[App][4.0+] CloudMagic - The beautiful email app that works with all email accounts

Search This thread

ashwinsadeep

Mar 31, 2012
Bangalore

An award winning email app for your Android phone and tablet. Works with Gmail, Exchange, Yahoo, Outlook, iCloud, Google Apps, Office 365 and any IMAP account.

Feature List

● Works for all types of email
Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Outlook, iCloud, Google Apps, Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, AOL and other IMAP accounts.

● Instant push notifications for all types of email services
Doesn't matter which email service you use, CloudMagic uses the power of cloud to send you reliable push notifications.

● Connected with your favorite tools
Complete all your work right from the Inbox. Salesforce.com, Zendesk, Pocket, Evernote, OneNote, Trello and MailChimp integrated with your email for quick actions.

● Unified Inbox
One inbox for all your email accounts.

● Complete support for Microsoft Exchange
Support for Exchange 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013 (ActiveSync, EWS and IMAP)

● Reminders for important emails
Set reminders to follow up on time sensitive emails.

● Lightning fast, powerful email search
Search across all your mailboxes in one go. Use the smart search suggestions to quickly get to the email you need.

● Easy on battery and data
Emails are pushed from the cloud instead of constant polling

● Passcode lock
Secure your data further by adding a passcode lock.

● CloudMagic in your language
Available in French, German, Russian and Spanish.

● Support for Android Wear

What's New in v6.1.28

● Support for drafts is finally here!
● Material Design for all devices.
● New compose experience will help you focus on the email you’re writing.

1.png

2.png

Last edited:

cyansmoker

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 18, 2010
Los Angeles
nexus.zteo.com
Really? We never had any hiccups while adding exchange accounts. Can you send us the logs from your device? Open CloudMagic > Go to settings & tap on Send Diagnostic logs. We'll take it from there.

OK. I had to use another account to get into the app itself. I then tried to add my exchange account and upon failure went back to the settings screen and sent a diag message.

knickoptik

Sep 26, 2011
IMAP Account

Hi there,
I'd like to use an IMAP account where my email adress in NOT equal to the username used to login to the server.
Is this possible? I wasn't able to get it running...

Dovidhalevi

Jun 26, 2012
Looks quite nice--possible alternative to the K9 I have been using since getting Android. I do have a pop3 account which gets fed into my own imap server. If that is not available, I might want to get to it directly.

Search capability is great but would want to integrate with other (google now) phone search options. How large is the index. Maybe the option to place it on an sdext partition would speed it up and ease your server load (not to mention security).

jdhas

Sep 22, 2010
Boston, MA
Great looking app! :good:

Some suggestions if I may:

Give the user a choice of email address in setting up their CloudMagic account. The first email address I added was my work account, mostly to see if your app would work with my archaic Exchange server setup (it does!), but now my CloudMagic account is tied to my work account, which is highly undesirable.

Display and sort through nested folders and subfolders in Exchange. I have a folder hierarchy in my work email that can go 5 to 6 folders deep. In CloudMagic, all the folders are listed in one long list.

Desperately needs the ability to multi-select emails for read-status toggling, archiving, moving, and deleting.

Looking forward to watching this app develop!

Last edited:
Reactions: czar_au

deox91

Nov 25, 2010
I really hope that this app can replace Moxier Mail on my phone!

But I can't use it as long as there is no textbox in the Exchange settings where I can define manually my device type..

This is essential for my company (don't ask me why, I have no idea!)

Is it possible for you to add this little feature?

Thanks in advance :good:

Last edited:

kimusan

Dec 5, 2006
I am having the exact same problem with IMAP as others have mentions - IMAP account where the username is not my email address (actually I have almost never encountered setups where that is the case).
Also it would be nice if you could make it possible to set SMTP user/password+port

derekbelrose

Nov 6, 2013
Privacy concerns?

* Why can't you add more than 3 accounts?
CloudMagic creates a high performance index of your emails on the cloud to offer blazing fast search on mobile. We incur high server costs, hence the restriction. Moreover 3 email accounts are good enough for most users. Having said that, we are continually working on reducing our costs and in turn pass on the benefits to you.

How is this data indexed? Is it encrypted? Single master key? Can we opt out of this indexing service? I'd prefer not having my email indexed by yet another cloud service.

ashwinsadeep

Mar 31, 2012
Bangalore
Hi there,
I'd like to use an IMAP account where my email adress in NOT equal to the username used to login to the server.
Is this possible? I wasn't able to get it running...

I am having the exact same problem with IMAP as others have mentions - IMAP account where the username is not my email address (actually I have almost never encountered setups where that is the case).
Also it would be nice if you could make it possible to set SMTP user/password+port

The ability to add IMAP accounts which have separate username and email address is coming very soon. I admit, not having it in the first place was pretty short sighted on our part. But hey, we all learn from mistakes. Rest assured it is coming very soon.

