[Q] Need Help. Phone stuck on Samsung Recovery Utils Screen

Search This thread

modus81

Oct 1, 2010
Tennessee
I had Voodoo ext2 installed on my phone. I wanted to uninstall it. I had CWM installed on the phone but when I rooted into recovery, I got the Samsung Recovery Utils screen. I can't do anything from there.

I get the following error:

D:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1
(Invalid argument)
# MANUAL MODE #

I need help ASAP if someone knows what I need to do to fix it.
Thanks!

jiggaman508

May 6, 2010
Worcester, MA
Or you could reboot recovery from rom manager and it will take you, right into clockwork, it might be easier for some people. Remember if you are using the voodoo uninstaller follow the directions to the t and you will not have any problems I just used it today and I had no issues whatsoever.

Oh and chopper I noticed you are usually the first one to respond whenever anyone needs help I just wanna say thanks from all of us for all your help, I might need that help someday lol.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

sequoia2006

Dec 16, 2010
Chopper - Thanks for the quick reply.

I've managed to uninstall Voodoo and fix the phone. Thanks!

Can you please let me know the steps that you took to fix the boot loop? I was a newbie so I installed the Voodoo kernel then I've installed a non-voodoo kernel when I was playing with the ROM manager and it really messed it up. I've reflashed with the stock system/kernel/recovery files and wiped data/cached and it keeps looping into the Samsung Recovery Utils.

Thanks.

letor69

Apr 11, 2010
i have the same problem, im stuck Samsung Recovery Utils Screen

Update media, please wait
E: cant mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1
(invalid argument)
E:copy_dbdata_media: cant mount sd card:

your storage not prepare4d yet, please use UI menu for format and reboot actions.
copy default media content failed.

I have my sd card installed, and the enter ok button is not executing the option.
the button works fine, i power on and off just fine.
but cant execute any of the recovery utilities, HELP

letor69

Apr 11, 2010
i have the same problem, im stuck Samsung Recovery Utils Screen

Update media, please wait
E: cant mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1
(invalid argument)
E:copy_dbdata_media: cant mount sd card:

your storage not prepare4d yet, please use UI menu for format and reboot actions.
copy default media content failed.

I have my sd card installed, and the enter ok button is not executing the option.
the button works fine, i power on and off just fine.
but cant execute any of the recovery utilities, HELP

I guess no body is gonna help me

piperat

Oct 31, 2010
Indianapolis
Pull battery plug phone into computer hold down volume on phone to put you in download mode. Next odin cwm once finished unplug from computer, put battery back in hold up and down volume keys while turning on. Bam your in cwm.

Used my fascinating voodoo powers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In stock recovery highlight apply update zip and hit home button. That will get you to clockwork as long as you did not do anything with the update zip on your sdcard.

good day. From the Fascinate sporting the XDA app.