[Q] Star Z2 clone of Xperia z2

Search This thread

head_djmusic

Nov 20, 2010
Hi
There is a new phone in clone market named Star Z2 ! it,s good phone with Good Config !

is there any rom or custom rom or even CWM ot TWRP for this phone ?
have anyone tried backing up ROM on this phone ? i tried but i failed permanently because of CWM recovery !

anyone knows files like kernel or anything where would be found ????

Thanks in advance
Youtube link:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGgccaxJBbM
z2_black.jpg
z2_champagne.jpg

Dual Sim
Octa-Core MTK6592 1.7 GHz
5" HD OGS,IPS
8Gb ROM,2 Gb RAM
WIDI Support,OTG(Mouse,Keyboard,Flash)
Android 4.2.2
Magnet Flip Cover
MicroSD upto 32Gb
Removable Battery 2860 mAh
13 MP Back and 5 MP Front Camera

Last edited:

dieghito72

Jan 2, 2013
Hi,
I have the same phone and recently I've been in touch with the Italian distributor and they give me this link to the latest ROM:
https://mega.co.nz/#!uZp0wQaI!fHH2GD...wsTGsWKaaBoQaA

ROM must be flashed with spflashtools version 5.1343.01 or above.

Since you have this phone... I have an issue with bluetooth headset: the device is paired correctly and works fine (I can make and answer calls) but no operation is performed when I long press the headset button... I have both voice search and KLets installed but I cannot make any of them start when long press is performed, do you have any experience on this?

Thanks in advance.

biobio76

Feb 19, 2013
hi, can you please better write the MEGA link? it's incomplete...
also please be sure there is any encription for download.

thanks so much

Hi,
I have the same phone and recently I've been in touch with the Italian distributor and they give me this link to the latest ROM:

Since you have this phone... I have an issue with bluetooth headset: the device is paired correctly and works fine (I can make and answer calls) but no operation is performed when I long press the headset button... I have both voice search and KLets installed but I cannot make any of them start when long press is performed, do you have any experience on this?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: olasz69

head_djmusic

Nov 20, 2010
BT Headset

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

hi bro thanks for the link

i test with bh-503 and as u said everything works except phone calling by clicking headset button !

abub

Feb 2, 2013
Hi guys,
My phone bricked after flashing with this rom.
What should I do? I'm stuck :crying:

pedromap

Jul 24, 2013
Milton Keynes
for the roms and tools for Star Z2 can be found on "talkmobi" page you have to google search for it as i am unable to post links yet:

there are two sections you have to look at:

"rom download & flash guide" (top menu link + click on it) --- flash tools, drivers & tutorial get printer handy

and the second "fast card tech rom released july" (hover on the link above and a menu will apear after downloading the mtk tools and drivers from the link itself) --- on this list there is the official Star Z2 Rom do not forget to write down the 4 digit password you will need that code to unzip/unrar file as archives are password protected.

used them to unbrick my jiayu G3T now working flawlessly

good luck.

kisscool34

Mar 17, 2006
Hi pedromap, could you precise your talkmobi page please, didn't found anything about it on google !

Thanks !

pedromap

Jul 24, 2013
Milton Keynes
sorry guys out fo date info had to be removed***

now there are two pages with the afore mentioned star z2 roms they keep changing it

1st they moved the star z2 rom to the page:

www.android-mobile-phone-reviews.com/system-upgrade-root/fastcardtech-rom/
--- you need to reply to post so you can see the links i wish they stopped changing things it is annoying!!!

2nd there is another site that may be of interest:

www.needrom.com/category/star/z2-star/
-- you need to create a user account to download

Last edited:

pedromap

Jul 24, 2013
Milton Keynes
now back to the topic of Star Z2/Alps X3T

I am finding this phone very good and with good consistent Benchmarking scores

The only thing that is holding this phone back is the Firmware wold love to have a kitkat or Android L Roms available for it and an easy to install recovery for it.

