[Q] Image stuck on screen

Search This thread

heetesh22@gmail.com

Mar 12, 2014
Hi. I have the top part of my screen stuck. In fact, in the top part of watsapp(header with name) is stuck on the screen and appears beneath every other application opened that has a light background. I even formatted the phone, re installed android but its still there. How do I fix that?

bhavstech

Aug 24, 2013
Mumbai
Hi. I have the top part of my screen stuck. In fact, in the top part of watsapp(header with name) is stuck on the screen and appears beneath every other application opened that has a light background. I even formatted the phone, re installed android but its still there. How do I fix that?

stramge does it even show when you boot in boot animation?

heetesh22@gmail.com

Mar 12, 2014
stramge does it even show when you boot in boot animation?

No. As I said it only appears on a pale background but not on darker colours. Any pale coloured app that opens on top of it, that area can be seen underneath the opened app. An app with a dark colour will cover the area and it is not visible. It's as if that part of the screen is frozen.

TheImpossibleEnemy

Feb 5, 2014
Local Bubble
It sounds to me like it's that infamous oled burn-in case.If you leave a static image on screen for a long time,say,2/3 hours,it'll burn in and stay there as a faint ghost image and you can do nothing about it.Only screen replacement.
Just my 2 cents...

heetesh22@gmail.com

Mar 12, 2014
It sounds to me like it's that infamous oled burn-in case.If you leave a static image on screen for a long time,say,2/3 hours,it'll burn in and stay there as a faint ghost image and you can do nothing about it.Only screen replacement.
Just my 2 cents...

I think you best described what happened. And what exactly should me replaced, the digitizer? Is it worth replacing and about how much will it cost?

Just my 2 cents...

seriously?
If I put an image staying for hours it can burn into my screen?
That sounds really weird..

Just looked it on the internet, now I'm afraid turning on my phone XD

Last edited:
yep,although i love this deep blacks and rich colors it delivers,this will be my last phone with amoled until these problems will be solved.
I have a samsung wave with amoled, I think that one is a bit better (better dpi), but also better brightness & colors. I love amoled, it makes colors more alive.