[Q] Casio Commando G'zOne 4G LTE C811

Search This thread

Lprchn

Dec 28, 2012
So, the first Casio Commando G'zOne was a very tough phone. Came stock with Gingerbread 2.3 and no recovery, only a hard reset option. Surprisingly it was quite popular.

Now, the new Casio Commando G'zOne 4G LTE is available stock with ICS 4.0 and will be attracting many consumers. Unfortunately, I don't know if it has it's own recovery or not.

Wanted to know if anyone has got one and if it has it's own recovery or not (aside from the stock hard reset option).

Also, any devs looking into creating a custom ROM for this device? I'd be highly interested in any information on a custom ROM for this device! Thanks!!

AGoogleUser

Dec 14, 2012
Harmony
So, the first Casio Commando G'zOne was a very tough phone. Came stock with Gingerbread 2.3 and no recovery, only a hard reset option. Surprisingly it was quite popular.

Now, the new Casio Commando G'zOne 4G LTE is available stock with ICS 4.0 and will be attracting many consumers. Unfortunately, I don't know if it has it's own recovery or not.

Wanted to know if anyone has got one and if it has it's own recovery or not (aside from the stock hard reset option).

Also, any devs looking into creating a custom ROM for this device? I'd be highly interested in any information on a custom ROM for this device! Thanks!!

I'm using one right now. There is no button combination to get into recovery. However if you do get into recovery via commands or toolkit you cant navigate to any options.

Sent from my C811 4G using xda app-developers app

Lprchn

Dec 28, 2012
I'm using one right now. There is no button combination to get into recovery. However if you do get into recovery via commands or toolkit you cant navigate to any options.

Well snap, I was anxious to see some custom ROMs for the device.

AGoogleUser

Dec 14, 2012
Harmony
I did I quick Google search and found some links to people fining a way to root but since they cant navigate in recovery they cant load a ROM. Maybe someone can flash a recovery with fastboot or adb.

Reactions: Lprchn

AGoogleUser

Dec 14, 2012
Harmony
Although I do love the wallpapers on the phone!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378510315827.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378510315827.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,285
Reactions: Lprchn

Lprchn

Dec 28, 2012
Well I hope someone can figure this out. I would myself, unfortunately I've got limited experience.

I'll pass along the information you provided. Much obliged!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: AGoogleUser

xmguy

Sep 18, 2009
McMinnville, TN
I found a root method on another forum. If rules allow I can link them here. I'm looking at getting the commando 4g too. I root all my phones so searched endlessly. However the phone has few threads. Since most devs have high end phones like Galaxy S4 and Note 2 etc.

Sent from my (Verizon) Samsung Galaxy S4 using the XDA app!

Lprchn

Dec 28, 2012
If I had the phone, I'd root it myself and create an informative thread. Should have it by next year if my buddy gets it and allows me to tinker with it lol.

Looking forward to more insight on the matter!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: RandomPooka

RandomPooka

Oct 14, 2010
Kent, OH
OnePlus 8
Just saw this phone on the VZW site and droooooooled. I'm in construction, so the rugged phone appeals to me far more than all the high end hardware phones do.

Is stock ICS on it functional, or buggy? I'm thinking about picking it up on the EDGE pay as you go plan, but I was curious about usability during the time when I'm trying to root/recovery/flash the thing. It's been a while since I've done much custom ROM building, but if I can get a working recovery, it would be worth trying to build CM10.2 for this

AGoogleUser

Dec 14, 2012
Harmony
Just saw this phone on the VZW site and droooooooled. I'm in construction, so the rugged phone appeals to me far more than all the high end hardware phones do.

Is stock ICS on it functional, or buggy? I'm thinking about picking it up on the EDGE pay as you go plan, but I was curious about usability during the time when I'm trying to root/recovery/flash the thing. It's been a while since I've done much custom ROM building, but if I can get a working recovery, it would be worth trying to build CM10.2 for this

Its got its visual lag but overall it preforms well. It has great battery life and takes neat slow motion videos. Camera is a bit grainy for 8mp.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

rabitting

Jan 14, 2013
ICS OK but how about jelly bean

Its got its visual lag but overall it preforms well. It has great battery life and takes neat slow motion videos. Camera is a bit grainy for 8mp.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Got one for my wife and it is OK but wifi is buggy, Love to see CWM port and some custom roms with jelly bean.
Easy to root I have seen but need recovery. Hopefully CASIO comes out with a OTA.

