no 4g love in virginia

Search This thread

reddtessa

Apr 19, 2012
Washington DC
www.reddtessa.com
Going on 3 days with nothing but 4G
Glad to hear it. What are you speeds?

still new to the android but here is the csv I emailed myself, with IP's removed..sorry lol.:
Date,ConnType,Lat,Lon,Download,Upload,Latency,ServerName,
"2012-04-26 22:33","Lte","38.60157","-77.30850",9145,1279,74,"Ashburn, VA",
Not too bad I guess. But love my home fios speeds better, lol.

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
I was able to 16.5 Mb/s yesterday. With Thunderstick's Full Blown ROM I was only getting 6.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

reddtessa

Apr 19, 2012
Washington DC
www.reddtessa.com
a bit depressing...

You'd think it would be better than this... maybe in due time I guess.
175419338.png

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
Lol... One of the nice parts of living in a slightly rural area where most people don't have 4g phones

seeingwhite

Aug 30, 2010
Lol... One of the nice parts of living in a slightly rural area where most people don't have 4g phones

Yeah but wait for a year and everyone will have a 4g phone and the speeds will drop. Then you will be the last to get a needed infrastructure upgrade since you're rural. Been there, done that. :D

Last edited:

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
Honestly, it will be a long time before they upgrade again. Look how long 3g has been around. Even if a bunch more people get on 4g its not a big deal because the population is still smaller than most areas.

seeingwhite

Aug 30, 2010

queva1

Apr 19, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
I no longer have a thunderbolt either I got a nexus off contract for a steal and couldn't resist, but I'm happy to report that people are now seeing 4g intermittently in Lynchburg and even as far out as amherst! It's coming people.... Finally!! I've been seeing 6-10 down and 3-6 up!

seeingwhite

Aug 30, 2010
I no longer have a thunderbolt either I got a nexus off contract for a steal and couldn't resist, but I'm happy to report that people are now seeing 4g intermittently in Lynchburg and even as far out as amherst! It's coming people.... Finally!! I've been seeing 6-10 down and 3-6 up!

That's great news. When did you start seeing it? My wife's razr didn't show it as of last week. What area specifically in lynchburg? They just recently have been wiring the towers and replacing the antennas, so I'm not surprised you are seeing it.

queva1

Apr 19, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
That's great news. When did you start seeing it? My wife's razr didn't show it as of last week. What area specifically in lynchburg? They just recently have been wiring the towers and replacing the antennas, so I'm not surprised you are seeing it.

I can personally confirm amherst near industrial Park and lynchburg timberlake rd around kroger!

MrDew87

Sep 24, 2010
Yeah over here on Timberlake road I have seen the 4g symbol show up twice that I've noticed. Once at 4 am and it was up for about 30 mins and a second time this week for a couple mins in the afternoon

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

queva1

Apr 19, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
I can confirm 4g right now on wards Rd near Burlington coat factory 4mbps down 3mobs up 140 ping... I love 4g downloading jelly bean for my nexus its 223mb got it in under 30 min.... I'll take unlimited data to the grave!!

seeingwhite

Aug 30, 2010
I can confirm 4g right now on wards Rd near Burlington coat factory 4mbps down 3mobs up 140 ping... I love 4g downloading jelly bean for my nexus its 223mb got it in under 30 min.... I'll take unlimited data to the grave!!

4mbps down, that's it? That's really slow. Two weeks ago I was getting 4G on Rivermont Avenue and was able to pull down 16mbps. How was your signal strength? I wonder if you were far from the tower.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's official for Richmond, Hampton Roads, and Roanoke.

Richmond and Hampton Roads by Oct. 20

Roanoke by the end of 2011

The official documentation here:
    http://news.vzw.com/news/2011/09/pr2011-09-21.html

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA App
    Richmond VA has 4G mainly in Mechanicsville and the VCU area. Spoty in the North Highland Park area and the West End is straight 3G (although the West End got a glimpse of 4G for a day around the end of July)

In Northern VA it stops at around Woodbridge, a little spoty in Dale City however. Not sure how far west but I do believe Leesburg, Ashburn and Sterling all have 4G. If the person above is right who said Richmond would be complete around October, then it shouldn't be long after for Fredericksburg to be upgraded as well as its the mid way point between DC and Richmond on I-95.

I believe he is telling the truth. I have seen a lot of Verizon workers at tower sites around Richmond lately.

EDIT: this was a response to ghstrdr1985's last response. The quote didn't go thru I guess.

Downtown and south of the James has it now.

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium
    VA Beach - 1 mile from Pembroke Mall 4G confirmed