[Q] Moto X display is heating up

Search This thread

sudhanshupatil

Jun 15, 2014
Mumbai
I've been using XT1052 for more then a month now. The display of my phone gets a bit hot on playing games(asphalt 8) or while charging. I know that any phone heats up while playing games but it should be just the backside, right? Is the heating up of the display normal or I am the one with a defective handset?

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
I've been using XT1052 for more then a month now. The display of my phone gets a bit hot on playing games(asphalt 8) or while charging. I know that any phone heats up while playing games but it should be just the backside, right? Is the heating up of the display normal or I am the one with a defective handset?

The Moto X is a very thin package. As such, all the internal components are positioned VERY close to one another. Your battery is a very short distance from the display as well.

It is very unlikely that you have a defective unit based on the symptoms you have mentioned.

Reactions: sudhanshupatil

sudhanshupatil

Jun 15, 2014
Mumbai
So the display heating is normal? Will it have any negative effect on the life of my phone?

Sent from my XT1052 using XDA Free mobile app

D

Darth

Most phones get hot playing high graphic games.

Will it hurt the phone? Doubtfully. But it will get hot....and of course your battery will drop like a rock. All normal. ;)

D

Darth

The display gets hot too?

Sent from my XT1052 using XDA Free mobile app
Mine does on high graphics games, yes. Navigating while charging too. As said....its a small phone. It'll all heat up.

If you're rooted...you can get a kernel that allows it and under volt a little....might help.

Or don't be too concerned. The phone will turn off of it gets too hot. That may indicate its had too much. Lol

nijom

Mar 23, 2012
Chennai
Mine gets heated up on charging at times (only when data ON) and also while playing Most Wanted... It's normal...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The Moto X is a very thin package. As such, all the internal components are positioned VERY close to one another. Your battery is a very short distance from the display as well.

It is very unlikely that you have a defective unit based on the symptoms you have mentioned.