Droid 2 Global unlock code

Search This thread

dabigserver

May 6, 2011
Damn it! it seems like there wont be a solution, this is so freaking frustrating, I already tried the 2 codes that the seller provides and none of them worked like other users experienced aswell...

This is so bad, i dont want to try cellunlocker because i have the feeling that it will be the same s**t, I have a droid 2 global that I could unlock but the very one that I have now wont unlock... I am outside US, I am in Central America, I want to sell it to somebody in the US so they can use it in Verizon

And I am about to buy the famous turbosim card, if it works, the 3g the calls the sms functions I will keep it... there is no other way :'( I saw that you were offering money to somebody who can unlock it, I put 30 dollars to the bet

Last edited:

chinitopex

Jul 24, 2010
Guatemala
hello guys
please someone can help me
i have a fhone droid 2 global A956
I live in argentina and i want unlock by codes imei
this urgent for me
please can help about the codes unlock

erfannf2

Jan 2, 2011
hello guys
please someone can help me
i have a fhone droid 2 global A956
I live in argentina and i want unlock by codes imei
this urgent for me
please can help about the codes unlock
Try unlock4moto.com service. it's fast and very reliable unless your phone has a bad ESN! they are located in Europe so consider their timezone!

KT3D

Apr 16, 2012
Ahmedabad
I don't know if i am repeating someone or not but, if you can somehow wipe off and/or change the IMEI number than you can unlock the phone.

the difficulty

- Its illegal.
- rare to find people who do it.
- tutorials are not available for new phones. and its really difficult.

erfannf2

Jan 2, 2011
I don't know if i am repeating someone or not but, if you can somehow wipe off and/or change the IMEI number than you can unlock the phone.

the difficulty

- Its illegal.
- rare to find people who do it.
- tutorials are not available for new phones. and its really difficult.
Despite its illegality, how can change IMEI? Is it a hardware operation and needs special devices (like JTAG) or could be done via phone it self? I don't think it's illegal in the place I live!!! ;-)

erfannf2

Jan 2, 2011
I'm using a D2G with a i-smartsim turbo sim but I have a strange problem with it.

When I insert sim card with turbo sim it won't detect the network. But if I put the sim card in my UNLOCKED MILESTONE and after successful register on network, I pull the battery and then pull the sim and insert it into D2G then power it up will make it register on the network!!!! Anybody can help solve this problem?

dabigserver

May 6, 2011
I'm using a D2G with a i-smartsim turbo sim but I have a strange problem with it.

When I insert sim card with turbo sim it won't detect the network. But if I put the sim card in my UNLOCKED MILESTONE and after successful register on network, I pull the battery and then pull the sim and insert it into D2G then power it up will make it register on the network!!!! Anybody can help solve this problem?

There's no way to solve this, I am not sure but it seems this problem occurs due to the turbo sim firmware, I just bought and paid for an Universal No Cut Sim Card (black turbosim), anyway, It hasnt arrived yet, will be waiting for almost 3-4 weeks I guess, when i Get it, Ill tell you... lol long wait....

erfannf2

Jan 2, 2011
There's no way to solve this, I am not sure but it seems this problem occurs due to the turbo sim firmware, I just bought and paid for an Universal No Cut Sim Card (black turbosim), anyway, It hasnt arrived yet, will be waiting for almost 3-4 weeks I guess, when i Get it, Ill tell you... lol long wait....
It took a long time for me too. 45 days. Let us know if your's is good or not. Which country would you use the turbo sim?

lodestar1

Apr 24, 2012
Can someone who have unlocked a D2G with some kind of Turbosim , please tell us more and recommend from where he got it from (site ) , the exact model and year, etc. I've tried an unlocking code but it didn't work like many people here stated, so I wanna try the Turbosim. Really hope someone answers my question. Thanks

Kioba

Apr 13, 2012
Santo Domingo
Can someone who have unlocked a D2G with some kind of Turbosim , please tell us more and recommend from where he got it from (site ) , the exact model and year, etc. I've tried an unlocking code but it didn't work like many people here stated, so I wanna try the Turbosim. Really hope someone answers my question. Thanks

Well I get a universal turbo SIM from china, bought at ebay, for now to send sms and make calls works nice. I haven't a data plan yet, so I dunno if it have a problem, but did test with a sim from a friend and the internet works smoothly.

The thing I have heard so far, is that depend your carrier and the turbo sim you are using. Most of people has recommended the turbo sim with 2011 fw. You can fin it easy on ebay. Look with this item number 270690911540

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Probably, it only works for those phone that haven't been blocked by VZ.

This method works for all D2G phones. I successfully unlock D2G phone that can't be unlocked by code from Verizon support.
    I actually got in touch with 2 different 3rd party code vendors and they both gave me the same 2 codes. I had also managed to get Verizon to give me the codes themselves without having the phone activated with them (it involves a little social hacking and a lot of luck). The thing is that Verizon gave me 3 unlock codes, 2 of which were the same that the vendors had given me.

Long story short, I couldn't unlock the phone even with the codes I got from Verizon (one of them was different from what the vendors had given me). I am not currently in the USA and apparently the phone needs to connect with the Verizon network to complete the unlock. I don't know if you really need to have the phone activated with Verizon at the time that you enter the unlock code or if you just need the phone to be able to reach the Verizon network.

I will be going to the USA next month and will be trying this out but it'll be around mid April before I'm able to post my results.
    Yeah, im guessing the code MAY or may NOT work IF you're in the US ( as it can reach verizons network). Otherwise it just seems like theres no way it would work. Mine would come up with a "network unlock unsuccessful" as soon as i entered the code, like seriously, right away.

Also, lol @ "social hacking"
    xD
    I actually got in touch with 2 different 3rd party code vendors and they both gave me the same 2 codes. I had also managed to get Verizon to give me the codes themselves without having the phone activated with them (it involves a little social hacking and a lot of luck). The thing is that Verizon gave me 3 unlock codes, 2 of which were the same that the vendors had given me.

Long story short, I couldn't unlock the phone even with the codes I got from Verizon (one of them was different from what the vendors had given me). I am not currently in the USA and apparently the phone needs to connect with the Verizon network to complete the unlock. I don't know if you really need to have the phone activated with Verizon at the time that you enter the unlock code or if you just need the phone to be able to reach the Verizon network.

I will be going to the USA next month and will be trying this out but it'll be around mid April before I'm able to post my results.

When I unlock mine, I was outside US, outside of VZW network reach. But I guess mine was one of the not specially locked ones. They say the first batch wasn't tampered with (I got mine in the week of release, as soon as it was available at retail VZW stores)
    Not really .. u can try eBay and record the process (make sure u show the imei and the unlock code CLEARLY) , and they will refund u if u weren't from the lucky ones who can get it unlocked without Verizon .. (i tried it)

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium