Share your Photosphere Experiences (jb 4.2 cam)

Search This thread

nocomp

Feb 3, 2007
argonay
Hi,
you are using the JB 4.2 camera app (available here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1966313 ) and you got photosphere working without FC, please share your results.
Here are mines so far, very much useless :'(

Outside:
PANO_20121102_100612.jpg

Inside in a small area (quite interesting with all the lines on the ceiling)
%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

svucinic811

Jul 18, 2012
Belgrade
Today I learned that the Photo Sphere feature from the new Jelly Bean 4.2 is no better than what we'd already had on our One X's since forever.

massalami

Apr 1, 2011
Today I learned that the Photo Sphere feature from the new Jelly Bean 4.2 is no better than what we'd already had on our One X's since forever.

difference is panoramic is 360 degrees but in a circular motion. photosphere would be in a spherical motion, thus covering a larger area.
however, i didn't like the outcomes though.

I am quite excited though, to see the implementations of the user interface(the one finger gestures) in sense. That would be awesome

jed27.galvez

Jun 9, 2012
Running maXimus v5 and everything works perfect. After flashing, I got a new camera app and a new gallery app. Opened photosphere and snapped my whole living room without difficulties. Photo was saved on sdcard/DCIM/Camera, jpg format. Understandably, the image is flat when viewed on my desktop but viewing it on the gallery app that was installed with the jb 4.2 camera, it can be viewed with sphere scrolling. Need to note that my battery turned from 33 degree celsius to 45 after two minutes of using the camera!!

osJAm.jpg

jed27.galvez

Jun 9, 2012
Imagination goes a long way. Of course it's better to view it to the original gallery app but the stitches seen on the flat render stays ugly. I like where this is going, though.

nocomp

Feb 3, 2007
argonay
The stitching quality is very disapointing :eek: even withe the gallery app i still view it flat :sly:

Envoyé depuis mon EndeavorU avec Tapatalk

knoxploration

Apr 23, 2011
Stitching will always be worse for nearby objects than distant ones. This tool is useful for landscape panos, not in your living room.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

DeciMA

Mar 7, 2012
Mine crashes right after taking the first photo. I cannot figure out why and I've reflashed but no luck.

Any ideas?

**edit**
nvm, I've seen that it is a problem with CM10.

Last edited:

mrdey

Jul 8, 2010
It doesn't work yet as it should. I have tried .zip from link above same version from the same position with One X and S3. Feeling during taking photos and results are completely different. It feels like One X sensors are misbehaving.

I'm using OrDroid 7.1.0 (1.31 hboot).

Last edited:

diego9x

Aug 5, 2010
It must be that you guys just take bad pictures, here's a full 360.

a3y4ama7.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

knoxploration

Apr 23, 2011

a3y4ama7.jpg

a) As I've pointed out numerous times, panoramas have a problem with nearby subjects because of parallax. Your subjects are mostly far away, and don't have clearly-defined edges which are obscuring more distant scenery, hence parallax is less of an issue. That makes this about as easy a subject as you could hope for. Doubly so since the sky is overcast and so the exposure level doesn't vary so much from frame to frame.

http://www.panoguide.com/howto/panoramas/parallax.jsp

b) There are clear stitching errors in your pano, too. Surprisingly many, actually, given how far away the subject is. Open the thumbnail below to see some of them circled. There are more, I'm sure, but I got bored of finding and circling them. Some are worse then others, for example the repeated treelines, repeated island, blurred island edge, and the zig-zagging horizon.

Attachments

• a3y4ama7.jpg
    a3y4ama7.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 681
Reactions: VictoriousShooter

knoxploration

Apr 23, 2011
I'll add, by the way, that the stock HTC 2D pano tool is also absymal. It appears to make absolutely no effort to warp images, and simply aligns and fades them instead, leading to clear zig-zags in what should be straight lines like horizons.

The thing is, much MUCH better results should be possible. Attached is a pano shot not with the HTC One X, but with my Sony RX100 compact camera. (I've resized it to the same height as your pano.) It's a much more challenging subject, although nowhere near as bad as expecting to get a decent pano standing in the middle of a small room.

My image is -- other than brightness / contrast / color adjustment because there was a strong difference in exposure level and the bright sun / water biased the exposure too dark -- straight out of camera. No hand-tweaking of alignment was done, nor any local retouching of any kind.

It's stitched by the camera itself, which doubtless has a far less powerful processor than the HTC One X does. If the Sony can do this, the HTC One X should be able to do far better -- but so far it can't.

Attachments

• temp-pano.jpg
    temp-pano.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 701

filipecarmona

Dec 22, 2012
Santos
wrong nexus

Hey guys,
i've been trying to use photosphere for a couple of days on my Nexus S with custom ROM Xylon (android 4.2.1)
and i miss some things like the ability to share the pano to google maps, and also when i touch the edit icon (3-circle-venn), i get the "you don't have any app to complete this action" message.

As soon as i heard of the G+ player, i tried sharing it on g+ and here's the result (after trying many times):
plus[dot]google[dot]com/photos/115668189587438646263/albums/5824906965871823873/5824906969810603650

although i wanted something like this:
plus[dot]google[dot]com/photos/110023707389740934545/albums/5808606988734372865/5808606991682743250

(couldn't post links because it's my first post, sorry.)

could anybody help in this point? thanks in advance.

also: how to do that little planet effect? (i suppose it's on that EDIT button)

Attachments

• PANO_20121222_201542.jpg
    PANO_20121222_201542.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 629

Ambious

May 11, 2008
Haifa
Keeps throwing "Google Services" FC on me, but the camera itself keeps running and works fine :-O Awesome!
Edit: Here's my deck

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

a3y4ama7.jpg

a) As I've pointed out numerous times, panoramas have a problem with nearby subjects because of parallax. Your subjects are mostly far away, and don't have clearly-defined edges which are obscuring more distant scenery, hence parallax is less of an issue. That makes this about as easy a subject as you could hope for. Doubly so since the sky is overcast and so the exposure level doesn't vary so much from frame to frame.

http://www.panoguide.com/howto/panoramas/parallax.jsp

b) There are clear stitching errors in your pano, too. Surprisingly many, actually, given how far away the subject is. Open the thumbnail below to see some of them circled. There are more, I'm sure, but I got bored of finding and circling them. Some are worse then others, for example the repeated treelines, repeated island, blurred island edge, and the zig-zagging horizon.