[FAQ's][TUTORIAL] What must I do after update 4.3?

Search This thread

fsyh95

Aug 28, 2013
I have found a bug and still dont know how to fix it.When I receive a notification with the stamina on,the LED will be white while when I switch it off,the LED will be green as in 4.12.Anyone know how to fix it??

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Nanostray

Oct 30, 2012
In your OP, the last query..you said that you'll lose root once you update your phone...it usually depends on the way how you updated your phone, i mean thru OTA or PCC? If thru PCC you will definitely lose root, in OTA there is a way to keep root though. Tried it on my SP and works flawlessly:good:

How? with an app, or just let it update?

headbon3

Mar 12, 2012
Davao Del Sur
How? with an app, or just let it update?

Might work on firmwares with same android version...i don't know if this works on latest 4.3. Coz we came from 4.1 and this method only works if you updated your phone via OTA. With the rolling of updates, its possible only via PCC and updating thru this method will definitely lose root access.

Yes, you can back-up root to temporarily un-root your phone when updating wiith Voodoo OTA rootkeeper. Then restore root after your phone has booted to the new FW installed.

Nanostray

Oct 30, 2012
Might work on firmwares with same android version...i don't know if this works on latest 4.3. Coz we came from 4.1 and this method only works if you updated your phone via OTA. With the rolling of updates, its possible only via PCC and updating thru this method will definitely lose root access.

Yes, you can back-up root to temporarily un-root your phone when updating wiith Voodoo OTA rootkeeper. Then restore root after your phone has booted to the new FW installed.

I thought voodoo rootkeeper didn't support 4.3 ... And won't work at all with a PCC update because it reinstalls the whole /system

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If today Sony roll-out update 4.3, i make FAQ's for you

Q: I have already Unlocked Bootloader, does i can get 4.3 update?
    A: Yes, you can get it but you can't install it via OTA or PCC (See this)

Q:What happen when I root my devices, but i dont have unlocked bootloader.Can i get update too?
    A: Yes you can update it

Q:How to update while my device has not to get it?
    A: Just wait FTF and flash it.

Q: If i get update, how to i can backup my contact, sms and games?
    A: You can backup it use Sony Backup and Restore app [Restore 4.3 Method*] ( Or Use App Backup & Restore) in your phone/or used PC Companion to backup

Q: I have rooted my devices, what happen after I update?
    A: Your devices will lost root, so you must root again.See second thread

More question you can add in comment section below.

*Only for update 4.3, Install manual apk if you want to restore backup from 4.1.2
    But i am pretty sure ota and pcc work with root on locked bootloader. I updated from .257 rooted to .254 without any problems

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

thanks for report
    Q: If i get update, how to i can backup my contact, sms and games?
    A: You can backup it using Backup and Restore app in your phone/or used PC Companion to backup

Backup and Restore app in your phone will not work with the backups you have made on 4.1.2 once you get 4.3 . I had the leak 4.3 installed and it said those backups are not compatible. The PC Companion backup worked fine.

yup because it other version...it possible to restore

btw you can use titanium backup
    Bro,plz post rooting tutorial ASAP... we can deodex later...!! need to restore messages and games save files...!! :(

now...i want to fix some error...adb shell not detect our devices...
    Yes...!! tried rootkit 18... nothing happened,just shows "deamon started"
    I flashed 4.1.2 fw's 254 kernel,device started crashing after sony logo...!! This way,we rooted a 2011 xperia,thoug it was also in bootloop..
    Bt in the case of SP,nothing is detected...!! So,turned off it using "power off" button and again on fresh 4.3....! :(

now i this problem has fixed...wait..i will upload rootkit and deodex tool:fingers-crossed: