[Q] unfortunately the process.android.process.acore has stopped

Search This thread

knarfies

Jul 30, 2012
Hey guys so i know there are plenty of threads going over this issue and even a official t mobile page explaining how to fix the issue but I'm all out of options. So i was running the stock rooted rom and saw a beats installer app in the market and decided to check it out. I proceeded with the process but when i got to the end and the app said the phone will now reboot the phone froze. I waited but after awhile decided to reboot the phone. I rebooted and the phone stayed stuck on the Samsung screen. I then proceeded to flash the stock rom i found online ( i think it was adroid police ) and rebooted. I noticed the phone didnt wipe though. I didnt have to log into google or anything. When i got back home, everything and its mom started to fail. Pop up screens so bad that i had to pull the battery and went back into odin and decided to oding the stock rooted rom. Got back to the home screen ( my phone didnt wipe after odin either ) and everything was failing still. I decided i better factory reset. That helped alot. After all day of getting my phone back together and loosing game data, i went to play virtual city and that wouldnt load. I gave up and uninstalled. I then went to join my contacts and after deleting contacts my phone pops the same error. What now? Hoping someone knows something i dont. Thanks guys.

Reactions: i7demon

knarfies

Jul 30, 2012
If anyone cares, I did another factory reset but from the settings menu instead of recovery and the phone seems to be running great so far. Keeping my fingers crossed

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

dellenrules

Mar 22, 2011
If anyone cares, I did another factory reset but from the settings menu instead of recovery and the phone seems to be running great so far. Keeping my fingers crossed

Ran into that problem recently. Fixed by clearing data on contact and contact storage in app manager.

Happens sometimes when ever a new ROM is flashed.

Pleskot

Jan 9, 2011
I'm also getting the same error. I started getting it after trying to root with the odin procedure with no flash counter increase. when i flash the stock image back it works normally, but i want root!

Reactions: Razer4925

taigan

Dec 10, 2009
NYC
Ran into that problem recently. Fixed by clearing data on contact and contact storage in app manager.

Thanks, you saved my bacon! I thought I would have to delete all my user data, but I did this after a flash and it worked perfectly. Appreciate your post!

vasanth_2016

Jan 4, 2013
Android bug

The problem occurs due to a bug in android , when you have saved a contact's birthday as 29 Feb, which occurs only in leap years. temporary solution is to change the birth date to any other date until google releases a fix .

surechim

Aug 9, 2011
Hi
I have this problem "unfortunately the process android.process.acore has stopped".When ever I 'Power ON or Restart' my SKyrocket(I727)..This issue started after flashing the new JB ROM--][UCLL3] SUPERLITE SAMSUNG JB 4.1.2 > (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2066468)
I have already tried with "clearing data on contact and contact storage in app manager"..Any other tips?

BR

My device was earlier running on SUPERLITE CM10 JB4.1.2 RoM | V8.0 (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1862244)

Last edited:

sswanny

Feb 15, 2013
Same Issue

I had that issue. Took me a while to figure out that I had forgotten to clear all my caches when I flashed the new 4.2.1 AOKP ROM. Cleared the caches and the problem was resolved.
-ss

surechim

Aug 9, 2011

I also did this stuff..but,this 'data' on 'contact/contact storage' never gets cleaned...as soon as clearing,I go back and check again,it contains the 'data' agin..What do i 'miss'?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Googled your post, worked for me on the Tab 10.1 after flashing a CM10 update without clearing user data. Thanks!

No problem. Glad it helped.

Had the same problem, and your advice worked like a charm.

Thanks a lot.