How do I switch a rom?

Search This thread

weblinsolutions

Apr 12, 2014
Hi,

I have installed CloudyStock 1.3 ROM in my LG G2 and also installed simple kernel v1. I am interested switching to CloudyFlex 2.1 and how should I switch to Cloudyflex and also the kernel to normal one? Please help me.

Thanks

hellorenauldo

Sep 3, 2010
Fernandina Bch, FL
Well you switch pretty much the same way you install. Download the ROM of your choice and (since you're already on the kk baseband because you're using cloudystock) flash in recovery. Wipe from front to back and then flash the ROM (cloudyflex in your case). If you have intentions of maybe going back to a jb based ROM, simply flash the ROM of your choice and flash your device specific baseband/modem after the ROM or before you reboot (as I have been doing) and wallah, magic.

As far as kernels go, flash it as you did when you flashed cloudystock (assuming its designed to run with the ROM)

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

weblinsolutions

Apr 12, 2014
Well you switch pretty much the same way you install. Download the ROM of your choice and (since you're already on the kk baseband because you're using cloudystock) flash in recovery. Wipe from front to back and then flash the ROM (cloudyflex in your case). If you have intentions of maybe going back to a jb based ROM, simply flash the ROM of your choice and flash your device specific baseband/modem after the ROM or before you reboot (as I have been doing) and wallah, magic.

As far as kernels go, flash it as you did when you flashed cloudystock (assuming its designed to run with the ROM)

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

Your reply answered all my queries. Thanks! One last question will flashing the new rom make the kernal to the default one or I need to download the default lg kernel and flash it?