D

jtf420

Jun 21, 2008
Kyiv
HTC One (M8)
HTC One (M9)
is there any other way to convert PNG > QTC .. i'm having a hard time with m9editor as it crashes every time with "memory corrupt" error :(

found a solution.. using CFC 0.46 to replace files

Last edited:

Fedron

Dec 14, 2008

Yep I have the same thin line here in portrait mode.
Wallpaper must be dark color (Black, dark Grey, Blue dark e.t.c) because the light fonts let a line to look at the background.
Actually I don´t understand very well this part, the fonts are the reason why we have the thin line? And Kieboy's background is almost black and he have the thin line problem...So the darkness of the image is not the solution...

jtf420

Jun 21, 2008
Kyiv
HTC One (M8)
HTC One (M9)
"the thin line"
as far as i understood it's because of the way the image was trimmed. There's a missing pixel(visible in the screenshot) which amounts for the black column.it's happening when we paste the trimmed piece to the blank transparent 512x512/512x256 png.Aligning the png's respectively with each other (left png aligned right, right to the left) made the thin red line disappear.
does it mean that in photoshop we gotta add a pixel more width(trimming for landscape mode)? or we trim by the recipe but salt it(align) it to our taste!?

Last edited:

kieboy

Dec 5, 2008
Regina
"the thin line"
as far as i understood it's because of the way the image was trimmed. There's a missing pixel(visible in the screenshot) which amounts for the black column.
aligning the png's respectively with each other (left png aligned right, right to the left) made the thin red line disappear.
does it mean that in photoshop we gotta add a pixel more width(trimming for landscape mode)? or we trim by the recipe but salt it(align) it to our taste!?

right to left, left to right? err...i think my thin line appears in the 'Portrait' mode not landscape... :D

jtf420

Jun 21, 2008
Kyiv
HTC One (M8)
HTC One (M9)
right to left, left to right? err...i think my thin line appears in the 'Portrait' mode not landscape... :D

for potrait.. push the upper image down a pixel.. lower image up a pixel..

logic : make sure (zoom in 200%photoshop while creating the png) that there's no missing pixel row(portrait mode)/column(landscape mode) It's all in alignment.

Nanoo-eg told us to align it likewise..he marked it up with yellow lines. but we all (with thin black line issues) have seemed to miss it

THANKS Nanoo-eg!

Last edited:

nanoo-eg

Aug 27, 2008
Cairo

logic : make sure (zoom in 200%photoshop while creating the png) that there's no missing pixel row(portrait mode)/column(landscape mode) It's all in alignment.

Nanoo-eg told us to align it likewise..he marked it up with yellow lines. but we all (with thin black line issues) have seemed to miss it

THANKS Nanoo-eg!

I think this will solve the problem.

Naw there is Mun_ras CAB, but it isn't possible to customise your backround like we make manual.
So if someone can make it manual, its match better.
I like MUN_RAS cab but from 20 wallpapers I can use only 2 as well.

I prefer the classic black looking of the HD (blackston :)), so I think to make a theme for my self, with other Portrait background and other landscape. I need more business looking at the portrait mode.

jtf420

Jun 21, 2008
Kyiv
HTC One (M8)
HTC One (M9)
i think the way around isn't working. sorry for so many posts and misguiding. but each post is after a try. and it all has failed! :(

trying to increase a pixel while trimming the pieces.. hope it helps!

checkout the screenshots to see the failed attempt

Last edited:

kieboy

Dec 5, 2008
Regina

THANKS Nanoo-eg!

So you mean with a 512x512 upper image, I will push down, resulting to the top part missing a pixel? (granting image was cropped exactly) or you mean that the lowest pixel 512 must have the pixel line found in 511? (confusing? lol) and vice versa. THANKS!