[Q] How To Flash Stock Rom Onto HTC One

Search This thread

rh92

Jun 21, 2014
Hi, I am new to this website and have never adapted my phone before. I have searched through a number of threads on this forum but I am still unsure about how to modify my device, so I would like to ask for your help and a step-by-step list on how to do the following:

I have a HTC One (M7) on the EE (UK) network and I am currently on android 4.3 because EE haven't bothered to release 4.4 + Sense 5.5 yet and haven't informed anyone about when the update will be released, so I have no hope of sense 6 being released any-time soon and I am fed up waiting.

So, I would like to change my HTC One to an unlocked international version which can receive OTA updates direct from HTC instead of waiting for EE and I would like to also flash the STOCK International Sense 6 ROM onto my phone at the same time.

Current CID: ORANG001
Current Hboot: 1.55
Current Software Number: 3.63.61.1
Radio: 4A.21.3263.04
Locked Bootloader with S-On

I would very much appreciate any help you can give.

Thank-You

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Hi, I am new to this website and have never adapted my phone before. I have searched through a number of threads on this forum but I am still unsure about how to modify my device, so I would like to ask for your help and a step-by-step list on how to do the following:

I have a HTC One (M7) on the EE (UK) network and I am currently on android 4.3 because EE haven't bothered to release 4.4 + Sense 5.5 yet and haven't informed anyone about when the update will be released, so I have no hope of sense 6 being released any-time soon and I am fed up waiting.

So, I would like to change my HTC One to an unlocked international version which can receive OTA updates direct from HTC instead of waiting for EE and I would like to also flash the STOCK International Sense 6 ROM onto my phone at the same time.

Thank-You

Step 1: unlock bootloader at HTCDEV.com
Step 2: Flash custom Recovery TWRP 2.6.3.3
Step 3: Flash a custom rom and Get s-off

now your ready to convert your phone to developer or international edition

rh92

Jun 21, 2014
Step 1: unlock bootloader at HTCDEV.com
Step 2: Flash custom Recovery TWRP 2.6.3.3
Step 3: Flash a custom rom and Get s-off

now your ready to convert your phone to developer or international edition

Thanks for your reply, just wondering do I have to flash a custom rom or can it be a stock rom. If it has to be a custom rom which would you recommend. Also, what would I use to get s-off. Thank-You

Last edited:

squabbi

Jul 20, 2012
Sydney
Thanks for your reply, just wondering do I have to flash a custom rom or can it be a stock rom. If it has to be a custom rom which would you recommend. Also, what would I use to get s-off. Thank-You

It's best to be on the stock rom if you are already on one. Use firewater to s-off your phone and then convert to the developer edition.

Edit: a rom with an insecure kernel is best for s-off as clsa has mentioned below.

I have a YouTube tutorial for the conversion part if you'd like to see.

http://youtu.be/m2QaTWcdFGE

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida

It's best to be on the stock rom if you are already on one. Use firewater to s-off your phone and then convert to the developer edition.

I have a YouTube tutorial for the conversion part if you'd like to see.

http://youtu.be/m2QaTWcdFGE

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I normally recommend ARHD 31.6 because of the insecure kernel
The Stock kernel doesn't play nice getting s-off

rh92

Jun 21, 2014
So, after I flash ARHD 31.6 and then I s-off with firewater, how would I go about getting the phone ready to receive OTA updates direct from HTC for the UK unlocked version. (I would prefer changing to UK unlocked rather than the Developer version mentioned above)

Also, have you got a link to the version of firewater relevant for me. Thanks

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
So, after I flash ARHD 31.6 and then I s-off with firewater, how would I go about getting the phone ready to receive OTA updates direct from HTC for the UK unlocked version. (I would prefer changing to UK unlocked rather than the Developer version mentioned above)

Also, have you got a link to the version of firewater relevant for me. Thanks

Did you watch the video above ?
the important thing is changing the CID and MID to match what ever version you choose. Then flash that RUU

RUU M7 UL K44 SENSE55 MR HTC Europe 4.19.401.9 R Radio 4A.23.3263.28 10.38r.1157.04L Release 353069 Signed 2-1
File Size: 1.5 GiB - Downloads: 134409
MD5: 9ad4111ce86981e3dffcce6d9ee80551

Comments: modelid: PN0710000
cid: HTC__001, HTC__E11
HTC__102, HTC__203
HTC__405, HTC__Y13
HTC__304, HTC__032
HTC__A07, HTC__J15
HTC__016

Google.com => firewater

rh92

Jun 21, 2014
Did you watch the video above ?
the important thing is changing the CID and MID to match what ever version you choose. Then flash that RUU

Google.com => firewater

I did watch that video but i wasn't sure if that was the final step in order to receive OTA updates direct from HTC because I remember reading somewhere that you need stock recovery.

rh92

Jun 21, 2014
The Guru reset installs the Stock recovery all you have to do is choose it

So, the Guru reset is included in the RUU file, or is it a separate download? Also, do you know of any good links which have all the details I need to enter in the Command Prompt to do the following:

Flash custom Recovery TWRP 2.6.3.3
Flash ARHD 31.6
Get S-Off with Firewater
Change CID

Also, should I backup my current rom before I do anything and would I use the TWRP recovery to do that, if so how?
Also, on some things I have read it has mentioned something about Aroma, what is this and do I need it?

I know there is a lot of things here, Thank-You very much if you can help me with all of it.

Last edited:

ahmed blue

Jun 2, 2014

Thank-You

Beware of unlocked you will miss some system apps and then cant update ota