Whats the best Case for S4

Search This thread

jonapunk

Jul 8, 2010
clinton township
You can try the Otter box commuter best buy is matching the at Amazon direct prices I just paid 22.99 for mine

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

whitesides

Dec 23, 2013
I like my setup, minisuit bumper with orange battery door off eBay...
dyga6aqu.jpg

:silly: cool case. how much was it cost mate ? are there any other colors ?

mclaudio

Feb 12, 2010
Caldas da Rainha
I have the following cases for my S4:
- Otterbox Defender
- Otterbox Commuter
- UAG Scout
- UAG Maverick
- Cygnett Workmate Evolution
- Speck Candyshell mango/rasberrty
- Speck Candyshell white/carribean blue

I use the UAG Scout, and now the UAG Maverick the most from the cases listed above.
This doesn't mean that the UAG is the most protective case available or even the most protective case from my list above (I'd say the Otterbox Defender is the most protective case of the ones I've listed) But the UAG is the best case for my uses 99% of the time.
It is minimalist in design regarding lightweight and bulkiness yet it's design offers ample protection.
If I were to need a design offering more protection for those situations when I, or rather my S4 needs it, my S4 would be sporting the Otterbox Defender.

you have to try TECH21 impactology . for me it is the perfect case. i have tried a lot of them and i prefer this one
www.tech21.uk.com/

etbrannon

Dec 27, 2013
Bloomsburg
Yeeah! I love that!

You sir, have made me laugh.
[this is where the URL would be if I was allowed to use them, see original comment]

These cases are extremely nice, I'm looking into getting one myself after a bad experience with an INCIPIO case.

I actually just got one of these for my bf for Christmas. I must admit, I'm quite jealous now! I absolutely love it. The buttons feel really nice, not junky and cheap. Actually, the way the phone feels overall is great. A little better than any other case because this one is a little more square, thus decreasing the chances of it slipping right outta your hand. I highly recommend you to get this one! :good:

Jun 20, 2013
The Spigen is definitely a great case! but I ordered from Ebay and recieved a counterfeit (thicker and heavier, doesn't fit right)

Re-ordered from Amazon for about $10 more, and it was legit!

suoirotoN

Dec 29, 2013
I personally love the Eclipse Atom case. It has that cool re-routing the speaker to the front feature too!

nbf23

Jan 13, 2011
New Jersey
multiple cases

i have to say i have tried several cases, i always seem to come back to the otterbox defender. i own a lifeproof fre which is an amazing case but the microphone is essentially not functional at all with the case on or charging cover closed. working with lifeproof on a return to see if there is a case without the microphone issues.

i am currently using the otterbox commuter wallet which is a nice case that i received over the holidays....not sure if i will use it as my daily case though. so to respond to the best case, i would say the otterbox defender is my favorite

mdecker2626

May 10, 2011
Otterbox Defender vs. Commuter

I was on the defender case for a few months, but there is a strip opening in the top exposing some of the sensors - I found that interfered with the proximity sensor.

I switched to the Otterbox Commuter and have had it ever since. Has always been a decent case for me. I'm not sure if it's exactly the best but it works and I was disappointed that the defender messed with the proximity sensor.

Otterbox sent me an additional Defender after I filed a warranty claim, but I gave it to a friend. That one actually works fine for him so maybe it's a good option. The one I had definitely messed with the proximity sensor though, I tested the heck out of it.

Biker1

Oct 28, 2008
you have to try TECH21 impactology . for me it is the perfect case. i have tried a lot of them and i prefer this one
www.tech21.uk.com/

I've been looking at the Impact Mesh Clear for the S4.
I'm not sure though if it offers as much protection as the UAG cases.
I've read that the lip height is minimal, which concerns me regarding screen protection for face down drops.
I watched this video from 2011 where the guy is slamming his iPhone against the floor several times while it's in a Tech 21 case, but the case in the video appears to offer more protection than the Impact Mesh for the S4 does.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jw0Kky6sZCA&desktop_uri=/watch?v=jw0Kky6sZCA
I don't own the Impact Mesh so I really can't compare it to the UAG regarding its protection. The case and that D3O does look cool, but the protection it offers is important to me, or rather to my S4 :)
I have been searching for some real world use videos showing some drop tests, but so far I'm not swayed one way or the other regarding the Impact Mesh case.
I emailed Tech 21 regarding a couple of questions I had and am awating their response. Since that email, I have a couple of more questions as per the above.

mclaudio

Feb 12, 2010
Caldas da Rainha
I've read that the lip height is minimal, which concerns me regarding screen protection for face down drops.
I watched this video from 2011 where the guy is slamming his iPhone against the floor several times while it's in a Tech 21 case, but the case in the video appears to offer more protection than the Impact Mesh for the S4 does.
I don't own the Impact Mesh so I really can't compare it to the UAG regarding its protection. The case and that D3O does look cool, but the protection it offers is important to me, or rather to my S4 :)
I have been searching for some real world use videos showing some drop tests, but so far I'm not swayed one way or the other regarding the Impact Mesh case.
I emailed Tech 21 regarding a couple of questions I had and am awating their response. Since that email, I have a couple of more questions as per the above.

Hello there
from my experience, i had several cases before and i already tough they gaved me good protection...and they did (spigen for example), although i was always seeking for the right protection that did not make the phone look like a big brick...then i saw this tech21 with impactology technology.... to be honest i dont know if it works of not, but i gave it a change and bought one....the truth is that one day after start using it i felt really comfortable using it. it is slim and gives a good look to the phone...yes it is expensive...but i have broke me S3 screen before having the S4 :(

attached a photo of the cover i am using.
currently i am using it since 6 months ago without any problem and now bought also a tempered glass (you never know...)

i hope my experience can be helpful.

Regards

Attachments

• 20131230_102108.jpg
    20131230_102108.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 811
  • 20131230_102118.jpg
    20131230_102118.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 818
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This one: http://www.amazon.com/Premium-Fashion-Fairy-Samsung-Galaxy/dp/B00COVZV70/

Anyone who says otherwise is trying to mislead you.

Hello there
    from my experience, i had several cases before and i already tough they gaved me good protection...and they did (spigen for example), although i was always seeking for the right protection that did not make the phone look like a big brick...then i saw this tech21 with impactology technology.... to be honest i dont know if it works of not, but i gave it a change and bought one....the truth is that one day after start using it i felt really comfortable using it. it is slim and gives a good look to the phone...yes it is expensive...but i have broke me S3 screen before having the S4 :(

attached a photo of the cover i am using.
    currently i am using it since 6 months ago without any problem and now bought also a tempered glass (you never know...)

i hope my experience can be helpful.

Regards
    Diztronic black tpu case from amazon/ebay for me :victory: it's thin, has a good raised lip around the edges for a face down friendly design and paired with tempered glass screen protector, I feel I get very good protection.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81NVdFZRfJL._SL1500_.jpg

works well with google edition :)
    Another vote for neo hybrid. Still on the original one from when the phone first came out ?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

You sir, have made me laugh.
    http://www.spigen.com/brands/samsung/galaxy/galaxy-s4.html

These cases are extremely nice, I'm looking into getting one myself after a bad experience with an INCIPIO case.