The question is where can i find such things?

it is brilliant and the snap in cover that came with it is very good at protecting it from falls dropped it already 5x and still works and still looks good!!

JaMiskater

Jan 2, 2015
Tengda Z2 brick revival

Hey guys,

this ROM ( bit.ly/TengdaZ2ROM ) is actually a backup I found on 4pda.ru after I bricked my Tengda Z2 phone using the Star Z2 ROM I found here. It can be flashed using SP flash tool v5 or higher.

Another ROM link: needrom.com/download/tengda-z2-rom-backup/

There are two (or maybe even more?) versions of this phone. One has 1280x720p LCD and the second one (the one I received from Pandawill... sadly) has only 854x480p LCD... That's the reason why any Star Z2 ROM may brick your Tengda Z2. It's actually not bricked, but the Star Z2 has different LCD driver, so it's LCD is blank after flashing it.

Because it's someone's backup, use recovery or your Tengda's menu to perform data wipe/factory reset. I had wifi issue (there was no mac adress in my phone after flashing it), but the factory settings solved it.

There may also be a problem with your IMEI number, in that case, write your IMEI numbers down on a paper and then use this way to change them:

Get MTKDroidTools, use them to root your phone and installing the Mobile Uncle Tools (using the SuperUser button in MTKDroidTools) in your Tengda Z2. There is a plenty of howto's on the net or YouTube so I'm not going to write the whole process. It's really easy. When you're in the MTKDroidTools, I also recommned you to use "delete chinnese files" button, It will make your phone work smoother.

Then use this method (coppied from XDA, can't find the original thread so sorry):

1- Rooted MTK Smartphone
2- Mobile Uncle Tools from Google play store.
3- Install it and goto Engineer Mode
4- Select Engineer mode[MTK]
5- Under Connectivity Tab go to CDS information
6- Select Radio Information
7- Select Phone1 (for the first imei)
8- at the top there is a command line which begins “AT+” just type there “AT +EGMR=1,7,”IMEI_1″ (instead of IMEI_1 put your first imei number)
9- hit send command
10- You will / may get a confirmation that "sent to mSend".
11-Now come back and select “Phone2″
12-at the top there is a command line which begins “AT+” just type there “AT +EGMR=1,10,”IMEI_2″ (instead of IMEI_2 put your second imei number)
13-Then just reboot the phone.
14-Dial ” *#06#” to Check Imei.

That's all, your phone should be working as before, or even better if you use the delete chinese files in MTKDroidTools :good:

Last edited:
Reactions: Asunshine007

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi
    There is a new phone in clone market named Star Z2 ! it,s good phone with Good Config !

is there any rom or custom rom or even CWM ot TWRP for this phone ?
    have anyone tried backing up ROM on this phone ? i tried but i failed permanently because of CWM recovery !

anyone knows files like kernel or anything where would be found ????

Thanks in advance
    Youtube link:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGgccaxJBbM
    z2_black.jpg
    z2_champagne.jpg

Dual Sim
    Octa-Core MTK6592 1.7 GHz
    5" HD OGS,IPS
    8Gb ROM,2 Gb RAM
    WIDI Support,OTG(Mouse,Keyboard,Flash)
    Android 4.2.2
    Magnet Flip Cover
    MicroSD upto 32Gb
    Removable Battery 2860 mAh
    13 MP Back and 5 MP Front Camera
    Hi,

Thanks in advance.

thanks so much

Hi, no idea why the MEGA link doesnt't work anymore, try from here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/108918863/20140522_e2719_v92_zlh_hd.zip

thanks so much

Hi,

Thanks in advance.
    CWM and ROM

hi everyone

i found these two links for Tengda/Star Z2

Custom ROM

http://dfiles.eu/files/x98pepcyf

flash with sp-flash tools

CWM Recovery

http://www.needrom.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/CWM_Z2.img

use mobileuncle tools to update recovery