As for seperate SMTP credentials, we are still investigating it's technical feasibility. Hopefully we can implement it in the short term.

raistlin74

Account currently disabled
Dec 12, 2008
GB
meettomy.site
Another important thing is to have tips during the TO: typing if using Exchange.
So if I start to write "rais" he will propose me "raistlin74" based on the Directory service and not on the received emails.

Thanks.

Cortical

Jul 11, 2011
@ashwinsadeep

Ah. If it's like this, forget about the email I just sent to hello@cloudmagic.com , consisting of a question concerning local-part-only IMAP logins and a convincing, yet a little bit polemic pamphlet for the addition of this feature and the correlating opening of market ... ;)

In other news: nice app, works - aside from the above - absolutely fine and looks just adorable!

ashwinsadeep

Mar 31, 2012
Bangalore
Another important thing is to have tips during the TO: typing if using Exchange.
So if I start to write "rais" he will propose me "raistlin74" based on the Directory service and not on the received emails.

Thanks.

Actually, we already have that feature. The app will auto suggest contacts for GMail, Exchange & iCloud accounts. In fact we have an awesome algorithm in place which will rank your contacts based on how often you mail them.

Is it not working for you? Please note that suggestions are based on the contacts only and not on the basis of sent mails. If you are still having any issues, just write to hello@cloudmagic.com.

Sep 7, 2012
This app looks awesome. I do have one question though. Is it possible to remove "Sent using CloudMagic" from the signature? I can manually remove it from the message before sending, but that can be a nuisance, and leaving things like this can look unprofessional. I don't want to deny the developers recognition and compensation, and would be happy to pay a reasonable fee for a pro version or something along those lines that would allow me to leave this line out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

An award winning email app for your Android phone and tablet. Works with Gmail, Exchange, Yahoo, Outlook, iCloud, Google Apps, Office 365 and any IMAP account.

Feature List

● Works for all types of email
    Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Outlook, iCloud, Google Apps, Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, AOL and other IMAP accounts.

● Instant push notifications for all types of email services
    Doesn't matter which email service you use, CloudMagic uses the power of cloud to send you reliable push notifications.

● Connected with your favorite tools
    Complete all your work right from the Inbox. Salesforce.com, Zendesk, Pocket, Evernote, OneNote, Trello and MailChimp integrated with your email for quick actions.

● Unified Inbox
    One inbox for all your email accounts.

● Complete support for Microsoft Exchange
    Support for Exchange 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013 (ActiveSync, EWS and IMAP)

● Reminders for important emails
    Set reminders to follow up on time sensitive emails.

● Lightning fast, powerful email search
    Search across all your mailboxes in one go. Use the smart search suggestions to quickly get to the email you need.

● Easy on battery and data
    Emails are pushed from the cloud instead of constant polling

● Passcode lock
    Secure your data further by adding a passcode lock.

● CloudMagic in your language
    Available in French, German, Russian and Spanish.

● Support for Android Wear

What's New in v6.1.28

● Support for drafts is finally here!
    ● Material Design for all devices.
    ● New compose experience will help you focus on the email you’re writing.

1.png

2.png

Can't help but wonder how this "high performance index of your emails on the cloud" is actually created. It wouldn't be by sending my (IMAP/Google/Hotmail) username and password to the CloudMagic servers, where it is stored (in plaintext?) and used to log in to my IMAP server to index my emails?

And this is a free service? I wonder how CloudMagic pays for their servers...

Anyway - I'd like to know a bit more about how this works before I'd consider installing this app.
    Hi Guys,

As promised, we have updated CloudMagic with an awesome new feature and some of your feature requests. With CloudMagic Cards, you can now complete your work without leaving your email. Take it for a spin and let me know how it goes. :)

As for those of you who are concerned about the security, we're not turning a deaf ear towards you, we are already hard at work on a brand new architecture which will not save any of your data on our servers. Although I can't commit to an ETA, you can look forward to seeing that in the next couple of months. I'll keep you guys posted on our progress regarding this.

Please chime in with your thoughts and suggestions. :)
    Privacy concerns?

* Why can't you add more than 3 accounts?
    CloudMagic creates a high performance index of your emails on the cloud to offer blazing fast search on mobile. We incur high server costs, hence the restriction. Moreover 3 email accounts are good enough for most users. Having said that, we are continually working on reducing our costs and in turn pass on the benefits to you.

How is this data indexed? Is it encrypted? Single master key? Can we opt out of this indexing service? I'd prefer not having my email indexed by yet another cloud service.
    @qazmi @tuhoops @MFaust @Cortical @CallumMarks77 @leonisk @shivindera @deejayburnout @Frask3r @hadi_rena

Guys,

You asked, we delivered. The new build is up, with an all new tablet interface and multi-select.

On top of that, you can now disable the "Sent from CloudMagic" signature. But we really hope you keep it. :)

Keep your suggestions coming. We are all ears. :)

PS : It might take a couple of hours for you guys to get the update, meanwhile feel free to download the apk off of the original post. Think of it as a little perk for being part of the community.

Cheers,
    Team CloudMagic