For those who cant get Orbot : Tor Project to work on your phone > READ THIS

Search This thread

lalahai

Aug 14, 2010
hey guys, theres actually an easier work around to listen to Pandora Radio outside the States, and it doesnt even require you to download Orbot.

Heres how, pop your phone's settings > Wireless & networks > Proxy Setting > set IP to 127.0.0.1 and Port 8118.

Voila! This should work like a charm, enjoy :D

lalahai

Aug 14, 2010
do you see a small check box down below the proxy settings saying "Use proxy only on wifi" ? Uncheck that if youre not using wifi atm, it should work after that :D

lalahai

Aug 14, 2010
if it still doesnt work, heres another alternative to it, but only applicable when ure using your mobile network instead of wifi.

Settings > Wireless & networks > Mobile networks > Access Point Names (APN) > under Proxy and port change it to 127.0.0.1 and 8118 respectively. It should work too, but only when ure using mobile network data :)

lalahai

Aug 14, 2010
guys, ive just found out that the 127.0.0.1 proxy server is somewhat "down" at the moment, that explains why it didnt work for you :)

guys, ive just found out that the 127.0.0.1 proxy server is somewhat "down" at the moment, that explains why it didnt work for you :)

127.0.0.1 is localhost, so it mean it redirect to your own device, and tor use the port 8118 so you are simply using tor more directly, it is possible that it work better but you still need to enable orbot...

As for your proxy down comment, I am not sure if you are seriously not knowing what you are doing or making fun of people... I hope the first statement is the correct one...

lalahai

Aug 14, 2010
dear p0or,

Fyi, it DID work for me, for like an hour, then it just don't anymore, so i've summed up that 127.0.0.1 is either down, or maybe just too many is trying to connect to it thru Tor, i know what im doing and what you're accusing is without base and i can tell that you have no basic computing / networking knowledge or what so ever.

lalahai

Aug 14, 2010
127.0.0.1 is localhost, so it mean it redirect to your own device, and tor use the port 8118 so you are simply using tor more directly, it is possible that it work better but you still need to enable orbot...

As for your proxy down comment, I am not sure if you are seriously not knowing what you are doing or making fun of people... I hope the first statement is the correct one...

and oh P00r, 127.0.0.1 does resemble a local host address, but apparently youre WRONG, it is what Tor Project using as one of their open proxy server's IP, and 8118 is merely a port that they open to listen to connections, ports don't work all by themselves. get your facts right before you come in and start trolling around.

kaediil

Apr 15, 2010
He is not wrong 127.0.0.1 is and always has been an alias for localhost. That address is unroutable on the internet.

-frank

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Skye Menjou

Jul 16, 2009
Oh my god...Someone actually thinks 127.0.0.1 is something else then localhost?
Networking basics..

flame10

Dec 26, 2009
I'm new to android, how are you guys getting the proxy settings, I don't find anything like that in my wifi settings ..

I'm running Froyo (shubcraft mod for HD2)

Cyda

May 12, 2010
and oh P00r, 127.0.0.1 does resemble a local host address, but apparently youre WRONG, it is what Tor Project using as one of their open proxy server's IP, and 8118 is merely a port that they open to listen to connections, ports don't work all by themselves. get your facts right before you come in and start trolling around.
I actually LOL IRL here and everyone in my office looked at me like I was odd.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

dear p0or,

Fyi, it DID work for me, for like an hour, then it just don't anymore, so i've summed up that 127.0.0.1 is either down, or maybe just too many is trying to connect to it thru Tor, i know what im doing and what you're accusing is without base and i can tell that you have no basic computing / networking knowledge or what so ever.

I've read some pretty dumb things on XDA before, but you sir have just taken the prize for most idiotic post(s) ever. Congratulations.
    Im mixing orbot tor with GaeProxy. You only have to download gaeProxy and set the proxy address to localhost:8118 (port of privoxy tor) and thats all!
    One question, I'used to use tor in desktop pc's, how could I edit torrc file to set proxys only for eeuu??

regards