Sep 11, 2007
For anyone who has tried this beta, does it support any of the following?:

1) Gapless playback
2) Support for replay gain
3) Crossfading

O_G

Retired Senior Moderator / Retired ET Admin
Jul 8, 2007
i think one feature that would make this a killer music player... that if its possible to restrict musics off one folder (eg. "Music") in the root of SD... this way i dont have to listen to machine gun and other android game sound fx on my media player... veryyy annoying..!!!!

You can change the music folder in the settings so it only shows music from selected folders.

I love this app, the only major issue i have is when i try to use it with my sony bluetooth car stereo. When i turn the stereo off and the headset disconnects the music keeps playing through the phone internal speaker. The htc player automatically pauses the music.

I also agree the widget needs some work it is far to basic. For a beta this is a great music player and when the headset disconnect problem is sorted i will use this as my main player.

adolfotregosa

Apr 22, 2005
You can change the music folder in the settings so it only shows music from selected folders.

I love this app, the only major issue i have is when i try to use it with my sony bluetooth car stereo. When i turn the stereo off and the headset disconnects the music keeps playing through the phone internal speaker. The htc player automatically pauses the music.

I also agree the widget needs some work it is far to basic. For a beta this is a great music player and when the headset disconnect problem is sorted i will use this as my main player.

i'm probably dreaming but finally someone who gives a damm about that feature !!! I'm exactly on the same page, when that is added it will be my main player.

also hope he adds gapless playback..

edit - i think the author had gapless on mind except it isn't perfect, but it is the best out there regarding gapless playback.

Last edited:

eozen81

Oct 4, 2010
Istanbul
OMG, it looks awesome guys, thanks a lot owziee

also rollercoastervj for youtube, videos are making us catch the moments easier than ever.

norkoastal

Dec 7, 2007
Bay Area
While were on the topic of enhancements for this awesome program...

This will be the hands down killer app if it can do the following....

Allow the bluetooth connected Wiimote to control the app once launched. Skipping songs, volume changes, pause, etc could all be controlled without looking at the phone at all. CM6 has the mouse capabilities intact (Evo owner), but the existing wiimote programs only input keyboard commands for emulators..

Willing to donate $20 to the dev of this feature..

MaxMP

Oct 21, 2010
Hi guys,
thanks for the beta-testing!

I'm the developer of the PowerAMP.
The version you tried is pretty early beta version, released only to one of the internal russian sites for some early limited core functionality testing . The next beta will include all the bells and whistles you mentioned here (like various sortings, better headsets support etc).

Early beta is important for devs as it shows how the app will work in general in so fragmented Android population.

The gapless playing and other audio processing related features are planned for 2.0 version, but not for the first release. Though, delay between the tracks introduced by player itself is minimal (esp. compared to other players).

el.dizzee

Jul 20, 2010
First off, I've gotta say that this is an amazing app! Still in beta and already one of the best music players out there!

I just have one question though (and forgive me if this has already been addressed somewhere or is obvious and I've just missed it): is there a way to disable the haptic feedback when pressing the menu button?

samrozzi

Jan 24, 2009
do you think you could put it in the android market. I like apps from the market because if the dev updates them, you know instantly and easier to keep track of

el.dizzee

Jul 20, 2010
Doesn't standard android setting (sound and display->haptic feedback) work for you? If not, what is your device/os version?
Thanks.

Yes, that does work for me but I'm not trying to disable ALL haptic feedback, just the one in poweramp. I find it kind of odd that it makes the phone vibrate for menu button presses. So far I've found that you can turn off the beep whenever pressing 'back' and 'next' from the lockscreen but no option to turn off vibration.

I'm using an HTC Legend running Azure 1.0.1 (a CM6 Froyo mod)

Jul 19, 2010
I just upload a video of the app to youtube. It is my first video so dont expect pro stuff :) Just a video of fingering around with PowerAmp :p

Wow thanks guys! I made the video just for a friend who has a iPhone and is a music lover but isnt satisfied with other gfx eq apps. I said to him that this is an app you could buy a new droid for! :p

I am so happy that everyone likes the video :)

@OP may be add this video or link to the post in the opening post so everyone can find the video.

@Dev thanks for this great app! I love u man :cool: Are you distributing newer betas for testing? And dude get a site up and running for this.. we want details!

cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MaxMP,

Looking forward to this player becoming the "foobar2000" for Android... But I have one suggestion:

ReplayGain support!

You already have a fantastic player that plays all three major formats that I use (Ogg-Vorbis, FLAC, and MP3). I consider myself a bit of an audiophile, so ReplayGain is what I use in order to keep perceived volume levels across my collection equal (I hate having to reach for the phone's volume control if a louder song comes on).

ReplayGain does this without changing the actual waveform (unlike normalization), it just stores two (or four) gain values as metadata. (Two values for each track, an additional two if you've scanned it as an entire album, which is handy if you're listening to an album which does not have gaps between songs -- like a DJ set or orchestral piece.)

You have a preamp process already, so applying the attenuation recommended by the RG tags should be a fairly trivial thing to implement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replay_Gain
    I've been using it for a while and its great!! If this is beta I cant imagine how good the final will be. I bet you browse the same site as me :D

I just got my first droid phone and i am looking for some awesome apps and ive noticed this site has some pretty strict rules >.< can you message me the link to the site you use?