RandomPooka

Oct 14, 2010
Kent, OH
OnePlus 8
Koush used to have a generic recovery cooker on his website. Plug in the mount points for system, data, cache, and boot along with some other stuff (I can't remember what offhand) and it spits out a recovery for your device. Might be worth looking into

Reactions: AGoogleUser

CrazyCommando

Oct 14, 2013
I did I quick Google search and found some links to people fining a way to root but since they cant navigate in recovery they cant load a ROM. Maybe someone can flash a recovery with fastboot or adb.

I'm a noob to the world of all things root I have the original commando the is the m140 root impossible. I'm considering the C811 Commando2 is it root capable All I really want is to be able to remove the bloatware Verizon is likely to put on there. Would that be possible?

RandomPooka

Oct 14, 2010
Kent, OH
OnePlus 8
http://builder.clockworkmod.com/

This is the one I was thinking of. If any of you are rooted and have the information required here, make a backup up the recovery partition and give it a shot. What's the worst that could happen, you restore the backup? This is assuming you CAN read and write to the recovery with adb/fastboot.

motumbo

Aug 7, 2010
I bought c811 as a second phone to use it in a gsm network, everything works perfectly out of the box but phone is rejecting all incoming calls, I've read exactly the same is happening to people using phone in Canada gsm networks and with at&t sim cards. I've rooted the phone and I've disabled all Verizon bloatware but no luck.
Any clue about this will be highly appreciated.

Sent from my GT-I9295 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Doctoror

Nov 11, 2012
Lviv
Can anyone please share stock C811 ROM or Clockworkmod backup?

Edit: no longer I need it.

Last edited:

RandomPooka

Oct 14, 2010
Kent, OH
OnePlus 8
Please read the entire thread, where it's discussed that there are no known recoveries or roms for this device. I don't have the means to buy one outright, so I can't actually attempt anything with it

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

And that's not even a guarantee that I'd end up producing results. It just means that there's someone willing to attempt dev work on it

cata86

Nov 7, 2013
casio commando 4g lte italy

Please read the entire thread, where it's discussed that there are no known recoveries or roms for this device. I don't have the means to buy one outright, so I can't actually attempt anything with it

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

And that's not even a guarantee that I'd end up producing results. It just means that there's someone willing to attempt dev work on it

I i'm new on this forum and i need some help on how to root a casio commando 4g lte to use it in italy or whit another operator.
Can some one help me ??

tnx to all

Doctoror

Nov 11, 2012
Lviv

I'm running rooted C811.
Clockworkmod can be downloaded here. Note: don't flash root from that page.
Obtain root from UnlockRootPro.
CA-201L Root and Recovery

Last edited:
Reactions: motumbo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I found a root method on another forum. If rules allow I can link them here. I'm looking at getting the commando 4g too. I root all my phones so searched endlessly. However the phone has few threads. Since most devs have high end phones like Galaxy S4 and Note 2 etc.

Sent from my (Verizon) Samsung Galaxy S4 using the XDA app!
    Have you managed to install custom recovery?
    Do you have the password to download recovery at your link?

Sent from my C811 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yes. The password is: xdamobile
    Motochopper absolutely does root M040 and installs Superuser. Too many on other forums (including myself) have successfully done this. I'm not sure what the issue is that you are having, but it is an isolated incident.

and this is what i thought glen! over at AF.com i thought everyone was using it to root, but i havent used it myself :-/

Try this:
    Download this mediafire.com/?az6qo5znf416e6x
    save in Internal SDcard
    Go to phone settings - Backup & restore -> Factory data reset->Reset phone->Erase everything. That should lead you boot to recovery.
    Then Install zip from sdcard >choose zip from sdcard-> go to choose that file-> yes. Reboot and you are done!

youd need to have a custom recovery installed for this to work man.. if you had that. rooting wouldnt be an issue at all, as you could just flash a rooted nandroid backup..
    You have any luck with it? Does anyone know if there's a fastboot type connection available to dump device block partitions and/or restore them?
    see in http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2136738

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

Dear all,
    today I got that jewel directly from the Sud Korea market.

The hardware version of my model is CA-201L_V3A.M01... does it is new? And the Android version onboard is the 4.0.4.

I tried to upgrade the system but when I did that I received that message: It is not possible to update it because of the roaming inside now. :confused:

I am connected by using a WiFi connection and I have also tried with a 4G SIM... same issue. How can I fix it?

The application suggest to use the SDCard upgrade... but where should I find it?

Thanks for your support and have a nice day,

Try to flash with rom here tinyurl.com/kan8h6o.
    Casio lock LTE band at LTE 700, you can't use LTE band if your operator doesn't use this frequency
    Although I do love the wallpapers on the phone!