Copy caller Blacklist from my previous phone to OnePlus

Search This thread

lewisville

Aug 21, 2013
I was using Galaxy S4 before switching to OnePlus. I have blacklisted several annoying telemarketer phone numbers using the "blacklist" feature available on CyanogenMod.

How do I bring those over to OnePlus so that I do not need to start over again?

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
Isn't this feature built in? It should be under Settings -> Privacy -> Blacklist... I'm on a custom rOM so the option may be hiding in one of the menus. The feature is there though.

lewisville

Aug 21, 2013
Isn't this feature built in? It should be under Settings -> Privacy -> Blacklist... I'm on a custom rOM so the option may be hiding in one of the menus. The feature is there though.

The feature is there. My question is, I have blacklisted a bunch of phone numbers on my old phone. I do not want to restart that process all over again with OnePlus.

For example, if I had already blacklisted a number, lets say XXX-XXX-XXXX. When I start using OnePlus, that caller will still be able to call me as that number won't be in the blacklisted numbers on OnePlus

If I am missing something please let me know.

zephiK

Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
The feature is there. My question is, I have blacklisted a bunch of phone numbers on my old phone. I do not want to restart that process all over again with OnePlus.

For example, if I had already blacklisted a number, lets say XXX-XXX-XXXX. When I start using OnePlus, that caller will still be able to call me as that number won't be in the blacklisted numbers on OnePlus

If I am missing something please let me know.

You'd have to manually add those numbers in to be blocked. The method you're blocking their numbers is done by software, not by carrier.

lewisville

Aug 21, 2013
You'd have to manually add those numbers in to be blocked. The method you're blocking their numbers is done by software, not by carrier.

I know it is done by software. That information is already stored somewhere on my Galaxy S4. My question - is there a way to export these numbers and then import them in the Blacklist on OnePlus. Please let me know even if it means me manually exporting/importing those numbers. I do not know where they are stored else I would have tried it.

zephiK

Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
I know it is done by software. That information is already stored somewhere on my Galaxy S4. My question - is there a way to export these numbers and then import them in the Blacklist on OnePlus. Please let me know even if it means me manually exporting/importing those numbers. I do not know where they are stored else I would have tried it.

No there is no way to export/import them using the stock Blacklist. Insert them manually as I mentioned previously.
If you have a lot of numbers blocked, maybe its time for you to change your number.

lewisville

Aug 21, 2013
No there is no way to export/import them using the stock Blacklist. Insert them manually as I mentioned previously.
If you have a lot of numbers blocked, maybe its time for you to change your number.

okay. I was hoping that it was saved somewhere in SQLLite DB. Just wishful thinking I guess

zephiK

Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
okay. I was hoping that it was saved somewhere in SQLLite DB. Just wishful thinking I guess
Well I guess in that case, you should be able to carry it from ROM to ROM on your Galaxy S4 as well. For example, if you went from 1 ROM to the next ROM, you'd be asking yourself the same question. Could I export/import blacklisted numbers?

Alternatively, you can use a app to "block" numbers which will carry the data over. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mrnumber.blocker is one of them.